SUBTANK Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck64

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2015
NV. USA
I got my subtank mini today In mail and of course I went straight for the rba. I also ordered a box of 100 coils but the rba already had one in it. Now comes the problem. I have never wicked anything ever. So I get online and peruse a few how to,s. Seems like everyone does it differently. Gave up on that and tried it myself. Aside from the cotton bunching up on the opposite side and breaking the wick trying to pull it through I found that less is more. I tore the cotton in Half length wise and it worked great. So that's my first experience with wick and wire. I was so happy that I had to post about here.
Thanks

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I got my subtank mini today In mail and of course I went straight for the rba. I also ordered a box of 100 coils but the rba already had one in it. Now comes the problem. I have never wicked anything ever. So I get online and peruse a few how to,s. Seems like everyone does it differently. Gave up on that and tried it myself. Aside from the cotton bunching up on the opposite side and breaking the wick trying to pull it through I found that less is more. I tore the cotton in Half length wise and it worked great. So that's my first experience with wick and wire. I was so happy that I had to post about here.
Thanks
Congrats.

You want the wick tight but loose enough to slide in the coil.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Thanks
Once you get it right once, it will be easy moving forward. I use my Subtank Minis with the RBAs all the time.

Also, don't forget to buy some o-rings for your STM if you plan to use it long term. The bottom ring is custom for that tank and will be very hard to find if it is ever discontinued.

I have a few sets for my 2 Subtank Minis and just ordered another 5 x 5 packs of these as they are cheap and work great....

$1.44 Authentic KangerTech Colorful Silicon Seal Ring Set for SUBTANK Mini (SUBTANK Mini, 5-Set) at m.FastTech.com

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
You must be a prodigy lol. Took me like 2 weeks (and more juice than I care to mention) to get the wicking down in mine.
If I could offer any advice it's that if you end up using juice that's 80%vg or higher and especially if it's really dark, take a spare piece of kanthal wire, or a safety pin and dig yourself a juice hole right in the middle of the wicking holes. Make sure the cotton is covering the perimeter of the hole on the rba with the dug hole in the middle like a donut. :)

Reactions: MMW and Eskie

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Notice a pattern here? (other than a messy desk...) 7 mods, 5 subtank mini's all with acrylic bell caps. No stock coils, all rda's. Also great for the FDA Vape ban, starting soon in an America near you!
IMAG0299.jpg

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
@SupplyDaddy Nice!!!! Where'd you get your bell caps from?

Bell caps (and drip tips) from Fasttech, extra rda's and bases from Sweet Vapes. Although you Can get the authentic rda's and bases from Fasttech, the wait is normally just too long for those.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
anybody know what kind of oring that is at the bottom on the outside of the coil? Kind of clear and milky ish colored

I've looked for them but no avail, I think it'd be called a grommet... I used to just buy new coil heads when they wear out from rebuilding...

for 10$ not so bad, go through em normally afterwards rebuild...

$8.45 Replacement OCC Coil Head for SUBTANK Clearomizer (10-Pack) - 0.5ohm (15-30W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Edit* found some on ebay but 12$ for 20x, better off getting those replacements tbh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread