Status
Not open for further replies.

Katia

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Omaha, NE
www.nicoticket.com
I've noticed that ever since I got the NT banner, I need to refresh a page (any ECF page) in order for it to update!

Today I realised I was 3 days behind, refreshed the page and it updated again - anyone else find that happens?
The ECF banner I had before the NT one updated automatically.

Good question Pictor! I had to ask the Banner Master (i.e. - Clark) on this one. Have you tried hitting refresh on your browser? It periodically needs to be cached in order for the banner to automatically update. If you do that, you shouldn't have anymore issues. :D

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Good question Pictor! I had to ask the Banner Master (i.e. - Clark) on this one. Have you tried hitting refresh on your browser? It periodically needs to be cached in order for the banner to automatically update. If you do that, you shouldn't have anymore issues. :D
OK, thank you Katia!
Never done refresh in the browser before. I recall having to re-set IE once and it fixed a problem I was having but deleted all my passwords, log-ons etc. - is it something similar ...must find out!
Not vital I fix it right away :)

Pictor,

I hate to say it because I am a big fan of the Nicoticket team but that is the reason I changed my banner. I used to fly the Nicoticket banner :(

I have my own website and I hate when something doesn't load properly but I a little OCD.
If I remember to refresh a page each day it's OK.
I have a website too and I dread having to make a new one because I always run into problems with the nitty-gritty! ...I hate problems because they won't get out of my head until I work it out :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The banner continued to need a refresh of the page each day to update the count, but this past week ..perhaps longer - I've noticed that the banner is updating itself, and in real time too, not just every 24 hours!

...and, just as I found this thread to post this, I see it tick over to 10,000 cigarettes not smoked! ...scary! :)
Banner 10000 2.11.14 1.20am.JPG

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Since someone brought up the NicoTicket banner:

I realize this is a very minor personal nit-pic, but I'd like to see the parenthesis removed from the months, days, & hours. I find it oddly disconcerting.

It's only appropriate for "1 year", "1 Month", "1 day", and "1 hour". And why is the "0" in front of the year? Also, are the "Hours" even needed? Am I supposed to feel elated that I've quit for less than 24 hours? And after one day, do we really need to know the hours?

I sometimes awaken in the middle of the night thinking "why is Clark trying to make me feel oddly disconcerted"?

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Since someone brought up the NicoTicket banner:

I realize this is a very minor personal nit-pic, but I'd like to see the parenthesis removed from the months, days, & hours. I find it oddly disconcerting.

It's only appropriate for "1 year", "1 Month", "1 day", and "1 hour". And why is the "0" in front of the year? Also, are the "Hours" even needed? Am I supposed to feel elated that I've quit for less than 24 hours? And after one day, do we really need to know the hours?

I sometimes awaken in the middle of the night thinking "why is Clark trying to make me feel oddly disconcerted"?

best regards, larry mac

Good feedback on the hours piece for sure!

Sent from my Verizon SM-N910v Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk 4 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread