Status
Not open for further replies.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Parrot... happens to me from time to time. Usually my best vapes are in the morning, then the flavor dies out a little bit as the day goes on... especially if I'm vaping the same flavor.

vaping too much causes flavor loss for me too... so I try to vape in sessions and take breaks. When I havent vaped in 10-15 minutes, my atty is nice and cool and my batteries and tastebuds have recovered... so I get more flavorful vapes!

Also, I drink lots and lots of water.

Taste (especially when it comes to smoke/vapor) has a lot to do with your sense of smell... for some reason (magic, I presume) our sense of smell fatigues when we use it a lot. It's good to give it a break!

Hope that helps...

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Sounds to me like her nose is plugged up. Does she have seasonal allergies or something that could clog up her sinuses? We only experience 4 tastes on our tongues. Every other flavor is produced by the nose and tongue in tandem.

Hi Doomed!

Nope. No sinus issues or allergies at all. If anything, I'm the one with the allergy *drama* and it's pretty much all year 'round :mad:

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Parrot... happens to me from time to time. Usually my best vapes are in the morning, then the flavor dies out a little bit as the day goes on... especially if I'm vaping the same flavor.

Vaping too much causes flavor loss for me too... so I try to vape in sessions and take breaks. When I havent vaped in 10-15 minutes, my atty is nice and cool and my batteries and tastebuds have recovered... so I get more flavorful vapes!

Also, I drink lots and lots of water.

Taste (especially when it comes to smoke/vapor) has a lot to do with your sense of smell... for some reason (magic, I presume) our sense of smell fatigues when we use it a lot. It's good to give it a break!

Hope that helps...

OMG! I'm with you, Chronbro.... My best vapes are in the morning as well. I start my day with milder flavors and progressively move towards the stronger ones throughout the day. I vape quite a bit at work sitting in front of the computer all day so I can't complain :vapor:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Last night, I ordered two bottles of Atomic Cinnacide from Tasty Vapor....

Just curious if you have tried the Atomic Cinnacide yet?

I like to hear reactions of people who have never tried it before. I have never heard of Anyone who couldn't taste that e-Liquid.

nik0ness

Jun 20, 2011
nacogdoches,tx
i have hit this "wall" as well :(..happened with bombay's french vanilla which i LOVE **sniffles** so i just switched to gummi bear and have started drinking more water to keep meh tongue "wet" (i noticed that the more i vape the more i dehydrate than i cannot taste anything) i am planning on buying some coffee flavor from bombay and i will be mixing the vanilla liquid in to hopefully make a nice vanilla cappachino flavor that i can taste... i had to do this with some pineapple i got for free from mypvshop as i just couldnt taste it at all..mixed it with some pina colada and now its good to go... so maybe if she mixes the raspberry with something else it will work for her as well? o and drink more water :vapor:

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Just curious if you have tried the Atomic Cinnacide yet?

I like to hear reactions of people who have never tried it before. I have never heard of Anyone who couldn't taste that e-Liquid.

Hey Zoi,

Yup! I got the Atomic Cinnacide on Friday.... Took it out for a *spin* as soon as I could.

For the most part, it tastes like Big Red gum. I was afraid it would have a very explosive taste but it's actually a very pleasant vape (if you like cinnamon). I do have a dedicated atty for it, that's a must but I have been enjoying it quite a bit :D

As for my wife.... I'm still after her to give it a try. She will.... at the moment, she's been really excited about vaping with her new 5V regulated Saber Touch that we also received on Friday.

Vape mail is SOOOOO much fun :thumbs:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Very cool ParrotLover...

A.C. is a good e-Liquid. I have had people tell me they thought their face was melting the first time they tried it. I don't think it is quite that strong but it isn't for somepeople.

I really like it and it blends Exceptionaly well with either Cherry or Peach or both.

Glad to hear you like it.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Very cool ParrotLover...

A.C. is a good e-Liquid. I have had people tell me they thought their face was melting the first time they tried it. I don't think it is quite that strong but it isn't for somepeople.

I really like it and it blends Exceptionaly well with either Cherry or Peach or both.

Glad to hear you like it.

BTW.... I meant to tell you that I also decided to try out a 10ml bottle of the Tasy Finger.... not bad, I've been enjoying that as well.

Currently on order, is a 10ml bottle of Geoff's Blend. Can't wait to try this one out ;-)

BTW.... Ummm.... I thought we vapers were supposed to be saving money, compared to smoking analogs :w00t:

Clinton350

Jun 23, 2011
Ocean Springs, MS
Unfortunately I'm having the same problem. I started vaping about 2 months ago. I've tried about 5 different flavors before finding something I really like (Ikenvape RY4). So I loaded up with 60 ML of the stuff and now that I'm down to just over 30 ML I seem to have lost the ability to taste it.

This is really bumming me out. I tried the tongue scrubbing, saltines, water, ect and nothing seems to make a difference. I would try one of the other flavors I have for a few days but I left them at home and I'm stuck offshore for another 12 days. Just to see if it was the eliquid fading away I opened my second 30 ML and tried that but it seems mostly the same. One strange thing I did notice however is the liquid in the second bottle seems thicker. I'm using CE2s and I noticed it definately takes more force to draw the liquid up into the syringe. Probably unrelated but thought it odd. Maybe I should be shaking the liquid up each time before drawing fluid out of the bottle.

ronlitton

Sep 22, 2010
Monticello, FL
Yup, similar experiences. Another "hiatus" flavor to try is Sassafras (I make my own DIY juices, and use 12% LorAnn Sassafras in unflavored 24mg 70/30 blend juice). The mint and cinnamon flavors work well also, while waiting out the return of the tastebuds. Also, get a tongue scraper and use it morning and evening, to speed up rejuvenating the taste buds.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Yup, similar experiences. Another "hiatus" flavor to try is Sassafras (I make my own DIY juices, and use 12% LorAnn Sassafras in unflavored 24mg 70/30 blend juice). The mint and cinnamon flavors work well also, while waiting out the return of the tastebuds. Also, get a tongue scraper and use it morning and evening, to speed up rejuvenating the taste buds.

Thanks for the tip ;)

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Just recently I hit vaping with a bang. I started a year ago and enjoyed it but somehow slipped back into smoking after 3 months and then smoked for 6 months alternating between smoking and vaping.

Now I've gone back to vaping full time and don't care for cigarettes and have stocked up on wonderful juices from Vaperite, BWB and AVE. The first day I got these juices I was in vaping heaven loving the sublime, exotic and blissful flavours of AGV Tobacco from Vaperite, Bobba's Bounty from AVE and Casablanca from BWB. I had a whole bunch of other liquids I hadn't even tried from these vendors.

Well that night everything changed. Everything started to either taste harsh or tasteless. The following day I woke up with the flu and have had it for 2 weeks. Now I am coming out of the flu, the sinuses are clearing and the chest is getting over the mucus build up but I still can't taste my juices properly. I can only make out spearmint and some of my old FreedomsmokeUSA juices (for some reason I can taste Wyatt Earp and it's licorice flavour and I can taste Ry5), but I cannot taste most of my new stock of juices. My mouth has a cottonball feel and there is a harsh taste in the back of my throat.

Added to this to sully my vaping experience even more is the fact that I feel like my nicotine tolerance has dropped rock bottom. I seem to be only 4 or 5 puffs away from feeling there is too much nicotine in my system, and that includes the first few vapes first thing in the morning after a 'nicotine fast' overnight. Whereas before I would vape all day long I can't seem to vape more than 5 or 6 puffs an hour without feeling like my nerves are on edge and my muscles spasming. Whereas before I felt like I could barely get enough nicotine from vaping and would love vaping first thing in the morning for the way it would send me into blissful waves of nicotine replacement, now I feel like I am swallowing a vile of pure nicotine every time I vape my 18 or 24 mg juice for a few minutes. It's as though my body is not metabolising the nicotine or something.

Where did it all go wrong? I don't know. Maybe it's just this virus and that is all there is too it or there is something more complex going on with my biochemistry or the way nicotine is absorbed and accumulated in the body and my sense of taste has been shot for coming onto it's ninth day now.

Oh well, at least my new organic liquids are getting a good chance to steep properly.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread