Suggested Battery Size & PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
You know I was thinking a mini/pcc combination would be amazingly improved if you could charge your battery without removing your cartomizer.

Imagine a super mini cartomizer combo that when your done vaping you put the unit into the charger, fully assembled, and its charging, no button pushing to start the charging please, and then you take it out and vape on it. Of course the charging point would be where the led is now in most super mini's but you could probably use a charging pin like the ipod nano, the small round ones, to decrease the aesthetic impact of having it up front.

Kind of like the twisted kobold inspired offspring of a l88/dse084 and a ego front charge usb battery/trifecta

You could call it the kobold.

Edit: if you made a gold version you could call it the golden kobold.

Last edited:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
The led COULD be a ring around the charging port, in fact I forgot about it but my volcano usb front charge att batt does have an led that glows when its plugged in...so there is no reason why it couldn't glow when activated...of course it also depends on how much they can stuff in a kr808 sized battery.

this is what I was thinking the charging port could be like inside the pcc to minimize size
Mini-USB-Data-Charger-Adapter-for-iPod-shuffle-2.jpg

, but if they can put a mini usb on the trifecta they can do it on a mini mini I guess

Last edited:

VAPlN'

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Iowa
I once heard that: "it's not the length... and it's not the size... it's how it's used and how many times it will rise". But, you're the gals and I'm going to yield to your expertise on this one. However... I'm thinking that (an ecig) that is 1/2" longer is well worth the extra battery life and/or added carto capacity. My wife is insisting that she wants something that resembles an analog. Especially when she is in public. She doesn't think the 1/2" would discourage her from a longer lasting batt and carto though.

She's on the infamous NPro right now and hates the flavor and batt life of them. We're looking for something else for her right now and the MF is at the top of our list. Would have already ordered her one, but the kits are out of stock now. I'll post her evaluation, when she has tried one. She fits this profile to a "t".

VAPIN' was here..... Where might he be next?

VAPlN'

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Iowa
What is the performance difference between the standard (78mm) and the mini (65mm) batteries? I'm assuming that the volts are standard and that the variable here is the battery life only. If not please correct me. If so, what is the difference in battery life between the two? Is it substantial enough to make the 78mm worth going with?

I like the PCC for the mini batts and think my wife would like it much better than the 78mm PCC. But, I don't want to throw money at the mini setup and find out it would be better to have gone with the standard (78mm) setup.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I don't have any 78mm batteries to compare, but I have three 65mm batteries and I love them, and the mini-PCC. I get a minimum 2-1/2 hours out of a battery charge, and that's if I'm vaping heavily.

NYC has stated that she doesn't get a lot more time out of the longer batteries, but again, I don't have them to compare, I only know that the 65mm last plenty long enough for me.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
correct it is just a difference in MAH....battery life

Is 20% about right? I thought I remembered reading that it was less than that. 20% might actually be worth it, extending my 2-3 hours out to nearly 4 hours...If only the mini-PCC case held 78mm batteries, but I don't want it go get any bigger, so I guess I'm good. :)

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
Looking at the miniPCC, I think I may pick up some 78mm batts and mod my miniPCC to work with it. I don't think I'll have any trouble removing the lip that holds the mini in place and replacing it with a removable/fold down divider. Maybe even spring loaded, which I think leaford posted was the plan for eventually making a full size like the mini.

I think there is plenty of room in the miniPCC for both size batts, it's just a matter of how to hold them against the threadless charger contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread