Suggestions for double engine rta ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Hi all.. good to be here...
Just got an obs engine nano rta (its single coil)... its ok but i cant push it above 50 watts with the coil it came with without it choking me. Wanted ask if anyone can suggest a good reliable double coil rta.. cause even if i get a better coil for my nano .. i would still probably wanna take it to about 100 watts. Would really appreciate any suggestions from anyone, also asap cause black friday's coming up on fastech :)
Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hi all.. good to be here...
Just got an obs engine nano rta (its single coil)... its ok but i cant push it above 50 watts with the coil it came with without it choking me. Wanted ask if anyone can suggest a good reliable double coil rta.. cause even if i get a better coil for my nano .. i would still probably wanna take it to about 100 watts. Would really appreciate any suggestions from anyone, also asap cause black friday's coming up on fastech :)
Thanks!
You might consider the OBS Engine. The original dual coil, not the Nano.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks all for your help!

Thats about what im vaping on my cleito 120 atty i guess i just feel the hit better

I'm from the school of build the best coil and whatever the wattage it is to get that vape (regulated mods). If you want to build a dual deck RTA with big coils and lots of air, maybe something from the Aromamizer series, or maybe a Pharaoh RTA which comes with an interchangeable single coil deck, and has several other deck options available including several dual coil decks.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Do you mean i can get to like 100 watts on a single coil atty like the nano just depending on the coil?

The wattage is not the best way of getting the best vape. We all have our sweet spots. I think you'e best off buying a tank with a history of performance you're looking for (clouds, vapor...) then build a coil(s) that match that particular tanks. Given the small chamber and moderate airflow it has makes it very unlikely you'll get any coil in there that's performs well at very high power like 100W.

Still, the question is why do you want to vape at 100W? Just because 100W works best for your Clieto and the factory coil it comes with does not mean every other tank vaped needs the same wattage. If the Nano at 50W was giving you a great vape, would you raise the power up to 100W because the Clieto runs best at that?

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Ofcourse not .. thank you...
I guess maybe i should try the nano with the juggernaut coils (i dont know how to build)
Maybe that would suffice.
But i am just thinking out loud ... because theres a big discount at fastech now im afraid that the juggernaut coil wont do it and if i dont get a double engine now ill miss the discount period)
The only coil i have now is what came with the atty.
So would you say i can get a similiar effect on the nano at fifty watts with a diffetent coil.. to that of the cleito at 100?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Why not try both? I mean, from FT, things should be fairly inexpensive, but I think if you really prefer a cloudier vape, you may need a dual coil RTA, to vape at those wattages. Could try a lower resistance coil with thicker wire for more mass in the RTA you are using now, just to see if you can get the vape where you want it, though. Good luck.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The biggest question in recommending any of this stuff is knowing how you vape? Are you looking for clouds or are you into the flavor or both? Knowing what you're going for is the best way to pick and choose stuff that has potential. It's sort of like asking "what's the best tank", and the answer comes down to what you want.

Also, are you vaping to get off cigarettes or for the hobby sort of occasional use? Are you using juices containing nic or none? The nic levels that work best for you also varies by tank, so that's good to know too.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
He has a cleto (that used to be mine, :lol::lol:, but you know my thoughts on sub0hm) and said he was vaping it around 100 watts, so definitely clouds I'd think, more than flavor, or at least the ability to achieve clouds, (they're not entirely mutually exclusive) but if the single coil engine isn't cutting it, I'm thinking more clouds seem to be crucial. I don't think the dual engine is a terrible RTA from what I've heard, I just don't really know what to recommend RTA wise to a sub0hmer. Maybe you have some ideas, @Eskie ?? He's looking for something similar to the Cleto (I think) with less cost on coils, at least that's what I'm getting from previous posts... ??

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Anna, you're probably right, but I hate making assumptions and toss around recommendations without knowing the answer. When Ethan can post that it'll be easier. Maybe something like the original dual coil Engine is a good fit. Maybe he's going to need a lot more airflow if it's cloud only. I like buying different style tanks just to check them out, but that starts to add up after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread