Status
Not open for further replies.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
It is impossible to find things and difficult to navigate. You should fix it and reap the rewards.

I am not the only one with that opinion.

See this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/373398-got-vapes-website.html
I see that at least 3 others agree with you.
Yes it's true, the owners of GV have set out to confuse potential buyers in hope that they will go elsewhere. :)

I don't know why,but I never seem to have trouble finding what I'm looking for there.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
I see that at least 3 others agree with you.
Yes it's true, the owners of GV have set out to confuse potential buyers in hope that they will go elsewhere. :)

I don't know why,but I never seem to have trouble finding what I'm looking for there.

Really? I guess I am just stupid.

woody55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
I don't follow junkman, you have the product box on the left, laid out in catagories.

GV StartMeUp! New Vaper Kits
GV e-Cigarette Kits & Batteries
GotVapes™ Cartomizers
GotVapes™ Tanks
GotVapes Advanced
GV Atomizers & Accessories
FLüX™ Nectar e-juice
LiQUA Premium Italian eJuice
GotVapes™ FLüXotic Apparel!
GotVapes™ Gift Certificates
GotVapes ALPHA™

I don't understand where the difficulty navigating is at!

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
No, I'm not trying to disparage you in any way, but I have no problem navigating that site.

What are you looking for?
Maybe I can help find it for you.

Not looking for anything there anymore. I moved on because it was so frustrating to shop there. Someone posted about it and I always felt the same way, so I thought since it wasn't just me, I would share with them.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Not looking for anything there anymore. I moved on because it was so frustrating to shop there. Someone posted about it and I always felt the same way, so I thought since it wasn't just me, I would share with them.

Ok, so you aren't looking for anything, just logged on to bash the site and have no interest in being a customer.
I guess I can't be of much help to you.

If you or anybody else actually DOES want to become a customer, this is a good place to get help. There are a lot of good people on this forum that will bend over backwards to help people out that need it.

(by the way, I'm just a customer and have no ties to the site, the forum or the owners)

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
I think the last thing I was looking for was a charger for a spinner. Of course there is no link on the home page for chargers. If you search for charger, you get a bunch of stuff that isn't chargers. If you search for ego charger, you get a bunch of stuff that aren't chargers. If you search for spinner charger you get a bunch of stuff that aren't chargers.

Most places you have links to common items you may be looking for. Clicking the link takes you to several choices in that category.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I think the last thing I was looking for was a charger for a spinner. Of course there is no link on the home page for chargers. If you search for charger, you get a bunch of stuff that isn't chargers. If you search for ego charger, you get a bunch of stuff that aren't chargers. If you search for spinner charger you get a bunch of stuff that aren't chargers.

Most places you have links to common items you may be looking for. Clicking the link takes you to several choices in that category.

Go to
"Atomizers and accessories"
"Ego Chargers"
eGo Chargers : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Spinners use standard ego chargers, so they don't carry a special one just for the spinner. It works on Ego's, Twists, Spinners, Kgo's and many other similar batteries.

Took me all of 20 seconds to find it.

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
search chargers, bottom of list "genuine Joyetech ego charging system" that one work real well for the spinners.

Thanks.

Actually, I did eventually find one and ordered from Gotvapes a while back. But when I search chargers as recommended, I get on the first page 20 results, none of which is the product you reference, and only 1, the last item is a charger of any sort, a USB car charger.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Ok, so you aren't looking for anything, just logged on to bash the site and have no interest in being a customer.
I guess I can't be of much help to you.

If you or anybody else actually DOES want to become a customer, this is a good place to get help. There are a lot of good people on this forum that will bend over backwards to help people out that need it.

(by the way, I'm just a customer and have no ties to the site, the forum or the owners)

No, I just thought I would post it cause I believe it is costing them business, and I (and likely others) would probably shop there if I felt it was a good experience, but I gave it up after a few times.

Just trying to be helpful, actually. :)

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Go to
"Atomizers and accessories"
"Ego Chargers"
eGo Chargers : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Spinners use standard ego chargers, so they don't carry a special one just for the spinner. It works on Ego's, Twists, Spinners, Kgo's and many other similar batteries.

Took me all of 20 seconds to find it.

OK. Well I would never have thought to look for ego battery chargers under atomizers but it definitely is the place to look on gotvapes.

It does say Atomizers AND Accessories, there are only a few main categories, to keep it simple, so if it is not in e-cig kits, cartos, tanks, juice, then that is the logical place to look I would think? But we'll look into some cool crafy way to make it a bit easier - danno

Last edited by a moderator:

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I'm a graphic designer, a web designer, and I wrote a graduate-level thesis on user interfaces, so I am VERY critical of websites, especially ones that are for commerce, and where easy navigation is critical.

The GV site is, in my opinion, pretty cluttered and ugly. But I see no problem with the navigation, organization or user interface they use. Everything is clearly labeled. There are easy-to find links for every subcategory. The side-bar is clear and consistant throughout the site.

It's ugly--there is no debating that. It is overly busy with all the animated headers and banners, and the multiple columns. If you are viewing it on a small laptop or a portable device with a small screen (like a smart phone or tablet) it would be an impossible-to-read aesthetic nightmare. But on a typical laptop or desktop computer, it should be easy to read (although cluttered, busy and ugly.)

So I guess I'm not sure what you are on about, saying it is hard to navigate. It IS distracting, and the multi-column format is cluttered and overly-busy, but the navigation seems pretty straight-forward, and it has a "search" function that works pretty well...

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I'd do anything to make it easier to navigate. For those of you who may be having trouble do you have any suggestions?

Right now the way I have it is, major categories, then you drill down. For instance if you are looking for a Stardust: It's a cartomizer, so you click the main category on the left that says Cartomizers. You then have choices there. Since it is an ego cartomizer you go to the ego cartomizer category. Once you click on that link you have all of our ego type of cartomizers contained there such as: Stardusts, Kanger (T2, T3, T5), AlphaStars, SMOKtech ReDuX, etc. In each of those categories you also have the changeable heads so you don't have to search for those.

Then lets say you are looking for something that isn't a battery or a cartomoizer or a tank. If you look through the main categories you might imagine those miscellaneous vaping supplies might be there in the Atomizer and Accessories category, there you might find the eGo chargers, batteries, ego holders, ego lanyards, juicing supplies and so on.

If all else fails the search box works really really well.

We used to have the left hand navigation column that became quite a jumble and we decided to consolidate it. If any of you have any suggestions that woudl make it easier I am open to hear them out (actually would be appreciative of it) and we can see what we can do to help in that area.

Ken62

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Weatherford, Texas
It is impossible to find things and difficult to navigate. You should fix it and reap the rewards.

I am not the only one with that opinion.

See this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/373398-got-vapes-website.html

Thanks for the advertisement on the GotVapes site. As a noob looking for a carto tank and some cartos to go with it, I was having a heck of a time knowing which cartos would go with the SmokTech tanks. GotVapes has the cartos on the same page as the tanks (imagine that!).

FWIW, I have no trouble at all on the site, there are good graphics and photos that are not overwhelming. Navigation is a snap and I know where I will be placing my next (tank) order from.

Drwho22

Jul 6, 2011
Alabama
It took me about 4 clicks with 1 wrong turn to get an ego charger and I've only ordered twice from here.
I can think of a different web site that tried to improve things and made them worse. I don't want to have to reset my account or learn a new layout or have zoom in to pictures never work again cause a couple people got frustrated. I would also dislike 100 categories on the left of start page like another site.
Maybe change the picture of ego chargers to an ego charger but that is about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread