Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Thanks Harmonic...

Advanced name warns new vapers that this is of course, "Advanced", these products have a different warranty policy. One of the main products in there, or about the only product in there, are the rba's. So to say Advanced Rebuildable Atomizers would be redundant and can be confusing in and of itself. A customer might say that "Oh THESE are the rba's that are advanced, so what are the rba's considered NOT advanced and where do I find them?"

So you can't possibly please everyone with everything. You do your best and if all else fails you do have search. Our site is one of the most logically laid out sites out there as far as this goes. I know of a ton of big sites here in ECF that are simply just a jumble and you don't know where to begin. With GotVapes you have a simple layout...you go to that left side navi area and the categories of products are defintiely laid out in logical fashion. When junkman first started this thread the gut reaction of all of the first responders including Max our support person (who would see floods of complaints and side with the original poster if deemed appropriate) that they had NO trouble navigating the site with maybe a side comment on suggestions in other areas, which any site can use and welcomes.

Bottom line, I am seeing where we could improve is in keeping our top banner updated and more topical and timely (which I am working on as we get more help here in the shipping department). Also, actually have new and relevant videos in the What's Hot and Happening area at the very top. That was originally supposed to have been udpated at least once a week when I implemented that about the time I took shipping to Texas.

I try to keep the newspaper headline pretty relevant but overall the logic of the site for navigation is pretty good, can always be tweaked but it has forward momentum. But as with ANY site you of course sometimes have to ferret through things. That's unavoidable. So I think the main thing to do is keep it fresh with new videos in that top middle column part, keep our rotating banner on the home page fresh and keep things in stock : )

You don't want to make major changes to a site simply for the sake of change (we saw what happened with that sort of logic 4 years ago). When you do that you can:
  1. Throw off regular customers who have gotten used to the logic of the site who have said here in a majority and fairly large numbers, that navigation doesn't need fixed
  2. You will still always have the problem that some people will still have 'problems' navigating the new site. You trade one 'problem' for another.

Thanks so much for all of the feedback! I think this has run its course for now and we so much appreciate everyone's interest in our site and our continued success in serving the vaping community and all of our wonderful customers.

yeah, gathering all the info provided, much can be used to smooth things over and improve tags and search and some other helpful ideas, thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread