• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Suggestions????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still noob: PV for 1 month: I have bought 5 ego batts at all different mAh, LCD at 3.7 volts and Passthrough. I have bought the gear for ego-tanks (go through juice quick also), but not fussy about the tanks, as liquid in mouth or you need LR Atomizers to get the flavor or throat hit and they seem to be pricey. Tried the Vision Stardust (SR), but they don't like my liquids, tend to crack. Cartomizer 510, I believe these were (SR) just don't seem to hold enough juice or flavor for me. I like flavor. I tend to keep going back to the ego LCD at 3.7volt instead of the other ones at what 3.2 or 3.3 volts. When I take a toot I seem to take short pulls to the count of 5 pulls so I have lots of vapor in mouth, so good inhale and exhale then. I am not a one long haul vapor.:oops:

I feel something is missing. Any suggestion would be welcomed. Like different PV or Accessories. Smoked PAD, for 33 years, but not a deep like 10 sec. one haul drag person. See I like 3.7 volts thinking about the ego variable volt to 4.2 volts or lavatube mini. Something that is not going to have me hack up a lung like a stinky or cost a fortune either. When I go out I still go to the smoking areas to vape & I don't care who looks at me and what I am vaping as long as it is not too big.;)

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I don't have time for a lengthy response so here's the point form lol.

There's nothing wrong with egos, if you're worried about hacking and having it be too strong, I would suggest that variable wouldn't be that good for you.

The key to vaping is matching a battery to a specific ohm rating of a atty/carto to give you the overall strength and warmth of the vape. My suggestion would be to get cartos in 1.7ohm, 2.0ohm, and 2.5ohm to start, and run them on your ego to see which you like best. Once you have a comfort level for the wattage (heat), you can start exploring mod and battery options to get what you want. Doesn't matter if it's a tank, atty, carto or whatever, they should all perform about the same as long as the ohms and battery voltage stays consistant.

For example, I prefer strong vape. My usual is a 3.7 mod battery (4.2v charged) on a 1.7ohm carto resulting in a 10.5ish wattage or vape strength. If I run a 3ohm carto at 5.5v, I get the same basic end wattage. My point is, find what you like, and you can basically recreate the experience on any device once you know your sweet spot.

Hope that helps lol

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Hey Wishbone1960, Chinner may be 100% correct in recommending that a VV may not be good for you.
My opinion is for 20 bucks or so you could grab a VV ego battery and find out for yourself.

While I'm very new, and only ever used a VV device, limiting your vaping to one voltage and
trying to find which juice and hardware works best at that voltage for you seems limiting and
an expensive venture to me.

While simply upping the volts doesn't always equate to a more pleasurable experience with your chosen juice/hardware, 1/2 a volt makes a huge difference and the vape can go from next to nothing to overpowering. Adjusting your draw
(suction and frequency) lower as you increase the voltage will keep you from coughing up a lung.

Unfortunately finding the sweet spot still does involve a little coughing from time to time but still nothing like
what it used to be for me with the analogs.

I guess what it boils down to is, I believe a VV device will give you a greater chance of finding your "sweet spot" with any chosen hardware and juice.

Hope you find what works for you without breaking the bank or filling up the landfill.

Cheers Hitme:vapor::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread