Super high ohm vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Yes, Joking. Found it funny that the OP is Super High ohming and I'm one of the odd lot still on 3ohm's yet, lol.
May have been a bit of an overstatement. You just don't hear much about 3+ ohm coils anymore. I've got to crank it at over 6 volts to get a solid vape out of her.

Reactions: r77r7r

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
So you think vaping at 1.5ohms is SUPER high ohm????????????????

Guess you just started vaping, like 3 months ago or less. 1 year ago it was CRAZY to vape at less than .5ohm. Now a 1.5ohm dual coil is super high and people are vaping at >.05ohm. I blame Facebook and Xbox, that's the only explanation. People are soooooooo Shallow with the attention span of a fly these days.

Last edited:

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
So you think vaping at 1.5ohms is SUPER high ohm????????????????

Guess you just started vaping, like 3 months ago or less. 1 year ago it was CRAZY to vape at less than .5ohm. Now a 1.5ohm dual coil is super high and people are vaping at >.05ohm. I blame Facebook and Xbox, that's the only explanation. People are soooooooo Shallow with the attention span of a fly these days.
I consider it to be very high ohm. Two 3.15 ohm coils. Takes a lot of voltage to get it moving compared to the sub ohms I was vaping.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I consider it to be very high ohm. Two 3.15 ohm coils. Takes a lot of voltage to get it moving compared to the sub ohms I was vaping.
Just so you know, to anyone who has been vaping for longer than two years the thread title looks like a joke.

A 2 ohm dual coil is a standard resistance coil to a lot of people. High resistance would be above 3 ohms and low resistance is below 1.8 ohms.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I'd consider 10 ohms to be super high.

2 ohm and 3 ohm I consider normal.
1 ohm is a boundary.
5 ohm is a boundary; when i started vaping there were mods that took coils from 1.5 to 5 ohms, example this vamo:
$22.49 Vamo V3 Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV - stainless steel / with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
so 5 ohms i'd consider high but not super high.

suffice it to say these days
subohm = less than 1 ohm
superohm = more than 1 ohm

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    May have been a bit of an overstatement. You just don't hear much about 3+ ohm coils anymore. I've got to crank it at over 6 volts to get a solid vape out of her.

That's partially due to your less than efficient use of air flow & chamber size. A 510 atomizer bore is about 8.5mm with a restrictive air flow which makes them very efficient at about ~8 watts. (3 ohms @ 5v which is only 1.6a)

Mine looked like this inside
    P1000374.jpg

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    Just so you know, to anyone who has been vaping for longer than two years the thread title looks like a joke.

A 2 ohm dual coil is a standard resistance coil to a lot of people. High resistance would be above 3 ohms and low resistance is below 1.8 ohms.

That is true but times change. We either go with it or remain in the past. I typical vape at a standard ohm 1.8 which is high for recent vapers. I have some 2.5 coils that I can use if I want, but I prefer 1.8.

Someone who makes a 100k looks like a lot to someone who makes 10k which may seem poor to someone who earns 1 mill. Perspective.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    That is true but times change. We either go with it or remain in the past. I typical vape at a standard ohm 1.8 which is high for recent vapers. I have some 2.5 coils that I can use if I want, but I prefer 1.8.

Someone who makes a 100k looks like a lot to someone who makes 10k which may seem poor to someone who earns 1 mill. Perspective.
    I just wanted to let the OP know that some might think this is a joke thread.

Reactions: bluecat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread