SUPER NOOB ALERT!! What am I missing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTerri

Oct 15, 2013
Northwest AR, USA
Hey guys...

I'm somewhat new to vaping, but as much as I want to take a huge drag on the thing, I still feel guilty, like it will hurt, (or at least not be too good) for my lungs! (Even though I use 0 nic. almost all of the time!!) I guess I can't just get my MIND around the fact that this is mostly WATER VAPOR!! What am I missing here??:blush:

Started with a Vapage U-Turn....650mah, (can choose little or big hits) but don't like the bulkiness of the thing.

Am happier with Halo and Vapage batteries. (Check out Halo's colors! AND both Halo AND Vapage have lightning fast shipping, and Halo's shipping is super low!! Like $3.00 for a BUNCH of stuff!)

Bought the juice on Ebay from US sellers...made by some 'Joes.' This last batch of bottles have very THICK liquid. Am having a hard time filling re-fillable cartomizers because of that (not clearomizers.) I have the clearomizers, but rather like the cigarette feel of Halos and Vapages. (Sorry!) I keep one in my teeth when vaping.....and in fact, even now as I'm typing... hehe... like I've got a straight candy cane in my teeth!
Bite marks 'a plenty on my cartomizers...having a blast, btw...

Any suggestions, kind criticisms, or comments are appreciated.

And, by the way....Did you ever have a BURNED, FIRE hit with a clearomizer?? I think it's because it was super low on liquid, or something. It seems to be working okay now, but I wonder if I should change the thread?? It's on the U-Turn that I rarely use....too bulky. I now think I know what a Chocolate/Banana pie tastes like when it's on fire!!

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!
Terri​

Last edited:

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Did you smoke cigarettes prior to vaping? They are called analogs. The thick juice means it has a high vg content, vegetable glycene. It is harder to wick and can cause dry hits like you mentioned above. Look for mixes around 50/50 pg/vg or 60/40, etc.....those will work better in your cartimizers and clearomizers. Pg is propylene glycol.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
(What's an analog??)
See what a NOOB I am??
Sorry!

ps...thanks for responding to me....you're the only one.

I just saw this and see that others have already explained. No need to apologize all of us where new at some point. You can only learn if you ask!
You will find that members here are kind and willing to help and answer questions :)

gregamite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Beaumont, TX, USA
vg is the thick juice. but yes you can add water but it needs to be distilled water. and do it little bits at a time. you dont want your juice too thin. the "fire" hit you described was probably a dry hit and, yes because there wasnt enough juice to wick. try tilting it when vaping and even more so when low on liquid. and i believe vaping to be much much more healthy than analogs. good luck

TTerri

Oct 15, 2013
Northwest AR, USA
Hi Cags...
Yes, on and off during my 55 years, but I was always a very light smoker. I smoked 'light' cigarettes and not more that a pack every 3 days-ish..
I can hardly stand to even put nicotine in my liquids now! (I have a bottle of 32mg. nicotine!)
I guess I'm happy with the 0% nicotine and getting into various flavors ....Chocolate/Banana..... Chocolate/P.Butter..... Chocolate/Cherry.... although I do have a big 30ml. bottle of Halo's Tribecca (tobacco flavor) liquid. It does taste better with a titch of nicotine though....too sweet otherwise..

Ok....so, is my profile picture of me visible?? (Where I'm standing alone in it??)
I can't see it at all..

Last edited:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
If you are using top coil clearomizers, you have to do the tilty thing every once in a while to keep your wicks wet. Burnt hits are so gross by the way. Yucky!

I started with the Halo G6 but was going through way too many batteries per day, so I switched to an eGo styled system pretty quickly. The form factor of the small devices is nice, but the functionality and increased performance of an eGo device is great.

Also, beware of random vendors selling e-juice. Unless you are making it yourself, I always go with a lab-made juice as I know their standards are generally higher.

Welcome to ECF!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
.....what would you call e-cigs that are more like regular cigarettes??

Around here: cig-a-likes

Anyway, glad your enjoying your experience. PG and VG both have antiseptic/antibacterial characteristics (like olive oil etc..) so it has the potential to ward of lung issues cause by air-born pathogens. Wild right?

TTerri

Oct 15, 2013
Northwest AR, USA
Hey RubyRoo!
Thanks SO much!! That info. was great! You guys are really helping me to get the feel of it. The first time I got a mega-BURNED hit, I thought I torched my battery!! That was on the U-Turn (variable wattage) with a clearomizer! I'm like.....YEE--III--EEE!!!!! I think I torched the wick! Now I know what people have been talking about with 're-building' their thing!
I can KICK myself!! I'm not normally like this, but the other day I was driving in a really 'colorful trees' area and I was taking a video while driving....and took my Halo G6 shortie with an extra long Halo cartomizer attached and put it in my lap, and I guess I'd forgotten about it because when I got out, I think it dumped out of my lap on the ground (I had a casual dress on.) I THOUGHT I heard something lightly hit the ground, quickly looked under car and thought....nah....nothing dropped. But I can't find that dude now! But I've got 2 other long purple Halo batteries. But yeah, I see what you mean--seems like they don't last long at all. I'm crazy but, I don't like any manual push button jobs....I like to type and vape at the same time! So, I've usually got one hanging in my teeth!! hehe...
Sorry I'm rambling on so much! (I'm Italian!) ;)

TTerri

Oct 15, 2013
Northwest AR, USA
Jay-dub....YES!!
I had the weirdest thing happen lately....I'd gotten an upper resp. infection, and garbage behind nose....getting really gross, but I thought I'd try to let more vapor into my nasal area....and guess what!! It eventually went away!! It was almost to the point of my needing antibiotics, but the vaping removed the infection!! WoWZa!!

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Welcome to the forum, TTerri! So glad you are enjoying vaping! I feel no guilt in vaping. I only felt quilty when I smoked, which was for 30 years. I no longer have post nasal drip and have to use my prescription nasal sprays, which never seemed to help me anyways. I haven't used them in about 2 years now. So absolutely NOT, I have no guilt about it at all. I've been doing the happy dance ever since I started vaping! :rickroll:

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Anyway, glad your enjoying your experience. PG and VG both have antiseptic/antibacterial characteristics (like olive oil etc..) so it has the potential to ward of lung issues cause by air-born pathogens. Wild right?

I knew VG had such properties, but is there some study that validates or inclines such a statement? Very interesting indeed.

Hey guys...
I guess I can't just get my MIND around the fact that this is mostly WATER VAPOR!! What am I missing here??:blush:

Somewhat true. I am not quite sure if the same can be said for PG (Propylene Glycol) I know that VG (Vegetable Glycerin) is metabolized into H20 and C02. Here's some light reading on a study done with VG when inhaled through an atomizer: Safety of VG when inhaled through an e-cig

E-liquid, however, does contain more than just VG. Nicotine if you have it. Flavorings. The last one is probably the most questionable, and as such, the quality and safety of the liquid you use can only be weighed by the professionals and tools/labs they create it in. I wouldn't recommend buying juice on eBay. Not only does eBay not allow such sales, but you have absolutely no way of knowing what you are vaping.

Check out: Velvet Cloud Vapor They make organic juices (using natural flavoring) and even put an ingredient list on their bottles! I'm enjoying some of their Nutty Cookie right now!

P.S. That Vapage U-Turn is indeed an eGo Twist / Vision Spinner. Just another variant of the same thing. They're easily one of the most popular and highly recommended devices for vaping.

Vape well, vape often :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread