Superglue question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Next time, you can thinly apply the superglue and then sprinkle baking soda on it and the superglue will cure immediately and form a very durable plastic (acrylic) that can be sanded and painted and is chemical resistant.
I've repaired gas cans with it, lol.

Wear gloves when doing so and don't touch it for a couple of minutes. There's an exothermic reaction (heat) taking place.

See, I'm not just a pretty face.
I'se got sum of them thar smarts an stuf. :rolleyes:

Didn't know whether to go with 'informative' or useful, but that's practical and easy to remember.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My stepdad coated a scorpion in gorilla glue that was about the size of my hand that was terrorizing me that my mom and kid killed (yeah, they BOTH have more fortitude than me, and my kiddo was like seven) but they chased it around giggling with a can of raid apparently (I remained inside) and it still "lives on" today, and that was 12 years ago. I tried to get the kid to take it with him when he went, but he didn't. Unfortunately that's the kind of thing you "save" for when your kids have kids, but it did convince me of the powers of gorilla glue.

I am thinking the mod will probably be okay or at least no worse than it might otherwise be.

Anna

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
can we all just stop, breath deeply, and agree that smok mods have always had issues? they're of the top 3 manufacturers in our game that DON'T listen to reviewers, they DON'T pay attention to the little things, and every mod they release has either annoying little issues or infuriating big issues. we're talking about the company that sells us mods with spelling errors in the menu system. the company that sold mechanical mods without vent holes... then accepted vendor stock returns & then resold the same mods with vent holes that ripped the casings off our batteries. the company that gave us aluminum 510 threads... I could go on?

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
ok, thanks! will try
Welcome and glad you joined.
If the mod functions properly, you should be fine. I would just check what been said with regards to the battery in the following article:
re: Vaping 101: Battery Safety
For a personal custom response to a reply, you can click "like" (the thumbs up) icon,or other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post or previous posts. This action will notify the poster of your chosen noted response.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread