The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Supplemental Toy for Smokers

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by strayling, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle, USA
    Yep, and I think you hit the right note to make her interested instead of automatically hostile.

*polite diplomatic applause*

2. Walrus

Walrus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I tend to think of my batteries as *necessary* resources.

3. Johnsky

Johnsky Full Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Sweet, I've been looking for a source of mercury for one of my experiments... seeing as I believe everything that gets written, I should have all the mercury I want from my old laptops lithium-ion battery. (sarcasm)

Thanks for correcting me, my understanding of physics and training as a robotics engineering technician was clearly completely wrong.

... lol.

4. tribalmasters

tribalmasters Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hehehehe the replies to that article say it all!

5. Johnsky

Johnsky Full Member

Mar 9, 2009
    lol, that reply in spanish, though I don't know a lick of it, I can imagine what "estúpidos" means... and that could pretty much sum it up right there.

Oh... no wait... later he says "total estúpida"... yeah, that might be the best sum.

Now that I think of it, perhaps my response was a little harsh...

No... this is the professional world. You have to be held accountable for blatant ignorance. I wouldn't be able to get away with that level of ignorance in the robotics field... the same standards should apply to her as well.

If I were ever to display that level of incompetence in my field, I wouldn't be where I am today.

6. MisterPuck

MisterPuck Senior Member ECF Veteran

While I love how you went about this, the writer in me cringes at the number of time the word article is used in the first paragraph. Other than that, good show.

7. DCrist721

DCrist721 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Oh wow, I should have read this thing over. I'm going to blame it on the painkillers severely clouding my mind, because all my college professors have told me to become an English Major.:oops:
    Normally I'm very good with varying word usage, and I'm always picking on my girlfriend about it in her accounting papers, and now look at me. :confused:
    About to go to acupuncture now, whoo-hoo! Actually, my appointment is in 5 minutes at a hospital 30 minutes away. Shiiiittt....

Edit: 2 minutes now. Wait, ... am I still doing at the computer??

8. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Great job Dan, I like the "fellow student" angle. Classic. I'm afraid this is only the beginning of articles like this from uninformed people looking for what they think will be an easy target for their biased commentary.

9. jamie

jamie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 3, 2008
    USA
    Agree, very nice tone in that email. :)

I do wonder about your statement on recycling... the info I find on general battery recycling in China doesn't appear supportive of your comment. Do you have a source?

10. DCrist721

DCrist721 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I doubt that they do much about battery recycling in China, however the companies I was talking about are the ones that provide warranties, the one which have facilities in the US (be it a secondary factory, a warehouse, or just a ****load of boxes in someones basement). As an individual one can discard all the dangerous and toxic crap that they want without much trouble unfortunately, however companies are forced to take care of these products by the government, and recycling them is the cheapest way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.