Supplier for SLB KGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martini

Jul 14, 2011
New Jersey
As it's my first post, I would like to first say hello to everyone. I have been lurking here the last few weeks, and soaking up any and all knowledge provided by you wonderful folks. I wish I had known about such a resource when I first attempted unsuccessfully to switch to vaping two years back and made the mistake of purchasing an ecig from a mall kiosk.

I am looking to purchase the SLB KGO after seeing a great review by Grimm Green and hearing good things from others, but unfortunately it is backordered at Hoosier ecig. Does anyone know of another supplier that carries this specific model? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martini

Jul 14, 2011
New Jersey
I know nothing about this supplier
They seem to be in the US

Digital Vaper - EGO/KGO 1100 Starter Kit

Thank you very much Dormouse. I had also run across them as well but had not heard of them either. I also wanted to make sure it was the same KGO unit as I saw it elsewhere listed at another vendor and even phoned, but was told it was a Riva model and not by SLB. I guess I will keep looking or perhaps just choose another unit to purchase. Thanks again

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Martinin I don't know anything about the unit you mentioned but as I understand it the riva is a very good unit however if you decide to get a riva I reccommend buying it from Liberty Flights. I use an FS Ego I got from MYPVShop and am very happy with it... I also hear good things about the new echo which you can buy from cropduster...

All the best in your search,
Shannon

Martini

Jul 14, 2011
New Jersey
Martinin I don't know anything about the unit you mentioned but as I understand it the riva is a very good unit however if you decide to get a riva I reccommend buying it from Liberty Flights. I use an FS Ego I got from MYPVShop and am very happy with it... I also hear good things about the new echo which you can buy from cropduster...

All the best in your search,
Shannon

Hello Shannon. The fact that there are Riva models as well as SLB ones is the reason I am being so cautious. I know that the SLB one's apparently hit really well, coming off the charger at around 4 volts and providing a solid 3.7 throughout charge. I am not aware that the other ones provide this same performance. The place I know for sure sells the one I am looking for is backordered, and I guess I am a wee bit impatient. Sighs....I guess the search continues. I will take a look at the Echo again though. Thanks for your help!

Kirwin

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
Central Florida
Hello Shannon. The fact that there are Riva models as well as SLB ones is the reason I am being so cautious. I know that the SLB one's apparently hit really well, coming off the charger at around 4 volts and providing a solid 3.7 throughout charge. I am not aware that the other ones provide this same performance. The place I know for sure sells the one I am looking for is backordered, and I guess I am a wee bit impatient. Sighs....I guess the search continues. I will take a look at the Echo again though. Thanks for your help!

I'm holding out too for an SLB/KGO. Just waitin' for HoosierEcig to get them in. Already have my ego mega dual coil cartomizers from Madvapes which are getting fantastic reviews.

I know in the end it will be worth the wait!:vapor:

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I am so sorry I didn't order this.
I think they get them in in small batches, but often. Two weeks ago I was on their site - it said there were 6 in-stock, I waffled, and they were gone. Then a week ago I put one on back-order - initially the site said expected arrival (to them) was the 18th, pushed that to the 23rd, but it ended up shipping (to me) today the 21st.
So I think if you want one your patience won't be tested too much.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Looks like they have stock. You still can order one. Be sure to look for the coupon code on the home page for an additional 5% off. Brought down my KGO to $42.74 before shipping. Heck of a deal!

I ordered a kit from Mad Vapes and I'm sort of sorry I did. I'm having battery/connection issues. I know there's a fix but you sort of want something that works when you get it.

Kirwin

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
Central Florida
I ordered a kit from Mad Vapes and I'm sort of sorry I did. I'm having battery/connection issues. I know there's a fix but you sort of want something that works when you get it.

Did you happen to see the video on how to adjust the connection post on the EMDCC thread? It looks like a fairly easy 'fix'.

From what I read on the EMDCC thread... I'll probably have to adjust the cartomizers so they make contact with the battery. I'll jus' have to wait and see. The main reason I wanted the KGO is because of it's ability of maintaining 3.7 - 3.8 volts providing a warm, flavorful vape!

Last edited:

Kirwin

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2011
Central Florida
That's what I thought. They sent me a link to adjust the battery. I'm wondering if I have to do this all the time. I'm beyond annoyed.

Yeah, you can adjust the battery also to resolve this issue, but you have to be careful or you could ruin the battery. I would rather adjust the EMDCC just in case I screw up.

Hopefully the manufacturer will correct this qc issue with the next batch of EMDCC's.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Yeah, you can adjust the battery also to resolve this issue, but you have to be careful or you could ruin the battery. I would rather adjust the EMDCC just in case I screw up.

Hopefully the manufacturer will correct this qc issue with the next batch of EMDCC's.

The EMDCC's work just fine on my joye batteries. And Riva batteries. So I tend to think it's the batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread