Surprise! Another noob with questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrtim

Jan 25, 2012
Austin, tx
Hello fellow ECFers. I stumbled acrossthis forum a few days ago and this is my first post.

Being a complete newbie to vaping, Iwas thrilled to find a site dedicated to it.

So, thanks to the admins, moderators,techs, and contributors that keep this place running.

My son started vaping a few weeks agoso he could cut down on the analogs and be able to “smoke” in hisoffice.

His starting choice was the AwesomeVapor eGo-T.
He generously gave me the extra unit,charged and fully loaded.

I have been experimenting with it for acouple of days now and find that I enjoy it. I also think that havingmy own with all the goodies, I could walk away from the analogs forgood. That's my goal.

What I would like to know is, how doyou use yours? Do you just have a couple of hits when you feel theurge? Or, do you “smoke” it for several minutes as you would ananalog?

Since I am a heavy smoker, I'm unsurewhat the right set up would be for me.

I think I want a unit that produces alot of vapor, has a “real tobacco” throat hit, and is relativelyeasy to use.

Seeing as how I've just started out onthis journey, I'm afraid that an avalanche of info about mods, batteries, voltages, resistance, and tweaks made from unobtainiumwould just fly over my head.

I guess what I'm looking for is a goodstarter system that is capable of future upgrades and mods as Ifigure out what will work best for me.

Thanks again for the informationresource and any info will be greatly appreciated

Tim

"Don't make the same mistakes I did – go out a make NEW mistakes, and then learn from them."

Encourager

Feb 5, 2012
So. Dakota
Hi Tim, glad you joined the forum. I'm new too and have been vaping about a month. You're right about all the accessories and types being mind boggling.

Even though I started with a Joye 510 starter kit, I ended up getting an Ego T type B which is a Mega Tank Ego T. I love it for home or travel vaping, but it's kind of big for me to be taking out in public. For a guy it would be okay though. I bought it from Vapor Kings.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I have my PV's stuck to my face all the time except when I'm sleeping. As for a "real tobacco TH", good luck. Unfortunately, you aren't going to find a tobacco juice that tastes exactly like a burning cigarette. There are some that are close but not identical. TH comes from the amount of nicotine...the higher the mg, the stronger the hit. There is a downfall also, too much nic can/will make you feel sick. Listen to your body and get the appropriate mg to suit YOU. Also drink plenty of water. Vaping is dehydrating.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There are actually juices that provide tobacco satisfaction with flavor better than a cigarette, IMO. Hairball spoke truth in saying that there's no ecig or juice that is just like a cigarette. What you will find over time is that vaping is different, but not identical. Smoke particles and vapor mist are two different things and there's no burning paper involved in an ecig.

I'd recommend that you try Smoketech dual coil cartomizers for a good experience that is close to a cigarette. The dual coil atomizer has two low resistance coils that provide good atomization of the juice and some of the best taste you will find for an eGo style ecig.

Boge 2.0 cartos are another option that will provide satisfying vapes.

Tobacco has an ingredient that is responsible for some of the addiction and a sense of well being when you smoke. The link below talks to that aspect and you will find it an interesting perspective on tobacco addiction.
This is your brain on nicotine

Last edited:

CCC

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Australia
I would suggest getting your own eGo-t starter kit, also get some different kinds of cartomizers to try, any with a 510 thread size will fit on the eGo batteries.

Also you will need to experiment with flavours and nicotine strength. I would suggest getting a few 5ml samples of different flavours including tobacco, fruits, and other sweet bakery kinds, even though you may think you will only like tobacco, many of us have found we prefer other things. A good place to start with nic strength is 18mg, have some higher than that for stressful times or drinking times, and some lower than that for mindless chain vaping times like sitting at your computer.

You will probably notice you are vaping more often than you were smoking because the e-cig wont make you feel sick if you chain vape on at the right strength, and the nic is absorbed into your body differently to a cigarette.

bigtiime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Virginia
Hello Tim and welcome! Jerry Garcia said it best my friend. "What a long strange trip it's been". And certainly will be. As you travel the road you're on it'll be full of bumps and potholes. You've started on your way to a place that is new and very exciting.

Since you're somewhat familiar with the EGO type PV that will give you a better idea of many of the PVs that might be suggested to you as a place to start. Whatever the name of the device many will be some form of the EGO style battery. You'll be confused by the numarical differences such as 510 or 808. This is simply the threading used to connect the atomizer or cartomizer to the battery nothing more. It's a standard that is used to determine what will screw onto your battery tube.

Vaping is certainly not smoking. There are a different set of rules and routines that we develop to be as comfortable with our PVs as we were with analogs. This will come to you in time. Yes, there is a lot of trial and error as vaping is still in it's infancy. That is the reason there is such a varity of devices and also why most of us are here.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Well, since you are a heavy smoker, who is looking for a very satisfying throat hit, I would suggest another big batt PV with a xl cartomizer set up. Something like a Ego 1100mah battery and SmokTech Mega Dual Cartomizer with 5ml juice capacity ... that should keep you going all day. FYI, there are a ton of cartomizers and tanks to choose, so the above is just a solid recommendation to get you started.

As a Heavy smoker you will prolly want a nic juice in the neighborhood of 18-24mg for those stronger nic cravings, but I also suggest keeping some low to no nic juice on hand for the sake of balance, and preventing a nic coma. 18-24 mg per ml of fluid is alot of nicotine to vape constantly, and because you are a heavy smoker, you will also probably be an all day, constant vaper .... at least to start.

I vape way more than I ever smoked, and I find that this is a trend throughout the vaping community .... which is understandable because e juice can taste so darn good!

hrtim

Jan 25, 2012
Austin, tx
Wow!! Thanks for all the responses folks.I really appreciate the advice.
There seems to not only be a fairly steep learning curve, but a good deal of experimentation involved as well.
I am a firm believer in purchasing the best tools for the job and I'm just trying to figure out what they may be for this one.
So, as far as I can determine, I need a larger tank and higher battery capacity to start.

Since my goal is to put down the analogs and reduce my nic habit over time, I can modify or replace some of the equipment as needed

Is this correct?

Thanks again for the welcome and the responses.

Tim

just remember everyone is different i use 24mg nic in all my juice and i use a higher voltage. when i use lower then 24mg nic i vape way more then when i use 24mg and i would recomend trying different carts and see what you like best. i do know that it can be expensive but i will tell you this i have regained almost all my lung function that was lost due to smoking i am at about 95% i was down to 50%... so it is way healthier then smoking and what i think is the best thing is that you can taste and smell so so so so so much better... and remember there is always some one here to help u

Astronomer

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Modesto Ca
It has been a long long time since I posted on these forums

But I have been Vaping away for quite a while now.

E-Cigs are a learning process.

I started with the eGo-T

That got me off of smoking

Then I tried LR atomizers with my eGo-T and I loved them, but I was not satisfied with the hits, or the inconsistency, or the leaking that often occurred with the tank system.

So one day I decided to try Low Resistance Cylinder atomizers ( type B ) and mega Cartridges ( type b ) and fell in love with them, and have been using them to this day. Good strong hits every time… easy to fill, holds a lot of juice.

Until I got a note from my usual vendor that they are discontinuing the cylinder atomizers and mega cartridges due to poor sales. ( hmmm was my wife and I the only ones? )

So today I ordered eGo-Mega dual coil cartomizers ( I think they are smoke tech ) that hold like 4.5ml of juice ( even more than what I use now )…. We will see how that goes.

It is a learning process, as you find what works for you.

But I do recommend the eGo in general, very standard, good size batteries ( we generally use the 900 and 1000 mah batteries ), I recommend LR ( low resistance ) Atomizers.

The really good news is that you are in the right place, people here are helpful, and enthusiastic, you will get more help than you ask for… which is a good thing.

( p.s. I was a pack and a half a day smoker, I started with 24mg juice, after 2 weeks I had zero desire for a cigarette, a month after that I dropped to 16mg nic, and 4 months after that to 8mg which is what we use now )

Last edited:

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
Hello fellow ECFers. I stumbled acrossthis forum a few days ago and this is my first post.

Being a complete newbie to vaping, Iwas thrilled to find a site dedicated to it.

So, thanks to the admins, moderators,techs, and contributors that keep this place running.

My son started vaping a few weeks agoso he could cut down on the analogs and be able to “smoke” in hisoffice.

His starting choice was the AwesomeVapor eGo-T.
He generously gave me the extra unit,charged and fully loaded.

I have been experimenting with it for acouple of days now and find that I enjoy it. I also think that havingmy own with all the goodies, I could walk away from the analogs forgood. That's my goal.

What I would like to know is, how doyou use yours? Do you just have a couple of hits when you feel theurge? Or, do you “smoke” it for several minutes as you would ananalog?

Since I am a heavy smoker, I'm unsurewhat the right set up would be for me.

I think I want a unit that produces alot of vapor, has a “real tobacco” throat hit, and is relativelyeasy to use.

Seeing as how I've just started out onthis journey, I'm afraid that an avalanche of info about mods, batteries, voltages, resistance, and tweaks made from unobtainiumwould just fly over my head.

I guess what I'm looking for is a goodstarter system that is capable of future upgrades and mods as Ifigure out what will work best for me.

Thanks again for the informationresource and any info will be greatly appreciated

Tim

"Don't make the same mistakes I did – go out a make NEW mistakes, and then learn from them."

Most people will tend not to vape like a normal cigarette. Alot of people will vape constantly throughout the day (unless they are at work and maybe restricted.) I used to smoke 10-15 a day and when i first started vaping i was vaping once every half an hour vaping for 10 minutes each time. You usually know when to stop when you can tell your nicotine level has it its most and you know you dont want any more.

In terms of the right piece of kit being right for you, maybe try a 510 or DSE901-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread