Status
Not open for further replies.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I enjoyed my cigarettes for fifty years & had no intention of quitting, but purchased an eGo kit only to supplement my desire when burning tobacco was impossible.

On the way home from the vapor shop I played with my new toy, played it again at home, & when I went to bed I realized I hadn't smoked a cigarette in about 10 hours. I never tried to quit smoking. I never made a commitment to quit smoking. It just seemed happen because I preferred to vape!

It's been over a week & still I have no desire for a cigarette, but already own 2 eGos, 1 istick, & have ordered an eGrip from Cignot.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I too had not planned to quit. Had tried and quit several times over the 35 or so years I smoked. wife unit got me an overpriced cigalike kit the first of the year. I scratched my head a bit and decided to try it since she got it for me. Seemed ok, not great. then I went online and started learing about them. Found I could refill the cartomizers and not have to buy the prefilled ones for a very high price. And other flavors??? Hmm within a week I had smoked my last cigarette. Ordered more cartos, got some juice, etc. Moved up to little clearomizers that would fit on the 808 batteries. Got bigger 808 batteries and slightly bigger clearos. Started making my own juice. Moved up to Evods on Ego batteries. Next is a 500watt mod and a 1 pint capacity RBA I suppose....

Reactions: DavidOck

Anthony71688

Mar 30, 2015
Webster ma
I started vaping February 12th this year and haven't touched a cigarette since and the very next day I threw my cigs out my truck window on the way to work the next morning and it was pretty damn easy to throw them out. I have to say though I have bought so many tanks and mods since then it's crazy. Since then I've bought the I stick 20w with the iclear 30s was working at first but wanted more power so then I bought the istick 50w with the melo tank didn't care for that so I bought the Atlantis didn't care for that either then bought the subtank mini. Was loving the subtank mini but started getting dry hits no matter what I did so then I said whatever and bought a vaporshark rdna 40 and now no more dry hits:banana:i also have a lemo 2 coming in the mail. I'm addicted to toys I guess but at the same time it's kind of trial and error

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
it seems to me that easiest way to avoid cigarettes is to begin vaping as a suplement of smoking. Not a way to give up smoking. I was a heavy smoker too, after 40+ years of hand Rolling, I had begun to be breathless when I walked a while. Ihad no intention to give up smoking. I liked it. But I had to do something. So I decided to try vaping. I would have my morning tea and cigarettes ceremony every morning and after that I would use e-cigarettes. But after my very first inhale I noticed that there was no need to smoke when there is this device and liquid. Now after 2 years I dont remember what was smoking like .

Chris Zhang

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
Roswell, GA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma
I was a pipe smoker.Recently purchased a V2 Ecigs shisha outfit.This seemed the cheapest way to get started.I am using the E liquid that came with the kit.Always open to suggestions from others partic ex pipe smokers.Great to hear your all so + about it!

i smoked pipe along with ciggys for many years
I started with a T3s tank and tobacco flavored juice that helped me stop after about 3 weeks
Then I switched to fruit juices and candy flavored
Now I have over a hundred pipes and close to 50 lbs of tobacco sitting here I dont even want to use

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.
I too had not planned to quit. Had tried and quit several times over the 35 or so years I smoked. wife unit got me an overpriced cigalike kit the first of the year. I scratched my head a bit and decided to try it since she got it for me. Seemed ok, not great. then I went online and started learing about them. Found I could refill the cartomizers and not have to buy the prefilled ones for a very high price. And other flavors??? Hmm within a week I had smoked my last cigarette. Ordered more cartos, got some juice, etc. Moved up to little clearomizers that would fit on the 808 batteries. Got bigger 808 batteries and slightly bigger clearos. Started making my own juice. Moved up to Evods on Ego batteries. Next is a 500watt mod and a 1 pint capacity RBA I suppose....
Why all the Watts,something I will never figure out,smoking is smoking,now its high wattage,go figure,I like vapeing,wattage is a non issue.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
Going from cigarettes to vaping was fairly easy for me also, although it's been just over a month since my last one, I'm digging vaping and don't miss the them at all.

The key to it, atleast for me, was more the gear as opposed to the juice.
I tried several other types over the past year and a half (Blu, V2, and a cheap pencil type) and none of them inspired me to vape, it just seemed like a novelty, so I smoked.

Then I got the 50w I-stick with the mini Subtank and it was game on, as it felt like I was smoking and it tasted pretty darn good too.

Since then, my last partial pack of cigarettes has sat in plain view, untouched and unwanted. I vape now.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
I enjoyed my cigarettes for fifty years & had no intention of quitting, but purchased an eGo kit only to supplement my desire when burning tobacco was impossible.

On the way home from the vapor shop I played with my new toy, played it again at home, & when I went to bed I realized I hadn't smoked a cigarette in about 10 hours. I never tried to quit smoking. I never made a commitment to quit smoking. It just seemed happen because I preferred to vape!

It's been over a week & still I have no desire for a cigarette, but already own 2 eGos, 1 iStick, & have ordered an eGrip from Cignot.

it's a great feeling, ain't it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread