True test of Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just returned from a year in lovely Afghanistan, and didn't know how well my non smoking would hold up once that first taste of beer hit my mouth. After being home 2 weeks and drinking a years worth of missed alcohol, I am glad to say I have no desire to smoke a cigarette, my little 510-t has been getting used quite a bit more, but I couldn't be happier. Now that I am home I will have to upgrade to a nice house model vaporizer and use the 510-t for when I am on duty. What to get, what to get.....

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Witty,

Welcome home!
thumbsup.gif

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You could get Joye Ego (large version of 510) or Joye Ego-T (though many have issues with the tanks and switch to cartomizer, like most atomizer users do). Ego is 3.4.

Or go for something 3.7v - like the Riva 510 kits at Liberty-Flights.com (their stock is new 3.7v kits from the Riva manufacturer who makes the 3.7v ones now), and many like Kgo which I think is also 3.7v

Or go for a mod - there are so many. Then your batteries will be standard industrial protected Lithium Ion or AW IMR batteries. There's everything from $20 plastic box mods up to wood and metal mods as high as $200. One new simple mod is Bolt (see it at Madvapes, LiteCigUSA.net, probably at smoktek.com). You could look at variable voltage ones like Provari or the New Lava tube or its mini version, or plastic VV boxes (I recommend only ones with Evercool aka varicool circuit - smoktek.com has one). Check out the ecig mods database and if you see something you like come back here and research it to see if it has problems.

Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

And BTW if you were in the armed services, there is an armed services forum on ECF.

R.D.Sponge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2012
Athens, Greece
Mods are definitely a better option, but they're usually bigger than Ego batteries. The link that dormouse gave you is the best source for mods (although not recently updated).

Maybe you could try the Ego-W atomizer, if you like warm vape. I've used it for a few weeks, with no problems at all.

The point is that you seem determined to quit smoking for good, so I'm sure you'll find what's best for you real soon.

Hmm, can't really make any recommendations before any suggestions can be made, whats your vapeing budget? Do you want a PT or a battery? VV? or is 3.7 ok?

WELCOME HOME! :party:
My budget would be around 200 I think. I want something that has a good battery life, I want to go a full day without having to change batteries, no PT, because even when I am home I am all over the house, garage, and outside, 3.7 would be ok becuase I don't have any expeirence with VV and won't know what I am missing. I have a 510-t now and like the idea of a tank, I think I would like to stick with that idea but a larger tank, something like a lava tank, or bottom feeder. All I have right now is what came with my joye 510-t kit, and its hard to find something new becuase I don't really know what works with what outside of what I have. I would like to thank everyone for welcoming me back also. Thank you.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
With $200 to spend, you can jump on the Provari and bypass all the cheaper alternatives. That assumes you don't mind a larger piece of vaping hardware. Variable voltage is the key to satisfaction and you can go for a long time on a Provari battery, probably more than one day, even with low high battery drain.

BeadyKate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
Eastern WA
Welcome Home! Thank you for serving. Good job staying away from cigs in the military. They are abundant there. As far as an e cig upgrade. The Reo Grand sounds like it might work for you. Bottom feeder. I use a Reo Mini, have to change the batteries often. But I vape alot. They say the Reo Grand lasts a bit longer, bigger battery. Also it uses a 6mil bottle, instead of a 3 mil. Whatever you choose, hope your happy with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread