Status
Not open for further replies.

00gt1

VapeMeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Dunno what came over me, just decided to pick up the old greensmoke batteries and filled up a madvapes carto with some swedish fish and BAM!! Flavor city. I forgot how much I liked cartos. I left them behind when i gave up cigalikes for clearos and dripping but man o man.... the flavor. It's like dripping without the work!! Funny how things go around like that, I went from cigalike to ego to VV/VW to mech mods, and now I'm back to cigalikes with cartos :D. I guess you just have to switch it up sometimes :vapor:.

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
If you like cartomizers a lot (as I do), I think it would be well worth it to check out a cartotank to use on your mods. I've used an IbTanked pyrex tank and Boge LR Cartos for the last 9 months and still love them more than any of the clearomizers that I've tried. Used them on both an original MVP and now on a mech, and find that with most flavors (50/50 vg/pg) they really shine between 8 and 9 watts.

It's important to use what you like and what keeps you off the analogs, even if it isn't the "latest and greatest". :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Dunno what came over me, just decided to pick up the old greensmoke batteries and filled up a madvapes carto with some swedish fish and BAM!! Flavor city. I forgot how much I liked cartos. I left them behind when i gave up cigalikes for clearos and dripping but man o man.... the flavor. It's like dripping without the work!! Funny how things go around like that, I went from cigalike to ego to VV/VW to mech mods, and now I'm back to cigalikes with cartos :D. I guess you just have to switch it up sometimes :vapor:.

I agree, to me cartos are kinda like dripping in slow motion. :D I use them a lot; got a nice smok UDCT that is dedicated to Blueberry Muffin, and I keep some Long Bottom Leaf Pipe Sauce in a plain tank-less carto, to vape at night with my hot cocoa. I also like to use them if I want to get to know a flavor, decide if I like it or not, without having to invest in a whole tankful that might have to get dumped if I decide ixnay. Got some Halo Voodoo in one right now, and it still hasn't redeemed itself.

I usually just put my plain cartos on one of my vv3s or my ARO Winder or this little non-variable ego I keep around for "just in case." My gun-metal UDCT lives on my gun-metal (black chrome) Vamo V2, looking quite elegant with a gun-metal ming driptip. ;)

Andria

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I just fill the rubber caps almost full of eliquid and put the carto in there slowly until it absorbs it all. Sometimes a half hour, sometimes overnite.

Start vaping @ a very low temp for a bit. If you get a bit of a burnt taste, take some dry pulls or drip into carto. Once burnt badly, it's trash.

Heavy sweet dark liquids are best in Smoketech's, altho Boges are fine most times. Surevapes has great prices.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    Can I ask what you use to punch your cartos with? And I am curious (only cuz im nosey:)) as to whay you prefer 100% vg?
    Also, you may want to punch another hole or two in the cart if you use thick juice. I use 100% VG (super thick) and I make two big holes and two smaller holes in each of my cartos. Super easy, super tasty, super inexpensive.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2012
    Back on the Moon
    V2 Cartomizer Punch - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks
    Here the punch I use. Well, the 100% VG is due to my wife's allergy. But, I loooooove the vapor production. Lastly, it is downright tasty and it keeps my bride in the clouds! Here's a shot her enjoying a 3.2 ohm carto with a 5v Saber Touch:
    J-95.06t.jpg

Enjoy those cartos!! :)

vjdossey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    Whoa!!! I don't get that much vapor... looks like I'm going to order some higher ohm cartos and give em a shot... I've heard vg produces more vapor, but I've heard you loose flavor with more vg... you keep saying how yummy it is. Guess I'll have to try it out myself! :) thanks for all the info ;)
    V2 Cartomizer Punch - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks
    Here the punch I use. Well, the 100% VG is due to my wife's allergy. But, I loooooove the vapor production. Lastly, it is downright tasty and it keeps my bride in the clouds! Here's a shot her enjoying a 3.2 ohm carto with a 5v Saber Touch:
    View attachment 376739

Enjoy those cartos!! :)

AceCC

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2012
    Back on the Moon
    Yeah, we make our own juice with cinnamon and peppermint so the flavor really shines through. If you do go up to a higher ohm cart (like 2.8 or 3.0) make sure you have enough power from your device. We use 5 volts and it is really a nice combination with the 3.2 ohm cartos. Massive clouds but no burning/scorching the cartos. I think your MVP is adjustable so pump up the voltage and pump out the clouds!!

Happy vaping, vj!

vjdossey

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    Yea I can use my mvp or my svd
    svd. Did you say you use single or dual coil when using higher ohms? Would be nice to get some use outta the wattage settings, lol. I use low res so I tend to keep the watts down pretty low :-/ can't wait to try it. Question: if I did add a punch to my carto and added it up higher than the standard holes- would it bother the wicking after juice got below my extra hole? I'd like to try a higher ratio of vg but my punching skills are not great. When I pull the carto down to fill my tank juice leaks out because the cart is no longer perfectly round...
    Yeah, we make our own juice with cinnamon and peppermint so the flavor really shines through. If you do go up to a higher ohm cart (like 2.8 or 3.0) make sure you have enough power from your device. We use 5 volts and it is really a nice combination with the 3.2 ohm cartos. Massive clouds but no burning/scorching the cartos. I think your MVP is adjustable so pump up the voltage and pump out the clouds!!

Happy vaping, vj!

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    VJ- I found that the carto deforming comes usually from continuing to punch well after the hole is there. With mine I just go a bit past the Pop sound. Or your punch is dull.

You can fit 4 holes in the same level of the carto, if you can keep from denting. There are also the new Slotted Boges for VG users.

Or, just dilute the VG a little with some D-water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread