Switching to salts looking for pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bignoogz

Aug 1, 2018
Hi there, a lil background I've been an analog smoker for 15yrs. Past 4-5 years been trying to go to vape fulltime have done it for months here and there but always go back. I enjoy the cloud chasing aspect and hobby side of vaping. I went straight to sub ohm and diy juice right away it was what I enjoyed most. Now I want to go back to vaping but I can't seem to get the nic fix unless the mod is attached to my face all day and with work we all know that's not possible. So I decided to pick up a Juul and over all love it at work. But I dont get the cloud or the flavor I love so much. So my home mod is a sigelei fuchai squonk with digiflavor drop bottomfeed rda. I diy my juice but don't like the throat/taste of anything over 3mg I understand this is mostly due to it being an rda but none the less. So now to my question I mix my juice with 100mg freebase nic at 3mg so i was wondering if I was to get 100mg nic salt and wanted to bump the juice to 9mg would I use the same calculation as freebase? This is the confusion I get I've always made my juice this way but in a 100ml batch to go 9mg with a 100mg base ur adding 9% of the total being ur nic base the juul states 5% which is from what I read 50mg am I gonna give myself nic sickness? Or am I reading into this all wrong?

Reactions: stols001

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’ve not used salts yet, although I’m interested. From what I’m reading here, you use salts the same way as freebase. The reason pods use such high nic is because they put off so little vapor. 50mg/ml would certainly be far too much in an RDA.

Personally, I’d like to mix the two, because I like the flavor of nic at around 3-6 mg, but I need more nic. Even 9 mg is a bit too spicy for me in a sub ohm or RTA, and I can’t seem to get enough vapor or nic from my mtl atty

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Use Nicotine Salt at the same way you would use freebase nic. The main benefit of salt nic is getting rid of the throat hit that can be harsh with freebase nic.

You would calculate it the same way you do other nic. 100 MG/ML is 100 MG/ML not matter the base or type of nic. I use Salt Nic at 4 MG myself but there is no problem with 9 MG if that is what you like.

How much nicotine to use can be more a matter of how much vapor the device you use produces. JUUL is 50 MG but low volume of vapor. A JUUL pod is 0.7 ML of ejuice. You wouldn't want 50 MG in a subohm tank though.

If you want to increase, I would mix 6 MG first. You can always bump it up if not enough

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd agree on moving slowly with nic salts, although using them the way you are describing (combining with freebase) is entirely and totally fine. If you are using a Juul during the day it's not so surprising that you may want higher nic levels in some of your sub0hm setups so they are not constantly attached to your face (some of that is nic based, some of that is mental) when I'm active and busy during the day, I just sort of naturally vape less.

Just use a juice calculator to figure out how much salts you need to get to your target, and increasing to 6 is reasonable, it's certainly not hard to then increase to 7.5 even, before you get to 9. Just do it with one test juice and try it at various levels and that should give you an idea of the amount you are looking for, etc.

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread