Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I had my eye on another boro style AIO called the Suicide mods Stubby AIO. I missed out on the first run and they were gone in hours anyway. Second run came out 2 months later which was yesterday at VaperzCloud. Suicide mods (UK) should get their shipment soon. You had to be fast since they were all sold out in 3 hours. Board has a 3 year warranty too and uses screws instead of solder to make connections.
Love my Stubby,great little mods.I got my first one in a trade deal,and liked it enough I grabbed a 2nd one from Suicide mods a week or so ago,should have it early next week.
20221030_132631.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
OMG! My two Stubby AIO arrived! Only 20g heavier than a Pulse AIO (acrylic plastic) and smaller in all dimensions except the thickness is just tad fatter by a mm or two. TC is fine running right on the money with a SS316L 0.15Ω mesh. Virtually everything is just fabulous! Even the buttons feel great. The build quality is just top notch. I can see those that has one loves them so much and they probably want more of them. While it is still early, but I believe I can say they are my favorite boro device ever!

I haven't popped the boxes open on any of the Stubby boros yet. So I have no idea if I like those or not.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I didn't care for the RDTA Boro that came with it, but then I've never really cared for any RDTA that I've ever tried. Running a Dope in it now:
I agree,not a big fan of the included Rdta.Flavor isn't too bad with it,but I use 70vg juice,and those steel cables are so long,that after about a half a tank,they struggle to keep juice up to the wick for me,so I sidelined it and use a Voltrove in my Stubby.When my second one gets here,I'll run a Ponte in that one,still runs the steel cables,but in a normal Boro size,so they keep up with my juice fine.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I'll run a Ponte in that one,still runs the steel cables,but in a normal Boro size,so they keep up with my juice fine.

Man! You have all of the cool things. I just found out about them a few days ago. So how do you like it? Funny that I haven't seen Orca sell mesh strips for it and I guess you have to find your own. What do you use? Wotofo Mesh?

Reactions: bsidb

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
I agree,not a big fan of the included Rdta.Flavor isn't too bad with it,but I use 70vg juice,and those steel cables are so long,that after about a half a tank,they struggle to keep juice up to the wick for me,so I sidelined it and use a Voltrove in my Stubby.When my second one gets here,I'll run a Ponte in that one,still runs the steel cables,but in a normal Boro size,so they keep up with my juice fine.
Yup - I MTL/RDL 80vg - the RDTA couldn't keep up.
Can you tell what my favorite Bridge is? lol
YlmwJRz.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
OMG! My two Stubby AIO arrived! Only 20g heavier than a Pulse AIO (acrylic plastic) and smaller in all dimensions except the thickness is just tad fatter by a mm or two. TC is fine running right on the money with a SS316L 0.15Ω mesh.

Ok, you can't trust TC on the Stubby. It isn't doing anything any different than power mode now. I do really like how the Stealth mode works though. Pressing the fire button keeps the screen off. Pressing up or down turns on the screen. Once the screen times out, it is back into Stealth mode again. Battery swap kicks it back into Normal mode once again.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: ShamrockPat

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Hi all.
I got a little problem.
I decided to clean the positive pin in mine BB the one for the vaporizers.
And even from felt, he squeezed and now my RBA does not work due to the fact that there is no contact.

Has anyone seen spare positive pins for sale?
Or is there some other solution?
I'm thinking your saying that your mod's positive contact is now a bit too low to make contact. Here is what I have done in the past. Place a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface. Push up the RBA just a bit so it doesn't make contact with the sand paper. Move the boro box back and forth on the sand paper to shorten the 4 legs on the bottom of it. Don't take too much off and try to keep things even.

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
Hi all.
I got a little problem.
I decided to clean the positive pin in mine BB the one for the vaporizers.
And even from felt, he squeezed and now my RBA does not work due to the fact that there is no contact.

Has anyone seen spare positive pins for sale?
Or is there some other solution?

In a pinch, I've folded up a tiny piece of Aluminum Foil and placed it to take up the gap.

Also, this Tutorial:

Slightly raise the positive pin with the silicone and let it dry that way.

Stuffy Guy

Nov 4, 2022
Is this on the BB itself? Or is this a bridge?
On the BB side.
If it was at the RBA, I wouldn't even bother :)

I'm thinking your saying that your mod's positive contact is now a bit too low to make contact. Here is what I have done in the past. Place a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface. Push up the RBA just a bit so it doesn't make contact with the sand paper. Move the boro box back and forth on the sand paper to shorten the 4 legs on the bottom of it. Don't take too much off and try to keep things even.
Yes, I also thought about it, but it will not solve the problem with RBAs that have their own tank.

In a pinch, I've folded up a tiny piece of Aluminum Foil and placed it to take up the gap.

Also, this Tutorial:

Slightly raise the positive pin with the silicone and let it dry that way.
An elegant and simple solution. Thank you.
At night, I decided to try soldering a little on top of the contact.
It helped, although I now think it is not very unhealthy to have lead solder in the place of heating and air intake.

Attachments

• photo_2022-11-05_14-12-50.jpg
    photo_2022-11-05_14-12-50.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 15
  • Informative
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Anybody have experiences with these two? If so, do you like them?

YFTK Replacement Negative Contact Set for SXK BB 60W / 70W / Billet Mod (5-Pack)
Negative Contact Set, 5-Pack / SKU: 9749393

EXO Wave Styled Drip Tip for SXK BB / Billet Box Mod Kit
EXO Wave Styled / SKU: 9758825

I have a few of those negative contacts,they are pretty nice,but they are a little difficult to get to if you have big fingers as they sit almost flush with the edge of the battery.
This type is much easier to get to,as the nubs that stick out come out just a bit past the battery,I haven't tried the SXK ones,but I have several of the authentics that these are based off of,
SXK Negative contact

I got the SXK ones just the other day. Thanks again they work very well.

Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread