SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cha82

Apr 24, 2013
United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm if the threads for the 510 adapter in the 2022 SXK Billet Box are quite blunt causing the adapter to be loose (when not fully tightened)? EDIT - just to be clear I mean the threads in the mod itself not on the adapter...

I just got one of these and really like it but the threads seem really shallow on the mod - it is fine when the 510 adapter is tightened but after one turn counter clockwise there is quite a lot of movement on the adapter from side to side - just wondering if this is normal?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: BillW50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I'm trying to set up my Steam Crave boro with dual SS430 Claptons. It works fine on my DNA75 and showing 0.17 0hms. When I put it into the Steam Crave AIO it reads0.09 ohms and says "shorted". I think a couple wraps are shorted on one of the coils. Also the 510 adapter is probably adding some resistance when on DNA75. Minimum resistance on the Steam Crave AIO is 0.1 ohms.
I'm at work now, will continue with it when I get home.

Attachments

• SS430 Claptons.jpg
    SS430 Claptons.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • big hitter.jpg
    big hitter.jpg
    964.2 KB · Views: 20

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I had ran out of twisted SS430 so I twisted up another 2 ft. section as I went thru a bunch of SS430 Claptons. I kept snapping off the legs of the Claptons when trying to align the coils. Postless deck and legs must be short. I have been using my twisted SS430 for over a week now with great success. Just now I did a dry burn and re-wicked it. Check out that last wrap on the far coil, it must be the end of the section that I twisted. I missed it till I looked at the picture or I would have replaced it. It will have to wait till next time as it seems to still work well.

Attachments

• SS430 twisted.jpg
    SS430 twisted.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 12

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Well I should have just left it as it was but the aspect of that far right wrap being a single strand of twisted wire was too much for me to bear so I pulled out the coil. It was two strands. But then I mangled it putting it back in so I replaced the one coil.....DUH
There's not much room above the coils as there is a shoulder on the edge of the chamber just dying to contant the coil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread