The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXK Billet box...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Fredman1, Mar 2, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I eventually went ahead and bought the whole caboodle that SXK makes. Took me a while to get there. I have to say the whole Billet box idea never really exited me. It all somehow suddenly changed recently. Now i'm thinking this will be just the thing for me. This is what I bought..
    The Billet box standard kit...
    The exocet...
    The vapeshell...
    The insider...
    The boxxer tank
    A spare boro tank...
    I'm eagerly wanting some comments on how people find these as there isn't many recent threads about it here.
    Any comments very much appreciated. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. drmarble

drmarble Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

There is a large billet box thread here: ~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The issue with old vape gear is it tended to be designed to different criteria. Doesn’t make the stuff worse but can make it quite different. I’m curious as well to see how you like the stuff. It will be interesting :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have an SXK DNA60... with all the bridges... and addons.

I flipped the screen so it matches an authentic, and I hid the USB port under the board with some electrical tape.

It's a clone with the same chipset, same performance, same materials, same aesthetic... and it cost over $400 CAD including taxes and shipping (for all the bridges, mod, and addons).

It's alright, but i'm glad I never went authentic.

Mine:
    yhbzudar8rh21.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Nah I scanned through that thread, but its all about the authentics. I'm spesifically interested in the SXK clones.
    Yeah that certainly never crossed my mind. SXK makes good enough stuff for me. I'm sure i'm going to be happy with them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  6. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I guess this is the only SXK Billet Box thread. That is nice, as we could really use one. Why Doug Dino at Billet Box Vapor never added the DNA60 USB port, I'll never know. Luckily SXK did on their BB clone about 6 months ago. I have the following (some are on order) for my SXK BBs.
    • x3 SXK Billet Box Rev4B DNA60 w/USB
    • x4 SXK Hellfire Exocet RTA
    • x6 SXK Boro Tank
    • x1 SXK DIY Coil Tool Kit (510 Bridge)
    • x3 SXK A-Tank
    • x3 Vaporesso Ceramic EUC Coil Head 0.5 w/Adapter (5-Pack)
    • x1 SXK Replacement Panel - Acrylic Clear Frosted
    • x1 SXK Replacement Panel - Honeycomb Black
    I'm new to Billet Boxes and I have been using them for about 2 weeks and I just love them. I hardly touch my drippers, squonkers, and tanks anymore. Although I am not impressed with the SXK RBA (Kanger RBA Mini clone). As that bridge (chimney) is too narrow and spins loose when you remove the key (drip tip holder). Which causes the chimney to come loose with juice in the tank. I haven't tried that Nautilus Bridge, but I am sure I have some old Nautilus coils around here.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    WoW and here I am thinking I got the whole caboodle :D
    Yeah I hope this thread grows well as there's much to learn and share about the Billet box system. I haven't received mine yet but I know i'm going to enjoy it. Can't wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Well I did it in 4 steps. Just getting basic setup and one Exocet and a spare tank and see how that went. Well I loved it so I ordered more. Now I am waiting on those Ceramic EUC coils that are supposed to be really good with the BB. Although you need that adapter and at least one A-Tank. You did get the Vapeshell, Insider, and the Boxxer which I skipped for now. But I am curious what you think of them.
    When do you expect them? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I only received my track number two days ago. Still haven't moved....so I guess i'm still in the druling stage :p
    I also eyed the EUC coils. Have good memories from them actually. I'll be very interested to know how it performs on the BB.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    One of my SXK BB came with a raised connection pin. I would press it down and it just popped back up again. Made it hard to insert and remove tanks.

IMG_0185.JPG

I could send it back to Canada where I bought it, or take it apart. Maybe I could get to it by the screen.

IMG_0192.JPG

Nope, no access there. Let's try the other side.

IMG_0194.JPG

It's just a wire soldered on a pin and just sits there. Rerouted the wire so it stays in place. All fixed. Here's the rest of the DNA60 board for the curious.

IMG_0195.JPG

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    If you try to use a Kanger RBA Mini with the Boro tank, you are going to run into this.

IMG_0200.JPG

The pin on the RBA is too short. SXK RBA is virtually identical except it has a longer pin. Atmistique sells a bridge for it and it includes a longer pin.

12. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    looking forward to the updates mate

did u go for a dna60 or the sxk board?

• Like Like x 3
  13. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    for anyone with dna and no usb this will come in handy

14. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
  15. mac-nutty

mac-nutty Moved On

Mar 2, 2019
    pub
  16. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I was in two minds but eventually went for the DNA board. I like TC and wasn't sure how the 70 would behave.
    Yeah i'll be updating for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I feel I need to mention the following...
    I ordered everything in one go from a new place I discovered ...LegendGadget.
    Was reluctant at first as it was a few items and a decent amount to. I asked for assurance that they have it in stock and can ship fast. They responded fast and said they have all SXK products in stock and ship fast.
    That is exactly what happened to..they took only a few hours to post it and send me the track number. That's impressed me. Also their prices was the lowest of all the usual Chinese distrubuters I usually deal with.
    I actually shot them an email, thanking them for the good service. It really was unusual, as I became accustomed to waiting before shipment...especially when a number of items are ordered together. I will definitely use them more going forward.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I agree Fredman1. I've been ordering from them a lot lately. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. BillW50

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Fix For SXK RBA and Kanger Bridge Coming Apart, Maybe

I've been looking at BB drip tips for awhile now. Atmistique and Ohman Bmods has the BB Key built into the drip tip. And Etsy BB drip tips keys into the existing BB Key. All very nice and very tempting.

Although JMK Tips also has their BB drip tips which also has the BB Key built in. And oddly, unlike everything else, doesn't use an o-ring. Why? They explain within their BB Rev3 drip tips description (you need their BB Rev4 tips for Rev 4 of course):

They do not include an o-ring at the base. This is due to the fact that the o-ring always causes the Kangeroo and Siluro tubes to get pulled out when removing the stock brass ring, which makes it a bigger hassle to refill the tank. No leaking has occurred, even with daily usage.

Hmm interesting. I'm giving them a try. They claim they work with SXK BB too when I contacted them. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Does AFC on the BilletBox depend on the 'thing' installed in the tank? Are there any adjustments?

• Like Like x 2