SXK Billet box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I eventually went ahead and bought the whole caboodle that SXK makes. Took me a while to get there. I have to say the whole Billet box idea never really exited me. It all somehow suddenly changed recently. Now i'm thinking this will be just the thing for me. This is what I bought..
The Billet box standard kit...
The exocet...
The vapeshell...
The insider...
The boxxer tank
A spare boro tank...
I'm eagerly wanting some comments on how people find these as there isn't many recent threads about it here.
Any comments very much appreciated. Thanks.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I eventually went ahead and bought the whole caboodle that SXK makes. Took me a while to get there. I have to say the whole Billet box idea never really exited me. It all somehow suddenly changed recently. Now i'm thinking this will be just the thing for me. This is what I bought..
The exocet...
The vapeshell...
The insider...
The boxxer tank
A spare boro tank...
I'm eagerly wanting some comments on how people find these as there isn't many recent threads about it here.
There is a large billet box thread here: ~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I have an SXK DNA60... with all the bridges... and addons.

I flipped the screen so it matches an authentic, and I hid the USB port under the board with some electrical tape.

It's a clone with the same chipset, same performance, same materials, same aesthetic... and it cost over $400 CAD including taxes and shipping (for all the bridges, mod, and addons).

It's alright, but i'm glad I never went authentic.

Mine:
yhbzudar8rh21.png

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I guess this is the only SXK Billet Box thread. That is nice, as we could really use one. Why Doug Dino at Billet Box Vapor never added the DNA60 USB port, I'll never know. Luckily SXK did on their BB clone about 6 months ago. I have the following (some are on order) for my SXK BBs.
  • x3 SXK Billet Box Rev4B DNA60 w/USB
  • x4 SXK Hellfire Exocet RTA
  • x6 SXK Boro Tank
  • x1 SXK DIY Coil Tool Kit (510 Bridge)
  • x3 SXK A-Tank
  • x3 Vaporesso Ceramic EUC Coil Head 0.5 w/Adapter (5-Pack)
  • x1 SXK Replacement Panel - Acrylic Clear Frosted
  • x1 SXK Replacement Panel - Honeycomb Black
I'm new to Billet Boxes and I have been using them for about 2 weeks and I just love them. I hardly touch my drippers, squonkers, and tanks anymore. Although I am not impressed with the SXK RBA (Kanger RBA Mini clone). As that bridge (chimney) is too narrow and spins loose when you remove the key (drip tip holder). Which causes the chimney to come loose with juice in the tank. I haven't tried that Nautilus Bridge, but I am sure I have some old Nautilus coils around here.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
WoW and here I am thinking I got the whole caboodle :D
Well I did it in 4 steps. Just getting basic setup and one Exocet and a spare tank and see how that went. Well I loved it so I ordered more. Now I am waiting on those Ceramic EUC coils that are supposed to be really good with the BB. Although you need that adapter and at least one A-Tank. You did get the Vapeshell, Insider, and the Boxxer which I skipped for now. But I am curious what you think of them.
I haven't received mine yet but I know i'm going to enjoy it. Can't wait.
When do you expect them? :)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
One of my SXK BB came with a raised connection pin. I would press it down and it just popped back up again. Made it hard to insert and remove tanks.

IMG_0185.JPG

I could send it back to Canada where I bought it, or take it apart. Maybe I could get to it by the screen.

IMG_0192.JPG

Nope, no access there. Let's try the other side.

IMG_0194.JPG

It's just a wire soldered on a pin and just sits there. Rerouted the wire so it stays in place. All fixed. Here's the rest of the DNA60 board for the curious.

IMG_0195.JPG

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
The exocet...
The vapeshell...
The insider...
The boxxer tank
A spare boro tank...
looking forward to the updates mate

did u go for a dna60 or the sxk board?

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
I guess this is the only SXK Billet Box thread. That is nice, as we could really use one. Why Doug Dino at Billet Box Vapor never added the DNA60 USB port, I'll never know. Luckily SXK did on their BB clone about 6 months ago. I have the following (some are on order) for my SXK BBs.
  • x3 SXK Billet Box Rev4B DNA60 w/USB
  • x4 SXK Hellfire Exocet RTA
  • x6 SXK Boro Tank
  • x1 SXK DIY Coil Tool Kit (510 Bridge)
  • x3 SXK A-Tank
  • x3 Vaporesso Ceramic EUC Coil Head 0.5 w/Adapter (5-Pack)
  • x1 SXK Replacement Panel - Acrylic Clear Frosted
  • x1 SXK Replacement Panel - Honeycomb Black
I'm new to Billet Boxes and I have been using them for about 2 weeks and I just love them. I hardly touch my drippers, squonkers, and tanks anymore. Although I am not impressed with the SXK RBA (Kanger RBA Mini clone). As that bridge (chimney) is too narrow and spins loose when you remove the key (drip tip holder). Which causes the chimney to come loose with juice in the tank. I haven't tried that Nautilus Bridge, but I am sure I have some old Nautilus coils around here.
for anyone with dna and no usb this will come in handy

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I feel I need to mention the following...
I ordered everything in one go from a new place I discovered ...LegendGadget.
Was reluctant at first as it was a few items and a decent amount to. I asked for assurance that they have it in stock and can ship fast. They responded fast and said they have all SXK products in stock and ship fast.
That is exactly what happened to..they took only a few hours to post it and send me the track number. That's impressed me. Also their prices was the lowest of all the usual Chinese distrubuters I usually deal with.
I actually shot them an email, thanking them for the good service. It really was unusual, as I became accustomed to waiting before shipment...especially when a number of items are ordered together. I will definitely use them more going forward.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Fix For SXK RBA and Kanger Bridge Coming Apart, Maybe

I've been looking at BB drip tips for awhile now. Atmistique and Ohman Bmods has the BB Key built into the drip tip. And Etsy BB drip tips keys into the existing BB Key. All very nice and very tempting.

Although JMK Tips also has their BB drip tips which also has the BB Key built in. And oddly, unlike everything else, doesn't use an o-ring. Why? They explain within their BB Rev3 drip tips description (you need their BB Rev4 tips for Rev 4 of course):

They do not include an o-ring at the base. This is due to the fact that the o-ring always causes the Kangeroo and Siluro tubes to get pulled out when removing the stock brass ring, which makes it a bigger hassle to refill the tank. No leaking has occurred, even with daily usage.

Hmm interesting. I'm giving them a try. They claim they work with SXK BB too when I contacted them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread