Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Hi guys,

I got my blue aluminium SXK Delro clone a couple of weeks ago ; very interested to discuss this mod with others.

I chose the SEVO 70 version as a starting point.

$98.00 SXK Delro Styled 70W TC VW AIO Mod Kit - 1-70W / 2200mAh / SEVO 70 chipset at FastTech - Free Shipping

My initial impressions are good:

1) Build quality is great with the exception of some machining marks around the screen area. I haven't seen this in any other photos. Has anybody else noticed this?

2) The fit and finish of the door is top tier - slides in with perfect tolerance and lets no unwanted air in around the seal. Magnets strong. The external finish of the body is flawless.

3) The buttons are good with the exception of a little rattle from the up/down bar. Easily fixed with one layer of tape added by removing the button panel. 10 minute job. Has anyone else noticed button rattle?

4) The anodised aluminium finish of the mod is excellent. My only subjective criticism is that it's a bit on the slippery side and easy to drop.

5) It fits Boros and variants like the VapeSnail and Qbix well. The nut has the same threads as the SXK BB clone so doesn't work with BBV flush nuts etc.

6) The honeycomb AF is smoother with the Delro than the same RBAs are in BBs or the Boxx

7) The 2200mAh rated LiPo battery may or may not be true to SXK manual specs and I'm continuing to test it and get a feel. Would be very interested in other people's thoughts on this.

I've ordered transparent door and button panels:

$14.90 SXK Delro Styled AIO Mod Kit Replacement Door Cover Panel Plate at FastTech - Free Shipping

and silver buttons:

$7.90 SXK Delro Styled AIO Mod Kit Replacement Fire + Adjustable Button Key - stainless steel at FastTech - Free Shipping

Overall I really love this device and plan to buy a DNA version soon. Thinking the Ultem might be nice.

Any other SXK Delro clone owners out there?

Delro 2.jpg

Delro 1.jpg
Delro 4.jpg
Delro 3.jpg

Last edited:

Lexi.K

Aug 17, 2021
I got the same blue al body, but with the DNA chip.

My initial impressions are good:

1) Build quality is great with the exception of some machining marks around the screen area. I haven't seen this in any other photos. Has anybody else noticed this?
- Mine has the same marks, bugged me at first, but I got over it.

2) The fit and finish of the door is top tier - slides in with perfect tolerance and lets no unwanted air in around the seal. Magnets strong. The external finish of the body is flawless.
-Agree! I love the finish, especially when it's under the sunlight.

3) The buttons are good with the exception of a little rattle from the up/down bar. Easily fixed with one layer of tape added by removing the button panel. 10 minute job. Has anyone else noticed button rattle?
- Up n down buttons don't rattle with mine but the fire button does a bit. Thanks for the tape tip. I've ordered the stainless steel and will wait to see how those fit.

4) The anodised aluminium finish of the mod is excellent. My only subjective criticism is that it's a bit on the slippery side and easy to drop.
- I get sweaty palms, so I'm constantly wiping the mod. I always give it a firm grip. The weight actually helps with grip.

5) It fits Boros and variants like the VapeSnail and Qbix well. The nut has the same threads as the SXK BB clone so doesn't work with BBV flush nuts etc.
-Thanks for the BBV heads up! I got the SXK EVL Alien to go with mine and fits good.

6) The honeycomb AF is smoother with the Delro than the same RBAs are in BBs or the Boxx
- Not sure what you mean by this. This is my 1st boro tank setup.

7) The 2200mAh rated LiPo battery may or may not be true to SXK manual specs and I'm continuing to test it and get a feel. Would be very interested in other people's thoughts on this.
- I have a 0.5 fused clapton build I run at 25W and the battery lasts me 2 days+.

I've ordered transparent door and button panels:
- They just released a green transparent door.

Overall I really love this device and plan to buy a DNA version soon. Thinking the Ultem might be nice.
- I love my DNA blue al. I'm glad I decided to spend a bit more on this chip. The gray and SS Sevos are out, not sure if they're releasing a DNA for those.

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_135519.jpg
    IMG_20210816_135519.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Here are some shots with the silver buttons and clear panels. Love this setup.

20210812_172941.jpg
20210812_173625.jpg
20210812_150240.jpg

The fit and finish of the door, clear button panel and silver buttons is excellent. Door magnets are spot on.

A post script re the battery - mine settled down after a few charge cycles and gives what you'd expect from a 2200mAh cell.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
The honeycomb AF is smoother with the Delro than the same RBAs are in BBs or the Boxx
- Not sure what you mean by this. This is my 1st boro tank setup.
The Billet Box has 3 x oblong airflow holes that come in from the boro end of the mod. The Boxx has a different system with a large, rounded oblong hole on each side leading to a funnel that comes up underneath the boro.

The Delro has an array of 20 tiny air holes in 2x rows of ten on the door. This gives smoother af imo.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I got lucky and managed to find one of the DNA Ultem SXK Delros.

Some pics:

Alumo and Ultemo 2.jpg Ultemo 3.jpg Ultemo 1.jpg

Ultemo with Xeta.jpg Ultemo with Bludger.jpg Ultemo Mobb Mini.jpg Ultemo in hand.jpg

I really love the look and hand feel of the Ultemo. It's my new favourite device without a doubt.

I've also got another blue SEVO 70 version on the way with some more clear panels and gold buttons this time.

It's getting hard to find the blue Alumo in a DNA version now so I'm thinking I might retrofit a DNA 60 board into one of my SEVO versions. Having said that, the SEVO is still a very reliable and flexible chipset. I use wattage mode in mine and have tweaked the power curve to suit.
I got into escribe and did a similar boost to one of the DNA profiles in my Ultemo.

JAKEfromMAINE

Nov 19, 2018
I was gifted this mod today (gunmetal w/sevo chip) & I love it! Thanks for the tip re: button rattle. Never tried BB but coming from the Bantam Box to this (w/Qbix) I can DEFINITELY tell the difference with the honeycomb airflow. To be honest this is the best vape experience I’ve had yet & I’ve been vaping for nearly 4 years (rebuilding for 3.5yrs). Never had a mod improve an atty this much. I’m gonna save for an authentic I love it so much!

Happy Vaping + Holidays Vape Fam

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
@Pigs
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think i read somewhere the DNA 60 Delro aren't supported by Escribe...not sure about that though.
That made me think...how does that affect TC...have you tried it yet?
Also I see the original Delro has screws to remove the bottom cover....to replace the lipo battery. Is the SXK Delro the same?

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
@Pigs
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think i read somewhere the DNA 60 Delro aren't supported by Escribe...not sure about that though.
That made me think...how does that affect TC...have you tried it yet?
Also I see the original Delro has screws to remove the bottom cover....to replace the lipo battery. Is the SXK Delro the same?
Gday Fred. Yes, the SXK DNA Delros do connect to escribe. I've tweaked my power curves and other parameters. Always fun to watch Device Monitor in real time.
They connect with a USB C connector. Maybe that's what's confused some people.
I haven't tried TC but it will work the same as any other DNA 60 board.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Yes they are 1:1 clones. Same screws in the same configuration as the authentic Delros. I started removing the battery cover on one of my aluminium ones to test it, but decided it was too much hassle unless/until I needed to.

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
While I'd kill for a PEI (they're not Ultem I'm told) Skelro, I ordered a black ano DNA. I've used two, a blue and a black, and they were really quite good. The button rattle was taken care of with a little teflon tape, and I agree about the battery door - it feels nice to pop on ;) Really psyched to get it when it comes. I'm a DIY type feller, so making a bee up spec battery pack is in the back of my mind.

I'll never give up searching for the elusive Yellow Skelro!

Congrats on your new box, hope it brings tears of good service and cigarette free living.

AD

Reactions: pt91 and Pigs

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
While I'd kill for a PEI (they're not Ultem I'm told) Skelro, I ordered a black ano DNA. I've used two, a blue and a black, and they were really quite good. The button rattle was taken care of with a little teflon tape, and I agree about the battery door - it feels nice to pop on ;) Really psyched to get it when it comes. I'm a DIY type feller, so making a bee up spec battery pack is in the back of my mind.

I'll never give up searching for the elusive Yellow Skelro!

Congrats on your new box, hope it brings tears of good service and cigarette free living.

AD
PEI is right. Just doesn't sound as good!

It's been nearly four months now since I got the Ultemo/Skelro and I haven’t put it down. My favourite device without a doubt.

I'm not sure if it's correct but they are still listed on the SXK site as available for bulk order. I was just talking to one of the local online retailers here yesterday and they suspect another run of the PEI version may happen soon.

I'm sure you'll love your black Alumo.
I'd highly recommend the transparent door kit too. It's practical on a few levels - you can see your juice and battery level withouut opening up, it takes some weight off and there's less friction when you thumb open the door.
The door kits are cheap and who knows how long SXK will make them.

Reactions: Fredman1

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
PEI is right. Just doesn't sound as good!

It's been nearly four months now since I got the Ultemo/Skelro and I haven’t put it down. My favourite device without a doubt.

I'm not sure if it's correct but they are still listed on the SXK site as available for bulk order. I was just talking to one of the local online retailers here yesterday and they suspect another run of the PEI version may happen soon.

I'm sure you'll love your black Alumo.
I'd highly recommend the transparent door kit too. It's practical on a few levels - you can see your juice and battery level withouut opening up, it takes some weight off and there's less friction when you thumb open the door.
The door kits are cheap and who knows how long SXK will make them.

Thanks for the info! SXK has a site?? I feel like I should have known that ;)

The long wait for new gear... Have a great weekend.
AD

Aerodan

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2020
AZ
Here's a cheat sheet:

Delro: A cool, but now very expensive and elusive mod made of Delrin. AIO.

Skelro: The SXK Chinese copy of the Delro.

Alumo/Ultimo: There are aluminum SXK Delros in blue, black, grey (Alumo). There's a yellow PEI version, (Ultemo). We may be making these monickers up as we go, but that's fun and why not.

Skalumo, Skultemo: I just made these up.

AD

PEI...Ultemo/Skelro...Alumo.
Mmm i've got some catch up to do on the lingo :lol:
Feels like my BB days all over again...love it.
I have a good feeling about this Delro journey awaiting me.

• Agree
Reactions: Pigs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread