Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Just to clarify...do you take the o ring off, wind two winds tape on, then put the o ring back over the tape again...kicking the o ring out some?
I just did one turn with mine and so far no seepage. Will try two turns if I start getting some.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
The tape definitely works. One wrap leaves me with a sliver. I'll pick it up a notch and go with two wraps at the next dry burn ;)
IMG_20220219_132215.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
So where do I start looking for one mate?
Mate I've been trying to find another one ever since. i bought mine from a local online vape retailer in Sydney. It's by far my favourite ever mod. Puffing away on it now.

I have the feelers out locally so if SXK do another production run I might get a tap on the shoulder. Will PM you if I do.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'd hold off too Fred. Or at least purchase something small and cheap from the same store first.

It looks similar to how Aliexpress is setup, which at least guarantees your money refunded if the seller doesn't deliver. But I dunno if Shopee has the same guarantee.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Love mine too, but man that battery level looks like mine most of the time. That's really my only gripe... those darned fixed little batteries ;) Still great to use though.
    True and that's why I always have two on the go.
    Trade off I guess. Size v capacity. At least the SXK version is 2200mAh which is higher than the 1600/1800mAh of the authentic.

Did you get yourself any spare batteries?

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Sure did. Do you remove the little screws to replace them or is there a "quick swap" trick? Luckily I drive a fair bit, so plugging in to USB in the car helps a ton :)
    There's a how-to blurb on the Vapes by Enushi website. That's for the authentic but will apply for our clones.

I'm sure the tolerances will be tight and I'm not looking forward to the day when it will become necessary.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I wanted a spare battery, but FT can't ship it to USA now for some reason. Found it at 3F but $9 shipping ordered one anyway. I guess I shouldn't have waited. I'm thinking maybe wrap it and put it in my juice fridge.:)
    @borno if you mean you're going to store your spare lipo battery in the fridge - you probably know that there are risks relating to condensation. Here's what Mooch says in his "Battery Myths". Not sure if this relates to lipos the same as li-ion:

MYTH #8: You can increase the life of a li-ion battery by storing them in the refrigerator.

FACT #8: It makes almost no difference to the “calendar” life of a battery by keeping it in the refrigerator when not being used. Keeping it at room temperature is fine and prevents any possible condensation and rusting issues from keeping them at cold temperatures. Never freeze them! That can damage the battery and is a safety issue if you try to charge them at below 0°C/32°F. Batteries are best if they’re being used though. Cycle through them all instead of storing some and using some.

• Informative
    Reactions: borno

borno

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2019
    land of pleasant living
    @borno if you mean you're going to store your spare lipo battery in the fridge - you probably know that there are risks relating to condensation. Here's what Mooch says in his "Battery Myths". Not sure if this relates to lipos the same as li-ion:

MYTH #8: You can increase the life of a li-ion battery by storing them in the refrigerator.

FACT #8: It makes almost no difference to the “calendar” life of a battery by keeping it in the refrigerator when not being used. Keeping it at room temperature is fine and prevents any possible condensation and rusting issues from keeping them at cold temperatures. Never freeze them! That can damage the battery and is a safety issue if you try to charge them at below 0°C/32°F. Batteries are best if they’re being used though. Cycle through them all instead of storing some and using some.

Thanks for the tip:)

Reactions: Pigs
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread