Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Yeah only two weeks mate...hopefully. In the meantime i'm sucking on my BB...visualizing less weight, easier hand feel and a better button placement.

So what is a Skelro made of?
A BB fully loaded with 18650 and bridge (Xeta inside when I weighed it) is around 229gm.

The Alumo/Skelro is made of anodised aluminium with naval brass nut. USB C for charging/ escribe.
It's a pretty weighty little device but feels good and solid. The plastic door kits help but it's still not light. Comes in at around 202gm fully loaded with a Qbix (a bit more with aluminium door).

The Ultemo (yellow SXK delro) is made of PEI with the same naval brass nut. Weighs around 153gm fully loaded with an Orbit.

Here's a blurb on PEI:

Polyetherimide or PEI material is an amorphous thermoplastic with high mechanical strength and rigidity. PEI polymer is extruded by Ensinger in sheet and rod shapes using Sabic's Ultem® resin. Unfilled PEI thermoplastic is translucent and amber in color with exceptional mechanical, thermal and electrical properties. In filled grades, the addition of glass fiber reinforcement, coupled with Ensinger's proprietary extrusion techniques, provides users with a polyetherimide offering that has both greater tensile strength and rigidity, while also improving dimensional stability.

• Informative
Reactions: Fredman1

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Just arrived home and waisted no time in setting up the Orbit in the BB. You're absolutely right mate...its one seriously quiet and flavorful tank.
Now i'm even more pumped for that Alumo to arrive :thumbs:
Mmm...and the next morning the tank is all empty. All the juice dumped...hellova mess.
I thinned the tails and didn't fill the juice ports. Hope that's the cause of why it leaked.
Anyway I rewicked it and properly filled the ports. So far its holding.

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
Mmm...and the next morning the tank is all empty. All the juice dumped...hellova mess.
I thinned the tails and didn't fill the juice ports. Hope that's the cause of why it leaked.
The gasket on mine leaked. I put two wraps of that blue tefom tape in the groove and trimmed it with a razor then put the gasket back and reassembled. It's been fine since. I didn't thin the tails either 2.5 mm ID coil.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I've found it wicks well with a 2.5mm ID coil and no thinning of the tails.

Definitely dry that gasket up before you put the tank together. Mine leaked a little bit through the join (not a dump) so I added a thin O-ring to the gasket. Dry as a bone since. Similar to @borno .

EDIT I tried uploading a photo but there are still issues with ecf after the server migration. When they fix it up I'll post it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Its all up and running again. It was definitely the ports not being filled with cotton that caused the leak.
Yeah i'm also using a 2.5mm coil....just enough cotton to properly fill the ports.
I'm rather enjoying this tank.
Good stuff.

Ok Fred here's the photo of the O ring fix I was talking about.

20220128_162033.jpg

Hopefully you won't need it. It works for me but is a bit clunky. I might switch over to @borno 's teflon tape solution.

Reactions: borno

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Good stuff.

Ok Fred here's the photo of the O ring fix I was talking about.

View attachment 968877

Hopefully you won't need it. It works for me but is a bit clunky. I might switch over to @borno 's teflon tape solution.
Cheers mate. With the thinned out tails it leaked (streamed) out the air inlets...underneath the glass. Filling the ports stopped that leak.

Just checked and there's some juice sweating right at the bottom of the glass. That sounds like the problem you've been having. I'll go hunting for a o ring.
Ordered a Qbix locally.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Cheers mate. With the thinned out tails it leaked (streamed) out the air inlets...underneath the glass. Filling the ports stopped that leak.

Just checked and there's some juice sweating right at the bottom of the glass. That sounds like the problem you've been having. I'll go hunting for a o ring.
Ordered a Qbix locally.
Hope you like the Qbix. :thumb:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    You using a 2.5 or a 3mm ID build in your Qbix?

Only used a 2.5mm id. It has seriously set a high bench mark for any other rbas I get - I'm absolutely loving it.

When I recoil it next, I'll try the 3.5mm id insert instead of the 4mm. With the door off, and AFC off, it's beautifully airy so I may get away with it.

I've got some taller but still fat drip tips coming on my last FT order specifically for the Boxx. My short fat favourites are just a bit too short.

• Informative
    Reactions: Pigs

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Only used a 2.5mm id. It has seriously set a high bench mark for any other rbas I get - I'm absolutely loving it.

When I recoil it next, I'll try the 3.5mm id insert instead of the 4mm. With the door off, and AFC off, it's beautifully airy so I may get away with it.

I've got some taller but still fat drip tips coming on my last FT order specifically for the Boxx. My short fat favourites are just a bit too short.

I know what you mean about taller DTs for the Boxx. My mouth kind of rests on the shelf around the DT when I use my normal size ones with a Boxx. Not sure why.
    I like the extra air you get from the Boxx. I've noticed the 510 nut has a wider bore opening that the standard BB and the SXK Delro too.

I use 2.5 coils and the 3.5mm af insert in my Qbix, but you know I like a slightly more restricted draw than you. It's nice running the Orbit more open though - somewhere around 4mm af.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread