ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Because it ain't, really. :lol:

Y'all made me look. It's actually SHIJIMINGYANG. Sjimmy? :D

A touch of dyslexia makes it smidgie and I'd love to know what the DPL calls the SXK :lol:

@ricks - everytime I fill my sjmy (smidgie) I try and outdo your airbubble pic. You are the master as all I end up doing is making it gurgly :lol:

Reactions: KC0YNU

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    And dear ones, wrong as it may be to ack the SJMY and non de plume her as Smidgie, I would be hard-pressed to even START pronounding a .... a...... um......

SAJAHMIE.

WAIT!!!!!!!!! That's sort of PAJAMIE! I think I can DO this!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooot!

:D :lol: :thumbs: :banana: :rickroll:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    iu

Reactions: bigbob2322

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I've stopped uncomplicating my wicking and even been trying to ignore my ocd :rolleyes:Found that with cotton it gets a teeny fluff, then drowned and stuffed - works every time ;)

Except for one wee smidgie sjmy that has problem. It coils just fine, wicks just fine, put the chamber on and vapes just fine for about a minute, then gurgles.

I eliminated it being the chamber - unscrewed it and put that back on tightly, I've also tried this deck in other chamber/tanks and same problem.

Eliminated my coiling - other doggy RTAs are all perfect. Wicking - I'm using cotton now in it. Tried it really tight in the coil, really loose in the coil, just right in the coil - same thing.

I think I've unseated something in the deck - or the insulation needs replacing. It could even be a stray cut off leg shorting it somehow.

I've left it in a bubble bath today and I'll disassemble the deck in the morning. Any tips on how to do this would be gratefully accepted ;)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    On one of my Dogs I somehow left a screw loose and it was vaping great! I noticed this when I was re-wicking it with Rayon today. I can't figure out how this happened??? The wire was tightly wrapped around the screw tho.

Mind Blown... :shock:

That's why the doggy is so awesome. When I think back to the first few builds I threw in it I'm absolutely amazed at how well it vaped ;)

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I've stopped uncomplicating my wicking and even been trying to ignore my ocd :rolleyes:Found that with cotton it gets a teeny fluff, then drowned and stuffed - works every time ;)

Except for one wee smidgie sjmy that has problem. It coils just fine, wicks just fine, put the chamber on and vapes just fine for about a minute, then gurgles.

I eliminated it being the chamber - unscrewed it and put that back on tightly, I've also tried this deck in other chamber/tanks and same problem.

Eliminated my coiling - other doggy RTAs are all perfect. Wicking - I'm using cotton now in it. Tried it really tight in the coil, really loose in the coil, just right in the coil - same thing.

I think I've unseated something in the deck - or the insulation needs replacing. It could even be a stray cut off leg shorting it somehow.

I've left it in a bubble bath today and I'll disassemble the deck in the morning. Any tips on how to do this would be gratefully accepted ;)
    Vacuum leak somewhere, check that the top is screwed in tight with the chimney for starters.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Tried the Spica Pro recently and it's not a bad vape at all to be honest (very tight MTL that's perfect for me) but after all the challengers over the past 2 years or so the Doggy 2k16 still reigns supreme for me.

Can the new Kayfun Lite 2019 challenge it??? o_O
    I'm not sure I'll even try it. Honestly, I thought Doggies were the best, bar none....after loving Kayfuns. I've been using the True MTL for a few months, and it honestly blows everything out of the water. I don't even know what a new Kayfun, or anything else could do to improve on the True now. Nothing I see so far makes me want to embrace bottom fill and 2013 afc. I guess if it gets incredible reviews for a long time, I might be convinced to shell out a few $ for a clone to check it out. But not likely these days, I'm getting pretty settled.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I'm not sure I'll even try it. Honestly, I thought Doggies were the best, bar none....after loving Kayfuns. I've been using the True MTL for a few months, and it honestly blows everything out of the water. I don't even know what a new Kayfun, or anything else could do to improve on the True now. Nothing I see so far makes me want to embrace bottom fill and 2013 afc. I guess if it gets incredible reviews for a long time, I might be convinced to shell out a few $ for a clone to check it out. But not likely these days, I'm getting pretty settled.
    I wish I could get my True to stop leaking. It's sitting on my shelf all alone.

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
    Yeah, I wish the True had worked out as well for me as it has for you Brewdawg, but I really didn't rate it that highly to be honest and I had two of them to compare back to back as well.

As I mentioned in the True thread, any MTL RTA that I can draw some vapor from when its AFC is fully closed is not going to be a keeper for me. For comparison, the Spica Pro with 4 of its 5 air holes open is still tighter than the True with only half of its first hole open. It was decent enough in the flavour production dept but nothing special. If it was against the Ares then there might be a competition, but I honestly wouldn't put either of them in the same league as the Doggy 2k16.

Anyways vaping is so very subjective and I am glad the True works so well for you. For me the hunt continues and on paper at least this new Kayfun could be a contender.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread