The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SXK DOGGY STYLE

Discussion in 'RTA' started by SKYYcamel, Jul 3, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I was proud.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I got mine yesterday and the AFC ring is very loose. Is yours like this? Is there a fix?

• Like Like x 2
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Ooh I liked the looks of this sucker but I run my doggies wide open. Glad I waited for reviews.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    Can the base be disassembled so that the ring can be separated from the rest of the works? If so, a piece of sticky tape cut slightly less than the width of the ring might be applied to the part of the works that the ring fits around.

• Like Like x 2
  5. xfobxdfcx

xfobxdfcx New Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I have an SKX Bastd and yes the AFC ring is/was obnoxiously loose.
    I "fixed" mine by adding an oring to the bottom part of the AFC ring.

I believe the issue stems from the factory AFC oring not being quite big enough to actually make contact with with AFC ring. None of the orings I have on hand did anything to help. They were either the same size or too fat.

If you take out the 510 pin, the base below the AFC ring can unscrew(don't lose the little plastic part/insulator inside that section). Then the AFC ring can slide off, and you can decide what to do from there.

I added an oring to the top of the threading that the base screw onto, and when screwed back on, it squeezes the oring up into the bottom of the AFC ring.

If I were to do it again I think I would likely just try wrapping a bit of dental floss underneath the factory oring to help it stand taller and snug up to the ring.

My AFC is now quite tight, but can be moved.

It's an excellent atty outside that issue IMO. Essentially a 2k19 Dog.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    My SXK Bastds arrived. I built 1 and I like it. Yes, the AFC ring is very loose. I might try the fix, butaybe just live with it for now.

Problem I had was the first time I went to refill the whole chimney came out with the top cap! Easy fix, however, butaking sure the chimney was snug and not tightening the top cap snug. 2nd refill went fine.

Flavor is good. Glad I tried it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    And the airflow? 2k16 sxk style or sjmy style? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Have you noticed how the throat hit is on the BSTD? I've found the Doggies lacking in that regard.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI
    Mine moves freely too and it looks like they all do so far. I took mine apart the other day. The AF o-ring they have installed, and the spare, is too thin in diameter (1mm x 17mm).

All it needs is a thicker diameter o-ring to fix it. Like a "1.25mm x 17" or even a tad thicker (1.3mm or 1.5mm). I looked at some of my other o-rings but none are thicker in diameter than 1mm.

The O-ring Store has the thicker ones (I checked). They let you make smaller quantity purchases versus other o-ring suppliers where you have to buy 50-100 min..

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    I have both SXK and sjmy Doggies and really can't tell much difference between the 2.

Maybe, perhaps, a little more in the BSTD, but then again, it could be the juice I have in it.

• Like Like x 5