Syringe Fill Method Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
Using the syringe fill method with Resurrector cartos I was having an issue with over filling. I discovered that if I gently put the needle down through the center air tube and suck out all the juice in there, it works really well.

The thing I've notice is that sometimes it's very difficult to get the needle down the hole. I have to roll it back and forth and be very careful.

Is this tightness with the needle caused by a collapsed air tube? What would cause such resistance in the tube?

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
Sounds like you would benefit from taking one of your resurrectors apart so you can see how it is constructed, and what you are pushing up again. From memory (its been a while since I checked one out) there is a pad of wadding toward the base with what I presumed was wiring/coil or something inside. That's probably what you're pushing against.

Although I spent about the first week using a syringe to fill them, now I just drip at an angle and then spin/rotate to allow the juice to be absorbed uniformly. Its about as quick as with a syringe, and means I don't have to mess around with a needle, or risk overfilling. You can also drip over a small plastic cap and then reuse any overfill that drips into it. After 2 months I've got using them down to a fine art. I'm now on my second one, the first lasting about 7 weeks before performing less than optimum. I'd say give yourself a break and ditch the syringe, personally.

Each one costs you about $1.40, and their cheap and quick to ship so... take one apart where the metal tubing meets with the metal base, and take a look. :) Was quite interesting for non-tinkering me. :)

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
I used to use the drip method but could never get a full carto. Then I went to the condom method, that was a mess. The syringe method seems pretty quick, just have issues over-filling.

These Resurrectors hold 2ml of juice, so it might take a lot of dripping. Also time consuming: drip several drops in, let it sit for 15 minutes, drip some more, let it sit. I don't want to spend an hour filling a carto.

I have some CE3 Smokymizers on the way, maybe they'll be easier. Or maybe it's time for a tank.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Sounds like you would benefit from taking one of your resurrectors apart so you can see how it is constructed, and what you are pushing up again. From memory (its been a while since I checked one out) there is a pad of wadding toward the base with what I presumed was wiring/coil or something inside. That's probably what you're pushing against.

Although I spent about the first week using a syringe to fill them, now I just drip at an angle and then spin/rotate to allow the juice to be absorbed uniformly. Its about as quick as with a syringe, and means I don't have to mess around with a needle, or risk overfilling. You can also drip over a small plastic cap and then reuse any overfill that drips into it. After 2 months I've got using them down to a fine art. I'm now on my second one, the first lasting about 7 weeks before performing less than optimum. I'd say give yourself a break and ditch the syringe, personally.

Each one costs you about $1.40, and their cheap and quick to ship so... take one apart where the metal tubing meets with the metal base, and take a look. :) Was quite interesting for non-tinkering me. :)

Completely off topic---7 WEEKS!!! If my carto's lasted 7 DAYS,they have lived a hard life.Lemme see,4mls a day,7 days=28mls,nah,not gonna happen

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Actually, I have found that the Resurrectors will not take a full 2 ml of juice. I load the syringe to about 1.7 ml, then slide the needle down the outside of the filler material to the bottom and squeeze a little in. Then pull the needle back a bit and squeeze some more, and then again, and then again until the syringe is empty. If it looks like it can take more, drip it on top of the filler.

It is best to keep the silicone boot on the connector end about half way while filling. Stand it on the booted end and let it sit a few minutes to allow any excess to drip into the boot.

Probably should not put the needle down the center hole nor drip juice there. When you are done, you should be able to see light thru the hole. If not, it is overfilled. Blow out the excess into a tissue or paper tower from the connector end.

After the intial first fill, I do not use the syringe any more. Just drip fill avoiding the center hole.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Mooreted: I use Resurrectors, which are single coil. I fill them by putting juice in the condum (3/4)full, insert the battery end SLOWLY into the carto until it reaches the bottom. Do this again until the top of the carto looks slushy. Then blow out the carto from both ends until you can see clearly thru the center tube. I have not found this to be messy and it gets the carto wet...which is needed so it does not taste burnt.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I fill them by putting juice in the condum (3/4)full, insert the battery end SLOWLY into the carto until it reaches the bottom.

Gram knows best!
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread