T-priv problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNipple

Feb 21, 2018
So I’m new on here but I’ve had my t-priv for about 3 months now and it has just recently started acting weird basically what is happening is when I hold down the fire button wattage mode pops up but if I keep holding it it will go away and it will fire but if I hold the front right button and the fire at the same time it’ll just fire but also I am not able to increase or decrease my wattage my buttons don’t work when I’m trying to crank it up. but the right button works only if I hold it first and then go into mode by holding right down and then fire 3 times when normally you wouldn’t have to do that you just have to click fire 3 times to go into mode. I haven’t done any updates or anything so I don’t know what is wrong any help is appreciated.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes I'm not sure what is going on, I don't own any smok setups. If it's recent, could try cleaning battery contacts and fire button, in case some e-liquid got in there, but I don't understand why some of your other buttons aren't working, and it kind of sounds like something electrical at fault to me. If you are under 3 months and still within warranty (it varies, I think, although I BELIEVE smok offers a 3 month warranty) I would probably do that ASAP.

With that said an experienced smok user may happen along and be able to tell you exactly what is going on, it's not outside the realm of possibility that you have inadvertently put yourself in some "setting". Did anything else change? Tanks, wattage, batteries getting old, etc.? If not, I would see what others suggest but also start looking into the warranty issue.

Best of luck,

Anna

LittleNipple

Feb 21, 2018
Yes I'm not sure what is going on, I don't own any smok setups. If it's recent, could try cleaning battery contacts and fire button, in case some e-liquid got in there, but I don't understand why some of your other buttons aren't working, and it kind of sounds like something electrical at fault to me. If you are under 3 months and still within warranty (it varies, I think, although I BELIEVE smok offers a 3 month warranty) I would probably do that ASAP.

With that said an experienced smok user may happen along and be able to tell you exactly what is going on, it's not outside the realm of possibility that you have inadvertently put yourself in some "setting". Did anything else change? Tanks, wattage, batteries getting old, etc.? If not, I would see what others suggest but also start looking into the warranty issue.

Best of luck,

Nothing in my settings have changed I did buy a new coil and a set of batteries I’m wondering if that’s the problem although it still was doing the same things with my other coil I will look into the warranty and try to clean up around the buttons thank you for the help.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I’m new on here but I’ve had my t-priv for about 3 months now and it has just recently started acting weird basically what is happening is when I hold down the fire button wattage mode pops up but if I keep holding it it will go away and it will fire but if I hold the front right button and the fire at the same time it’ll just fire but also I am not able to increase or decrease my wattage my buttons don’t work when I’m trying to crank it up. but the right button works only if I hold it first and then go into mode by holding right down and then fire 3 times when normally you wouldn’t have to do that you just have to click fire 3 times to go into mode. I haven’t done any updates or anything so I don’t know what is wrong any help is appreciated.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sounds like a defective product.
Could see CoastalCowboy's comments regarding your problem.I could not state a better comment.
Re: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/smok-qbox.831267/#post-20080501

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread