Hi, please help? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

auriga

Aug 25, 2020
Hi,
i own a smok g-priv Baby and it seems to have gone on strike....
I'm in TC mode [quad SS coil] with 55W + a TCR setting of 454 [the lowest allowed is 400]
and it'll fire once and then switch to 'Wattage Mode' and not fire again. It does not fore at all in wattage mode. What is going on here? I remember i had this issue before when i 1st got it but can't remember how i solved it? Any ideas? thank you!!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi,
i own a Smok G-Priv Baby and it seems to have gone on strike....
I'm in TC mode [quad SS coil] with 55W + a TCR setting of 454 [the lowest allowed is 400]
and it'll fire once and then switch to 'Wattage Mode' and not fire again. It does not fore at all in wattage mode. What is going on here? I remember i had this issue before when i 1st got it but can't remember how i solved it? Any ideas? thank you!!!

Hi auriga. Welcome to the ECF.

Just curious but does it have a Problem when you swap out to another Battery?

auriga

Aug 25, 2020
swapping batteries is the 1st thing i did [i do need a new efest *rolls eyes*] , then the coil, which was filthy.... but no change .. strange but it seems to work ok now, i played a little with wattage/tcr settings [43w/738 atm] maybe that did it? i made the mistake and changed too many things at once so not sure..... i'll get a new one as backup once my budget allows... i have a backup aspire pockex but it's just not the same as this....

Reactions: Storm52

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The coil should have the wattage and temperature printed on the barrel of the coil along with the Smok TC symbol.
stc.jpg

TCR for stainless steel starts at .0088.
What material have you decided your coils are made of?

Cheers
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
the coils are smok branded.... 0.15 ohm, 40 -80w best 60-70w no mention of tcr, i find 60 too hot tbh,
Sorry to inform you mate,
Those are NOT TC compatible coils.
They are made of Kanthal.
TCR and Temperture are NOT the same thing.
TCR denotes a wire's predictable rate of change in resistance as it heats up.
The setting for temperture is an "estimate" based on how the material being used changes in resistance.

Cheers
I

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Welcome to ECF, auriga. Like others have said, your mod won't fire in TC mode because your coils are not compatible with TC settings. Switch to power mode and lower the wattage a bit--just for starters--to see how it goes.

And always inspect your coils carefully before you 1) buy them and 2) use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread