Arian

Sep 10, 2018

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Arian, thank you for the link. You must have gotten the last MTL positive pole as they were out. No problem. I might not need it. Shutting down the juice control to half-way and using about a third of the single air slot seems to work fine for me. I did order one of the triple window tank covers as I'd like to see a bit more of the juice level.

I like the GT4 well enough that I'm thinking of getting a second one. I ordered the Steam Tuners Nano Kit tank from VapinArt last week. I'm thinking of using that setup on a Dani Mini, and then getting another GT4 and running it full-size, but with the triple window, on the Taifun Box.

I have many authentic Kayfuns including the Primes, 5s and 5 Squareds. My taste buds are such from decades of smoking that I'm not going to say the GT4 is better than any of those. But it is much, much easier to clean, and my daily juice is a big-time coil gunker.

Thanks again. Finding another deal is great.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
MTL is no longer my thing anymore but this is what I did and it worked well. On the positive block drive some round tooth picks into the 2 outer holes and snip off flush with flush cutters leaving the center hole open. Close off the air to the other side. To remove the tooth picks will require removing the positive block in order to push them out. This can be done on the opposite side as well but it's a bit trickier to remove them. Of coarse do this at your own risk.

Reactions: JUMA55

Arian

Sep 10, 2018
61ADDA73-08C3-4DE3-86F3-B2C0C80A459E.jpeg
Arian, thank you for the link. You must have gotten the last MTL positive pole as they were out. No problem. I might not need it. Shutting down the juice control to half-way and using about a third of the single air slot seems to work fine for me. I did order one of the triple window tank covers as I'd like to see a bit more of the juice level.

I like the GT4 well enough that I'm thinking of getting a second one. I ordered the Steam Tuners Nano Kit tank from VapinArt last week. I'm thinking of using that setup on a Dani Mini, and then getting another GT4 and running it full-size, but with the triple window, on the Taifun Box.

I have many authentic Kayfuns including the Primes, 5s and 5 Squareds. My taste buds are such from decades of smoking that I'm not going to say the GT4 is better than any of those. But it is much, much easier to clean, and my daily juice is a big-time coil gunker.

Thanks again. Finding another deal is great.
I like GT4 and use it a lot, the airflow is so great , very easy to build and as you say easier to clean. I vape only NET tobaccos 50/50 and it took me a while to understand leaking issues with the right amount of cotton. The flavour is much better than kayfun prime but still Rose V3 is my absolute tank for my tobaccos even though Rose has a strange airflow ( tried kayfun mtl kit on the rose but the flavour gets muted .. fearing the same with mtl positive pole for GT4 , but let see when it arrives and i try )

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
MTL is no longer my thing anymore but this is what I did and it worked well. On the positive block drive some round tooth picks into the 2 outer holes and snip off flush with flush cutters leaving the center hole open. Close off the air to the other side. To remove the tooth picks will require removing the positive block in order to push them out. This can be done on the opposite side as well but it's a bit trickier to remove them. Of coarse do this at your own risk.

Interesting way to do it. I'll keep that in-mind. Thanks.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
View attachment 797343
I like GT4 and use it a lot, the airflow is so great , very easy to build and as you say easier to clean. I vape only NET tobaccos 50/50 and it took me a while to understand leaking issues with the right amount of cotton. The flavour is much better than kayfun prime but still Rose V3 is my absolute tank for my tobaccos even though Rose has a strange airflow ( tried kayfun mtl kit on the rose but the flavour gets muted .. fearing the same with mtl positive pole for GT4 , but let see when it arrives and i try )

Looks very, very nice.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Sorry to necro an older thread, but has anyone else had any issues getting their GT4's? Ordered mine Sep 12 2018, here we are, Feb 15 2019 and seems like my poor RTA is lost in the mail...?

Seriously though where I ordered it from said it's been shipped. You look at the tracking number and it just says Label Created, awaiting package from shipper. I don't like how this is going.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Sorry to necro an older thread, but has anyone else had any issues getting their GT4's? Ordered mine Sep 12 2018, here we are, Feb 15 2019 and seems like my poor RTA is lost in the mail...?

Seriously though where I ordered it from said it's been shipped. You look at the tracking number and it just says Label Created, awaiting package from shipper. I don't like how this is going.
Sounds like it never left the seller's place.

Arian

Sep 10, 2018

Ask your money back !
I mean nearly half a year later you still waiting for something you paid ?
From China when I order it arrives after a week.. and thats China

Reactions: CasketWeaver

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Ask your money back !
I mean nearly half a year later you still waiting for something you paid ?
From China when I order it arrives after a week.. and thats China

Sounds like something suspicious to me too. Here I thought the seller was reputable as I've ordered a few things from them and they've always made the deliveries promptly and on time. I knew when the system said "Item Shipped..." I'd have it about 3 days later. Here we are, almost 5 months later and haven't gotten it. It's supposed to be an authentic one, so... yeah, paid a pretty penny for it.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Just sent a request to cancel the order and refund my money. I won't be ordering another thing like that again. I'll stick with svoe mesto from now on. They can produce and meet demands - and oddly enough, I don't wait almost a year to get my order.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
As anyone who has tried to get several parts or add-ons to the Taifun GT4 has learned, finding dealers with the items in stock is difficult. I think the tank is great, so spending some time and money to get it exactly to your liking is worth it. However...

If you are outside of Germany, you might want to avoid ordering from the SmokerStore. InTaste (Germany), Creme de Vape (UK), Origin Vape (USA), VapinArt (USA) and Vapes by Enushi (Canada) are fine. And the dealer in France, which will not sell to U.S. customers, has proven themselves to Arian, as stated above.

The folks at the SmokerStore (SS) either make the Taifun products or have them made for them. I am not sure the SmokerStore is totally prepared for retail sales.

When you complete your order with SS there is no way to put in your payment information. As soon as you receive your order confirmation, you'll need to write SS and request a payment link to PayPal.

Once your order is paid for, email SS and remind them to complete whatever forms necessary to get your item through your customs agency. My recent order of a MTL positive pole and ultem tank did not contain such documents. Long story short is I'm having to jack with multiple folks at UPS, U.S. Customs and the FDA in order to get my two items released and sent to me. SS has been CC'ed on the 15 or so emails, but so far has failed to respond to the request for the proper export documents or whatever they should have sent.

I do not know where this ends, and I will let you guys know. But for now you might want to avoid my problems and order from another vendor.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Arian, thank you for uploading your pictures. This week I change the positive post on my GT4 to the MTL version, and also changed the tank and drip tip to ultem. I have the chamber reducer on order.

I'm curious what did you set the juice control to after you put in the new MTL post and chamber reducer? And what impedance, wattage and juice percentage?

Right now after just the MTL post, I have the juice control at about 50% and ditto for the MTL airflow slot. I'm running 12 watts, 1.0ohm with a 50/50 juice.

Everything works fine, but for some reason the flavor is not quite as strong as I think it should be.

Thank you for your help.

Arian

Sep 10, 2018
Arian, thank you for uploading your pictures. This week I change the positive post on my GT4 to the MTL version, and also changed the tank and drip tip to ultem. I have the chamber reducer on order.

I'm curious what did you set the juice control to after you put in the new MTL post and chamber reducer? And what impedance, wattage and juice percentage?

Right now after just the MTL post, I have the juice control at about 50% and ditto for the MTL airflow slot. I'm running 12 watts, 1.0ohm with a 50/50 juice.

Everything works fine, but for some reason the flavor is not quite as strong as I think it should be.

Thank you for your help.
Hi Jumma55
I always leave juice control to the minimum, even now with mtl post and chamber reducer
I build around 1-1.2 ohm and with 50/50 juice at 12-13 watts similar to your build.
Mtl post needs the chamber reducer and definitaly you will notice a stronger hit
Flavour is better in my opinion , and the draw is proper mtl ( well not tight like kayfun prime )
I dont like airflow control on taifun gt4.. and i dont think it matters in my case as always notice hissing when i close it down so i leave open at the mtl side
Also when you put the coil try to put it as low as possible, the chamber reducer is quite low and it touches slightly the sides when cotton rest .
Hopefully you will enjoy it , me personally very happy now and finally can build my GT4 with my favorite wires 28 gauge or even 30 :)

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Hi Jumma55
I always leave juice control to the minimum, even now with mtl post and chamber reducer
I build around 1-1.2 ohm and with 50/50 juice at 12-13 watts similar to your build.
Mtl post needs the chamber reducer and definitaly you will notice a stronger hit
Flavour is better in my opinion , and the draw is proper mtl ( well not tight like kayfun prime )
I dont like airflow control on taifun gt4.. and i dont think it matters in my case as always notice hissing when i close it down so i leave open at the mtl side
Also when you put the coil try to put it as low as possible, the chamber reducer is quite low and it touches slightly the sides when cotton rest .
Hopefully you will enjoy it , me personally very happy now and finally can build my GT4 with my favorite wires 28 gauge or even 30 :)

Arian, thank you for the information. I will let you know how things proceed when the chamber reducer arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread