Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ive been curious about the GT4 since I do love my Taifuns. I love design of the 4 but do not like the big giant Drip tip. Is it possible to use a standard 510 DT with it?

SHoot, just looked it up and realize why I have not seriously looked at it, its 25mm, Darn.

How does the GT3 compare to the GSL, I was not thrilled with the GSL. The BT with the ss ropes was not for me either...... Is the 3 23mm like the rest or bigger.... i hope not

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
thank you, its been on my "would like to try out" someday. Ive been going back to my old favorites lately.

I used to LOVE the Taifun GT2 and used to have a few as well as the GT1 and had issues with the GSL but love the GS. I recently bought another GS, GT1 and GT2.

Its amazing how different the GS and GSL behaved and tasted.

I will have to keep an eye out for a good deal on a used GTIII Thanks dwcraig, you always had similar tastes and needs in atties, always trust your opinions

Reactions: dwcraig1

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Ive been curious about the GT4 since I do love my Taifuns. I love design of the 4 but do not like the big giant Drip tip. Is it possible to use a standard 510 DT with it?

SHoot, just looked it up and realize why I have not seriously looked at it, its 25mm, Darn.

How does the GT3 compare to the GSL, I was not thrilled with the GSL. The BT with the ss ropes was not for me either...... Is the 3 23mm like the rest or bigger.... i hope not

One can use any 510 drip tip with the the GT4. See below:

IMG_0188.jpg

• Love
Reactions: anavidfan

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Arian, I wasn't thrilled with the Steam Tuners tank. I thought the shorter chimney made the vape too hot. I also wasn't happy with the fact one couldn't use the standard Taifun drip tip or other 810 size without removing it for each fill. I'm going to try it again, however, one of these days. I'm not sure the reducer would work because the Steam Tuners rig completely replaces the Taifun bell.

I have not received my reducer. I ordered it from InTaste and for whatever reason stuff from Germany is taking forever to get to me these days.

Arian

Sep 10, 2018
Arian, I wasn't thrilled with the Steam Tuners tank. I thought the shorter chimney made the vape too hot. I also wasn't happy with the fact one couldn't use the standard Taifun drip tip or other 810 size without removing it for each fill. I'm going to try it again, however, one of these days. I'm not sure the reducer would work because the Steam Tuners rig completely replaces the Taifun bell.

I have not received my reducer. I ordered it from InTaste and for whatever reason stuff from Germany is taking forever to get to me these days.
The reducer works only for taifun 5ml and 2ml. Yes thought to get Steam Tuners tank but went for 2ml smokerstore tank and glad I did, nice thick glass and easy to use , and of course shorter
I thought smokerstore use dhl for distribution of their products to the clients, hope you get it soon

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Arian, if I were to order a second one, it would be the one with the 2ml tank.

I ordered the reducer from InTaste. They do ship DHL, but somewhere it switches to the USPS. It hasn't been a problem in the past. However, I do have a previous order from InTaste that the post office has lost. It wasn't anything expensive, but still...

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Anyone here have any experience of ordering older Taifun parts from smokerstore? I was working in the garage and dropped my GT III deck on concrete and it's got this nasty dent near one of the wicking ports which has stopped the juice flow control/chimney from turning.

Problem is smokerstore have no listing for GT III decks and I've checked InTaste too. Unlike Svoemesto there is no aftermarket part replacement list unless I've missed it. Would really hate to not be able to use this tank anymore.

Reactions: JUMA55

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016

The chimney on the steam tuners tank is to freaking wide it runs the vape. The stock chimney is very narrow which is amazing and one of the reasons the vape is so ......n good, also the taifun XS tank keeps the stick chimney bore it's just much shorter so I recommend trying to find that one. I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the steam tuner tank. Also intaste and smokerstore have really REALLY slow customer service which sucks. It's taken them weeks to get back to me.

Reactions: JUMA55

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Anyone here have any experience of ordering older Taifun parts from smokerstore? I was working in the garage and dropped my GT III deck on concrete and it's got this nasty dent near one of the wicking ports which has stopped the juice flow control/chimney from turning.

Problem is smokerstore have no listing for GT III decks and I've checked InTaste too. Unlike Svoemesto there is no aftermarket part replacement list unless I've missed it. Would really hate to not be able to use this tank anymore.
There is a 1:1 clone that does match the authentic it is in this thread but I do not know what page it is on.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
There is a 1:1 clone that does match the authentic it is in this thread but I do not know what page it is on.

Thanks I do know I can get a deck section from fasttech. Problem is I don't want really want clone parts in my authentic very expensive tank, unless it's a last resort. Another issue is that the one and only review regarding that piece states the wicking holes are higher up than the authentic which might cause an issue with the authentic chimney. I've fired off an email to smokerstore anyway so hopefully they can help.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Thanks I do know I can get a deck section from fasttech. Problem is I don't want really want clone parts in my authentic very expensive tank, unless it's a last resort. Another issue is that the one and only review regarding that piece states the wicking holes are higher up than the authentic which might cause an issue with the authentic chimney. I've fired off an email to smokerstore anyway so hopefully they can help.
I understand not wanting a clone part but anytime I find a 1:1 clone of something in own authentic,is buy it for parts.

• Agree
Reactions: Vape Muppet

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX

If you can live with clone parts, FastTech has lots of parts for the GT III:

$4.48 Replacement Deck for Taifun GT III RTA Atomizer - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I didn't see the GT III base at 2Fdeal, but they do have lots of Taifun items, just do the search under Typhoon:

2Fdeal-Premium Vape Store with Best Ecig Deals

Or you could buy a replacement clone and just use what you have to. AliExpress has them for $28:

US $27.74 |Shenray Taifun GT3 RTA Tank Atomizer GT III Single Coil 6ml Max Juice Capacity top filling Bottom Airflow Adjustable E Cigarette-in Electronic Cigarette Atomizers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I've bought items from all three. No issues other than stuff coming from China takes forever.

• Optimistic

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
The chimney on the steam tuners tank is to freaking wide it runs the vape. The stock chimney is very narrow which is amazing and one of the reasons the vape is so ......n good, also the taifun XS tank keeps the stick chimney bore it's just much shorter so I recommend trying to find that one. I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the steam tuner tank. Also intaste and smokerstore have really REALLY slow customer service which sucks. It's taken them weeks to get back to me.

Yes, I wish I hadn't bought the Steam Tuners tank either. I'm not using it.

I've had better luck with InTaste than Smokerstore, but the only overseas dealer that always comes through is Creme de Vape. My last order from them took 23 hours from the UK to me in Texas.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I understand not wanting a clone part but anytime I find a 1:1 clone of something in own authentic,is buy it for parts.

I agree that clones can be useful for things like spare glass etc but what concerns me about the other parts is how good a fit they are. In hindsight I think I should have just ordered spare authentic parts when I bought it but if I remember right smokerstore didn't even sell spare decks at the time, just an alternative cage, some drip tips, O-rings and a 510 repair kit. Kind of ridiculous for a high end tank. Not a good sign if you can't get aftermarket parts.

If you can live with clone parts, FastTech has lots of parts for the GT III:

$4.48 Replacement Deck for Taifun GT III RTA Atomizer - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I didn't see the GT III base at 2Fdeal, but they do have lots of Taifun items, just do the search under Typhoon:

2Fdeal-Premium Vape Store with Best Ecig Deals

Or you could buy a replacement clone and just use what you have to. AliExpress has them for $28:

US $27.74 |Shenray Taifun GT3 RTA Tank Atomizer GT III Single Coil 6ml Max Juice Capacity top filling Bottom Airflow Adjustable E Cigarette-in Electronic Cigarette Atomizers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I've bought items from all three. No issues other than stuff coming from China takes forever.

Thanks but I have already seen the deck on Fasttech. The Shenray clone doesn't look too bad but it is a mini version so the chimney and tank size are completely wrong.

I suppose I really wanted to keep this tank authentic after paying £135 for it because at least it would keep a certain resale value.

If I have to compromise just to keep it functioning then this one from 3f might serve:

Taifun GT III Style Silver 5mL 23.6mm RTA Rebuildable Atomizer

Alternatively I could pay a bit more and get a clone from a UK vendor rather than wait 30+ days, although Fasttech is typically 7-10 days for us.

Thanks anyway guys. I think I'm still annoyed at my own clumsiness for dropping it in the first place.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I agree that clones can be useful for things like spare glass etc but what concerns me about the other parts is how good a fit they are. In hindsight I think I should have just ordered spare authentic parts when I bought it but if I remember right smokerstore didn't even sell spare decks at the time, just an alternative cage, some drip tips, O-rings and a 510 repair kit. Kind of ridiculous for a high end tank. Not a good sign if you can't get aftermarket parts.

Thanks but I have already seen the deck on Fasttech. The Shenray clone doesn't look too bad but it is a mini version so the chimney and tank size are completely wrong.

I suppose I really wanted to keep this tank authentic after paying £135 for it because at least it would keep a certain resale value.

If I have to compromise just to keep it functioning then this one from 3f might serve:

Taifun GT III Style Silver 5mL 23.6mm RTA Rebuildable Atomizer

Alternatively I could pay a bit more and get a clone from a UK vendor rather than wait 30+ days, although Fasttech is typically 7-10 days for us.

Thanks anyway guys. I think I'm still annoyed at my own clumsiness for dropping it in the first place.

I bought a clone of the GT IV first. No way was I shelling out that much money for something that I might hate. It was one of the more expensive ones on FastTech. It was good enough that I went ahead and bought an authentic. Other than the tightness of the air control ring, I cannot tell them apart. But I vape the real one and the clone is now a part of my clone collection.

I'd be hacked too if I'd spent that much money and couldn't get parts for it. Have you contacted the SmokerStore to see if they have parts, which might not be listed on their website or if they do repairs?

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I bought a clone of the GT IV first. No way was I shelling out that much money for something that I might hate. It was one of the more expensive ones on FastTech. It was good enough that I went ahead and bought an authentic. Other than the tightness of the air control ring, I cannot tell them apart. But I vape the real one and the clone is now a part of my clone collection.

I'd be hacked too if I'd spent that much money and couldn't get parts for it. Have you contacted the SmokerStore to see if they have parts, which might not be listed on their website or if they do repairs?

Yes mate, I have already fired off an email to them. Not expecting a reply in a hurry due to the Easter holiday. I've also ordered the deck off Fasttech. If it doesn't work it's only a few quid wasted.

I looked at the GT4 but it's not my vape style at all, looks way too airy and I would need the MTL reduced chamber and the MTL airflow post. I bought my GT3 because I'd really enjoyed the GT2 clones (could no longer buy the original at the time) and wanted an authentic Taifun.

Anyway since the GT3 is now out of action I'm using my Squape RS again. :)

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
I completely understand not wanting to swap out a clone part in an authentic . There is that 1% chance that is the only option for parts. I would suggest contacting them for a repair or replacement part .

Already done it today. Surprisingly they were very quick getting back to me and fortunately they do have that part but I think it was the last one. Not exactly cheap but at least I know it will be a perfect fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread