Taifun GT Discusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
This looks too good to pass up. What clone would you guys recommend that works great out of the box (after a good washing)? I ask because I've only had authentics to this point.

Well, I had one clone years and years ago, but it came covered in machine oil, the parts fit together poorly, and it leaked. I know all clones aren't that bad, but after that I figured someone needs to buy authentics, and I could afford it, so why not.

However, I hate Smoker Store. love their products, but they are hard to order from, don't support legacy products well, and they don't reply to emails. I'd rather give my money to anyone but them.

So, good solid clone recommendation?

Reactions: TrollDragon

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
It goes right on that white insulator that's over the 510
15036683_1355589604465260_4058442092767471786_n.jpg

Thank you kindly [emoji1303]

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
This is the one that I received today, it's the one for $18.99 @ FFF. They are using the same pictures for both silver ones. This one has the larger post screw heads and is pretty clean. Cleaning and replacing all o-rings at the moment. Will post again when up and running. It came in the box like in the video.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
any computer people on here? I have done something that has caused my email account to get a notification every time anything goes on in the forum that concerns me. Any like, any alert etc.
I contacted an admin and they advised to uncheck all boxes in preferences and alert perferences. The box that says "receive notification" was already unchecked but I did this anyway and even somehow lost all my emoticons. The problem is not solved. This seems to have happened right after I cleaned up my Google account. (removed old, installed new and renamed it)
I wonder if there is a correlation? ANYBODY? Please help. I cannot see the forest for the trees.........

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Never looked at this video. Interesting that it all comes apart like that. More to confuse me when trying to put it all back together. I am going to get one if D gives it the OK
Not yet, lets see if a higher quality clone will show up. They're not bad but they could be a notch better.
I had a terrible ordeal with the one that I got from FFF today. Everything was just fine except one area and that was fitting the tank liners uppper o-ring on the tank top. The spot where it goes on this clone was flat (no groove). This needs special attention on all of them, it's easy to have it in the wrong spot.
The red arrow points to where it doesn't belong, see photo:
15032857_1356527657704788_8412518447583277882_n.jpg

Last edited:

MikeB

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Louisiana
Not yet, lets see if a higher quality clone will show up. They're not bad but they could be a notch better.
I had a terrible ordeal with the one that I got from FFF today. Everything was just fine except one area and that was fitting the tank liners uppper o-ring on the tank top. The spot where it goes on this clone was flat (no groove). This needs special attention on all of them, it's easy to have it in the wrong spot.
The red arrow points to where it doesn't belong, see photo:
15032857_1356527657704788_8412518447583277882_n.jpg

Thanks for the report

Reactions: TrollDragon

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Last edited:

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Got this one focalecig.com - GT V3 Style Atomizer by ShenRay - Silver today. It was very clean, so I skipped the soapy bath and put in a 1.1 ohm build. This GT3 has a very airy draw and more air than I need. GT2 I run wide open but the GT3 with just one hole open. Here they are side by side.

Those GT3 air holes are huge! Top fill is tricky because the juice slots can turn open when unscrewing the top cap.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Thanks, I see they changed the listing as well, it started out plastic tank. My 316 from FFF should be here in the next few days, If I like it I'll probably buy the Shenray, they do quite a good job on the clones normally, though the SXK is tempting. Guess it wouldn't be the first time I've bought three :rolleyes:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The fever still hasn't broken, just ordered #4 (styled)
I'm also putting some serious thought into getting an authentic.

Love to hear what yoo think the best is ? My authentic 2 is still ticking kist boxes except top fill. Might try a clone but tired if buying crap ones

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Too early to know yet but the two I have work very well after changing all the o-rings.
NO NO NO :facepalm: I do not want to go the o-ring route, PLEASE FT :nun:come out with a good one (clone) I will wait patiently for it and for D to approve it. I feel like I have bought every size o-ring and yet still never have the right ones.....big sigh....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread