Take THAT Starbucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
I have been hearing that Starbucks doesn't want people vaping in their shop or even outside. I personally like getting a coffee now and then from there. I especially love the holiday drinks this time of year. After dealing with crazy holiday shoppers it can be lovely to have a baked goodie and egg nog latte (or whatever I am in the mood for). But with coffee joy comes vape bliss, IMHO. Well, on to my point. Today I had to get vaccinations and deal with a mind numbing hour at a government office. So after that it was treat time. While I sipped my yummy beverage outside I had a vape, too. Nobody asked me to stop. Not once. Was I just lucky that nobody noticed? I think next time I will do it again.
yje3evy8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
First, good on you!

As much as I dislike establishments banning vaping, I'd rather the businesses do it than the government step in and set policy.

FWIW, I also feel that smoking bans should be decided at the business level and the consumers decide whether to continue to visit those businesses. But that's just me. :2c:

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I usually just use the drive-through at Starbucks but I stopped in about a month ago. Since I knew I'd be there a few minutes (waiting to meet my son), I brought my setup with me, fully planning to vape outside and see if anyone said anything.

Heck, there were three groups of people smoking in the outside area, including a Starbucks employee.

Needless to say, no one said anything about my vaping. :)

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
Maybe it was the Crazy I can't take it anymore look on your face scared them from saying anything? :danger:

Some other time I would think you would be right. But today I was so happy to have accomplished what I did that I was in quite a good mood. I didn't have my 'b*tch face' on at all :D

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have been hearing that Starbucks doesn't want people vaping in their shop or even outside. I personally like getting a coffee now and then from there. I especially love the holiday drinks this time of year. After dealing with crazy holiday shoppers it can be lovely to have a baked goodie and egg nog latte (or whatever I am in the mood for). But with coffee joy comes vape bliss, IMHO. Well, on to my point. Today I had to get vaccinations and deal with a mind numbing hour at a government office. So after that it was treat time. While I sipped my yummy beverage outside I had a vape, too. Nobody asked me to stop. Not once. Was I just lucky that nobody noticed? I think next time I will do it again.
yje3evy8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally they won't ask unless someone complains. It is manager's discretion. They prefer you don't do it, but it isn't set in stone at this point.

Sent from my Astromech in a galaxy far, far away. The force is with me. so is Mr. chicken.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Just as long as it's not at my store :) However, we could go outside and compare juice.
Well, it probably helps that I don't go around blowing clouds, either.

If I'm out in the open, sure, I just exhale normally, but when I'm inside anywhere I hold it in and don't blow out anything.

erotikpanda

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
U.K.
During the summer months I used to smoke outside starbucks and rarely did anyone try to stop me, when they did, and done so rudely I would just step outside the "starbucks patio", literally 1 meter away from the table and smoke just to prove a point (I think the point was me being a dipstick). After I started vaping and do get irritated with smoke blown in my face I realise what a douche I was. I try not to cape when there are too many people around me, no matter what, it can still get annoying to others (especially if you are blowing clouds). Right now, it seems you are allowed to cape anywhere you please in London, even on the tube (specifically asked the staff there) but I still try to avoid blowing clouds near people, last thing vaping community needs is a bunch of angered citizens being against vaping. My friend, on the other hand, couldn't give a ..... about it and capes everywhere, I mean everywhere, (he vapes at uni during his lectures).

Anyhow, point I was making, it's never bad to be considerate of the people around you, sometimes a cloud of cooled down vape hitting your face, especially if it's on a colder weather, may not be too pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread