Tank feels clogged -- perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

utuxia

Jun 21, 2012
capitola, ca
I'm new to vaping, and just bought the ego ce4+ a few weeks ago.
Normally I hear a little sizzle when I press the button and vape off the tank...but yesterday, that stopped and it felt like something was clogging the tank. I've heard you have to replace the tanks quite frequently w/ e-cigarettes (every 3-4 weeks) -- do you think this is what my problem was?

I thought the battery might be dying so I re-charged it, but I still don't hear the sizzle.

The taste is a little weird, but I still get plenty of vapor.

Should I replace the tank?

Miira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Seaside, CA
I haven't been vaping long, but have yet to kill a stardust. When I clean and dry burn them, if the coil looks more like a glowing piece of charcoal than an easily identifiable coil, I take a thin screwdriver and gently scrape off the burnt crud(then clean it again). It might work for you, can't hurt to try anyway.

AuBadge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Antioch, TN
neuronradio.net
When you say "tank", exactly what are you referring to? The "black mouthpiece and the threaded end" sounds like a cartomizer (or 2-piece with separate cartridge and atomizer) to me, and "the tank" almost sounds like you're talking about the battery...OR you're referring to a device I'm unfamiliar with and I'm the one who's confused. :2cool:

Last edited:

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
That's almost definitely the juice you're using. I've used some pretty acidic juices with Stardusts, so you must be vaping some pretty hefty juice.

Do you know if you're using the newer stardusts with the better plastic? I'm not sure if they made the mouthpiece out of better plastic, or just the tank itself, but they are much more durable.

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
Houston, TX
cinnamon red hots...that must be the problem.

Oh yeah ... that's the problem, alright! EVERYthing I used tank-wise with Cinnamon Red Hots by Vapor Room melted some part of it in NO time. THEN I moved to a Phiniac w/Boge carto ... poof! ... no more issues with tank parts melting ... although I do have to replace the inner o-rings about every 10 days. Big deal. It's more than worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread