TANK goodness and question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So yay, my "abscess" turned out to be some sort of weird gum/bone lump caused by the fact that I have almost no bone in my lower jaw anymore. I got cat-scanned (those things look scary, BTW) and X-rayed to hell and back, and.... nothing. The implants are fine, there appears to be nothing else tumor-wise (I've been cat scanned so much lately, I almost feel robotic) BUT the oral surgeon could find NOTHING wrong with my implants, bone or jaw. He thinks it's being caused by the dentures rubbing constantly on the side of my face, as they won't really fit right again... ever, until the implants get exposed. :)

You could tell the oral surgeon was just dying to cut it open and see what was inside, but he said he was gonna do it after the abx and while he already has me numb (thank goodness) if it's still there. He said it might be, but that he can fix the lump by ordering extra longer caps on my lower implants, so my dentures will rest higher up and not rub. YAY.

For which I am PROFOUNDLY grateful, LOL. No more $$$, no drastic need for tx of any kind. My lower dentures do hurt but I'm so used to it these days, I was quite clueless about that being the problem. YAY. :)

So, here's my question. Since I said I might reward myself with a new setup, should such a miracle take place (YAY it did), I really want to get a Vandy Vape Berserker tank, I've been eyeing it for some time. BUT--

I'd like a mod dedicated to it, I'm determined to make this my MTL TC setup that I use consistently, (hopefully). I'd be kinda maybe into a tube mod but not necessarily? I'd like it to have good TC, that's the main thing, and it's fine if it's a two battery mod if it doesn't look horrid with the Beserker (which I would be open to buying in black or stainless steel). So, mainly I want a mod that does good TC and it could either be a tube (if it'll support the diameter of the VV Beserker) and do TC okay.... Or, I would be up for a 2 battery mod, as long as it does TC well and it's a nice match for that tank, in either black or SS.

Any ideas? I've been steering myself away from most mod threads, and yes, I am being lazy by asking for recommendations! Except, I'm still pretty exhausted, so if someone is fantastic at pairing mods with tanks, I'd be super pleased with an ideas you fine folks can come up with, I kind of suck at that part, actually.... My pairings always look bizarre....

Cost is no object (*except, it can't be insane, like $300 or something) but other than that? I'd love to hear thoughts. I'm fine with buying from China, as well, but it's not *necessary*.

Anna

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
So yay, my "abscess" turned out to be some sort of weird gum/bone lump caused by the fact that I have almost no bone in my lower jaw anymore. I got cat-scanned (those things look scary, BTW) and X-rayed to hell and back, and.... nothing. The implants are fine, there appears to be nothing else tumor-wise (I've been cat scanned so much lately, I almost feel robotic) BUT the oral surgeon could find NOTHING wrong with my implants, bone or jaw. He thinks it's being caused by the dentures rubbing constantly on the side of my face, as they won't really fit right again... ever, until the implants get exposed. :)

You could tell the oral surgeon was just dying to cut it open and see what was inside, but he said he was gonna do it after the abx and while he already has me numb (thank goodness) if it's still there. He said it might be, but that he can fix the lump by ordering extra longer caps on my lower implants, so my dentures will rest higher up and not rub. YAY.

For which I am PROFOUNDLY grateful, LOL. No more $$$, no drastic need for tx of any kind. My lower dentures do hurt but I'm so used to it these days, I was quite clueless about that being the problem. YAY. :)

So, here's my question. Since I said I might reward myself with a new setup, should such a miracle take place (YAY it did), I really want to get a Vandy Vape Berserker tank, I've been eyeing it for some time. BUT--

I'd like a mod dedicated to it, I'm determined to make this my MTL TC setup that I use consistently, (hopefully). I'd be kinda maybe into a tube mod but not necessarily? I'd like it to have good TC, that's the main thing, and it's fine if it's a two battery mod if it doesn't look horrid with the Beserker (which I would be open to buying in black or stainless steel). So, mainly I want a mod that does good TC and it could either be a tube (if it'll support the diameter of the VV Beserker) and do TC okay.... Or, I would be up for a 2 battery mod, as long as it does TC well and it's a nice match for that tank, in either black or SS.

Any ideas? I've been steering myself away from most mod threads, and yes, I am being lazy by asking for recommendations! Except, I'm still pretty exhausted, so if someone is fantastic at pairing mods with tanks, I'd be super pleased with an ideas you fine folks can come up with, I kind of suck at that part, actually.... My pairings always look bizarre....

Cost is no object (*except, it can't be insane, like $300 or something) but other than that? I'd love to hear thoughts. I'm fine with buying from China, as well, but it's not *necessary*.

Anna
Do you feel like a cat now.[emoji16]

Sent from the future

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Never felt like a cat. I could tell you stories of when I've felt like a caged lion (mainly when psycho in the hospital) and there have been times that I could talk to coyotes (again, usually when nuts) and would wander outside night times to have long, interesting conversations. The husband would patiently guide me back to bed when I was done, LOL, I think he's also very happy about Lithium, it's been a long time since I could talk coherently with various animals, heh.

But, you own *lots of mods*, give me a rec? :p

Anna

Reactions: Eskie

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
It will sound stupid but i just watched something right before coming here, seing you want some suggestions i thought i'd share a link (mostly as a joke)

Raksasa Hand-crafted Mods Imho those are THE most beautifull stab wood hand carved dna75 mods i've ever seen. The price aint no joke though unfortunately :p but i'm authorized to dream right :lol:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Never felt like a cat. I could tell you stories of when I've felt like a caged lion (mainly when psycho in the hospital) and there have been times that I could talk to coyotes (again, usually when nuts) and would wander outside night times to have long, interesting conversations. The husband would patiently guide me back to bed when I was done, LOL, I think he's also very happy about Lithium, it's been a long time since I could talk coherently with various animals, heh.

But, you own *lots of mods*, give me a rec? [emoji14]

Anna
Lost Vape
Think Vape
Exus Ark
Boxer
Procolor
Voopoo
Smoant

All depends on what size, features, colors.
You know the drill girly.[emoji6]

Sent from the future

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The price aint no joke though unfortunately

Someone pointed out that my husband should design mods. He so should. :) He is not yet aware of his next assignment, and he's gonna be pretty busy once fall hits getting our vapor barrier up, so that day is not yet here.... Oh, but it's coming... I can't pay that for a mod when I now know the husband could easily make one as good or better.... But I'm going to give the poor guy a break and wait until he's done with the house before I suggest that.... enjoyable extra activity. Heh.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hmm... something like that might work. Not in red, but yes, I like the idea of a DNA chip right up until the moment that I drop it, probably. ;) But, I really should get one for TC purposes, but I think I'm going to just do some research and vapecrawling for a bit. Still will be reading suggestions! :)

Anna

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Anna - I am so glad that your mouth issues turned out to be not as bad as you feared. I am such a wuss at the dentist that anything, even a cleaning, gives me the shakes. I think it goes back to growing up in a very small town with one nice, but not painless, dentist.

Doesn't the Berserker only come in Black and Stainless? How about the asModus Minikin V2? It is a touchscreen but has good reviews. I watched a few videos on operating the touchscreen and it doesn't appear to be too tricky. It does TC and TCR modes. It is around $70, give or take. It also comes in solid black and in stainless.

The "Grit" colorway would look great with the stainless or black tank.
Asmodus-Minikin2-Grit-180w-Mod-Eightvape_afd5a6e3-adb5-4daf-a922-335120878eab_1024x.jpg

ghw46yjhn.jpg

The Minikin V2 is also available in black, also good with either tank. I just kind of like the "Grit."

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Then you have your Smoant mods - the Battlestar and the Charon. Both have colors that would work well with either the stainless or black atty. The Battlestar (comes in lots of colorways, including black and silver) is under about $43 domestically, and the Charon is about $55.
SMBTSR-20.jpg

Smoant_-_Charon_TC_218_Mod_-_stainless_Steel_3_large.jpg

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Asmodus is not known for reliable tc. I'm with Eskie, DNA 75 or 166. Pico, Cuboid, Smoant are all proven reliable tc.

I guess I will find out soon how reliable the Asmodus Minikin V2 is as I have one coming. It is one I might live to regret but I hope not. :)

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I guess I will find out soon how reliable the Asmodus Minikin V2 is as I have one coming. It is one I might live to regret but I hope not. :)
I tried the minikin in stores before i bought my predator, didn't get it because of the price tag on it XD but for the little time i had with it i liked it alot,simple UI easy to use touchscreen and a very nice heft to it. It does have it's con like any other mod though,but no doubt i would've loved it more than i do the predator.

(biggest con i've noticed is mostly the fact you have to unlock it everytime you wanna change the settings but that's subjective,there's also some people who have issues unlocking it but seems it's a matter of finding "the right way" to do it.) Can't lie also,that purple one looked pretty freaking amazing imho :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread