The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tank or carto?

Discussion in 'Mom and Pop Vapor Shop' started by VaVaunt, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Randy C

Randy C Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    SW Florida
    I'm not a physics major, but here's what I have experienced. I live in Florida and see this quite often. I seem to get some condensation when I'm vaping in places with A/C, or where the ambiant temp is cool and it's dry. I think condensation forms when hot moist vapor meets cool dry air. I never have condensation issues when I'm outside when it's hot and humid (almost always in Florida)

I only see condensation build up in my drip tip (I use clear drip tips), never my tank. I just run a tissue thru the drip tip when I see condensation build up and it seems to solve the issue for me. I can see how condensation could make it's way into a carto, but by keeping my drip tip dry, I think I "cut it off at the pass"

2. pwyll

pwyll Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I was assuming the comment/question concerned condensation in the tank since tanks were mentioned specifically and the post seemed to suggest that atomizers did not give the same problem. Since you've brought it up, though, you are right and she could be referring to condensation in the drip tip and/or cartomizer itself. The problem there, though, is that condensation in the drip tip is inevitable, to some degree--one of the reasons I don't use clear drip tips is that they show every little bit of condensation :)

As far as condensation in the tip, while you are absolutely correct about the warm vapour/cool air aspect, another thing that causes it is residual vapour left behind if you don't stop pushing the firing button until you stop inhaling. Some advise I read a few moons ago on Ikenvape's site was to continue your inhale a second or two after you let up on the button and following that advise has greatly reduced the need to dry out the drip tip occassionally--so much so that I don't have to do it at all anymore of my "tip" is less than three inches long (I also use epipes and generally have five to eleven inch churchwarden stems on them). I used to dry out the tip every five to ten vapes, though, because the narrower tips would get "clogged" with water and the wider tips would allow the condensate to run back into the carto--and that would water down the juice and give me "watery vapes" as Jane described.

That wouldn't have anything to do with a tank, though, as I had (and solved) that problem long before I started using tanks. Good catch, though--it compleatly slipped by me that condensation wouldn't have to be in the tank to be a problem :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.