Tank question

Status
Not open for further replies.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
Ok so I have a mom and pops mini sub tank and I am wondering is the notcigs m1a1 tank any better looking to order one more tank. I like the mom and pops tank. I guess what I am looking for is can I use the Iken Vape Fusions on either tank or will the just work with the notcigs tank? I love the fusions and that will be the deal breaker for me I just have been using the Carto that came with the mom and pops tank so I have tried to put a Fusion in there yet. Im hoping it will fit. Thanks for any help....

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I've never tried the Fusions, but I'm interested in trying something different than the boges on my mini sub. Considering you love them, do you have any laying around? Why not just try to fit one and see what happens? Seems to me, if it fits into the gromets, it would work just like any other carto. I'd be interested to know the results. Btw, what is it about the Fusions that you like? Is it flavor? Durability? TH? Combination? I may be interested in trying one. Is it better than a Smoktech 1.7ohm? Those seem to perform better than the boges... especially in the flavor department.

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
I've never tried the Fusions, but I'm interested in trying something different than the boges on my mini sub. Considering you love them, do you have any laying around? Why not just try to fit one and see what happens? Seems to me, if it fits into the gromets, it would work just like any other carto. I'd be interested to know the results. Btw, what is it about the Fusions that you like? Is it flavor? Durability? TH? Combination? I may be interested in trying one. Is it better than a Smoktech 1.7ohm? Those seem to perform better than the boges... especially in the flavor department.

The Fusions have are durable and the flavor are outta this world I will try and update this once my tank is empty to slide a Fusion in.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've never used the fusion so I don't know if it's a filler type carto or a ce2 type carto. If it's a filler type carto, it should work fine in the sub tank. the sub tanks and the tanks from notcigs are similar in that they both have fill ports with screws. The mom and pop sub tanks are (as you know) just polycarb tubes with vinyl grommets.. the notcigs tanks have actual molded endcaps and probably look nicer (if looks is important to you).

edit: I just found this post about putting fusions in a M1A1 tank. The thread is about a diy carto punch (which you might also be interested in) but it shows a fusion with a M1A1 tank as illustration. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

JCB1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
New Jersey
Ok so I have a mom and pops mini sub tank and I am wondering is the notcigs m1a1 tank any better looking to order one more tank. I like the mom and pops tank. I guess what I am looking for is can I use the Iken Vape Fusions on either tank or will the just work with the notcigs tank? I love the fusions and that will be the deal breaker for me I just have been using the Carto that came with the mom and pops tank so I have tried to put a Fusion in there yet. Im hoping it will fit. Thanks for any help....

Can't speak for M&P tank, but I can say, it's like Fusions were made for M1A1 tanks; I only use Fusions and have 2 M1A1s. I also have a Big Daddy Who's Your Mama Stainless Steel tank, but haven't tested the Fusions in it yet.

YetiHunter

May 26, 2011
Chicagoland
IKV fusions work great in a mom and pop tank! I didn't like IKV cartos I tried last year because of the tight filler.
Coincidentally, that very aspect works out well in a tank setting. I kill a carto in a day (well...less), so I'm extra sensitive
to the almost twofold price difference. However, the fusions also happen to hold up just a bit longer, so
it levels out, cost wise. I prefer them over boges, kangers and bloogs in the submarine. Just my opinion, however.
Good news is, you can purchase by the onesy.

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
I kill a carto in a day (well...less), so I'm extra sensitive
to the almost twofold price difference. However, the fusions also happen to hold up just a bit longer, so
it levels out, cost wise. I prefer them over boges, kangers and bloogs in the submarine.

Wut? What do you mean "you kill a carto in a day". You mean you use a whole carto, or you only get one day's life out of a carto? If the former, that's not unusual at all. If the latter... you're doing something very wrong. :\ My CCV Resurrector cartomizers last me, on average, 6 weeks a piece. That's no fluke either... my first four each lasted that long. If you're going through one a day, that's the worst advert for them I've heard of. :| Just saying.

I have an m1a1 tank and am now using 1.25ohm dual coil 3-pre-punched flanged cartomizers. Working beautifully. More flavor, more heat, but less vapor, than the Resurrectors. I'd totally recommend the m1a1. I looked at the mom-and-pop tanks but preferred the ends of the m1a1. One thing is for sure, I won't be going back to non-fill-port tanks. :)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The fusions work in any tank the Boges work in pretty much, as long as there is a whole on the top and bottom and the poly tank size is right, meaning not to tall, they work, and work well. They also stop the tank from sliding downward, your gonna need the adapter 510-801.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread