Tank won't open... stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
Hey I (used to) have the same problem---wondered if perhaps I created more suction than a black hole and thought I was going to blow a muscle out of my back trying to unscrew them.

I have one of those rubbery jar grippers that I sometimes use or also some thick rubber bands can work.
You can CAREFULLY use a pair of pliers to unscrew the bottom SLOWLY.

However the main thing is to not overtighten the base when you reassemble in the first place.
The silicon ring at the bottom seals very well and you simply don't need to screw it on that tight to begin with.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Also, if it's warm from vaping, let it cool down a bit.

Another trick my family often used for jar tops was to run just the top under hot water while trying your best to keep the hot water away from the glass. Does wonders for jars. Haven't had to use it on my Mini yet, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

H0llyw00d

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2014
GA
That happened to me all the time with my Nautilus tank. I used pliers (carefully). Happened with my Kangertech tanks a few times too. I was being careful not to tighten the tanks too much already and it took me a while to learn why they were getting stuck. What I've found is this usually occurs when liquid get into the threads. In between cleaning I use a piece of paper towel to clean any excess juice from the threads when re filling or changing coils. Works for me!

LairdDrambeg

Dec 26, 2014
NJ
Aspire knows about this and in their manual suggests tightening the top cap first which doesn't really help much but in their Tech Support Forum they also recommend using a drop of eliquid to lubricate the gasket, which helps a lot - spin it back ans forwards a few times and eventually it gets much easier with each refill cycle. There is less of a problem with the SS T-tank since ir has a gasket which mates with the silicone gasket on the bottom hardware.

mashad

Nov 5, 2014
Orange, CA
Thanks everyone! This was very helpful. I guess I was closing it too tightly because I was afraid of leakage, but your responses are very reassuring that I don't need to close the tank too tightly. I had a friend open the tank for me since I literally thought my skin was going to rip off, so I'll be sure not to close it too tightly from here on forward. Thanks for your help everyone!

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Welcome to ECF,

Warm water will loosen almost any tank, the only issue is that materials expand at different rates so you would have to bring the atomizer up slowly to avoid thermal stress. Once its warm then it should be easy to remove any stuck atomizer without any issues.
Trust me, I learned the hard way about thermal expansion after an aspire tank shattered on me once and then after a replacement was secured I did the same thing (locked down the top cap, again) and tried the method above, it worked no problem.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Another tip is to keep a little juice on the silicone 'donut' and the rim of the glass. This is one place where 'too clean' can cause a problem.
    Also refill when your juice is half full , there will be less vacuum in the tank making it easier to unscrew.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread