The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New vaper need serious help with my tank (its stuck closed)

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Loves, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Loves

Loves Full Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Mississauga,On,CA
    I recently started vaping less than a week ago, also upgraded my ego-c twist to a evic and my protank 2 mini to a Aspire Nautilus. I gave my older tanks/batteries to my friends and my t3's got ruined yesterday. I filled up 3ml in my Nautilus yesterday and it's over today, I'm unable to open the tank at all.

I've tried to open it from the top, the bottom, everything, it won't work. my Nautilus is stuck closed, its hard to grip from the bottom because of the air-flow control system, but it feels like the tank somehow became air-tight from inside and i can't find any way to open it. I tried to use pliers to grip the parts but they just slide off, tried using my shirt and what not for extra grip but nothings working for me. I ordered a iclear 30b but that's not going to be here until Wednesday and i don't have any spare tanks. :( Help please?

Summary: my nautilus is stuck, it won't open, i can't refill it.

2. SunnySC

SunnySC Full Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Clemson, SC
    #1, don't ever give your backups away. ;) Sorry I'm not much use beyond that.

3. Spazmelda

Spazmelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Maybe try putting it in the freezer for 15-20 min. Sometimes that helps loosen things up.

4. drummerskey

drummerskey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They sell rubber jar opening grips at Wal-Mart.............maybe with two, you could get a better grip on the tank?

5. Spazmelda

Spazmelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I was just going back to say try a rubber gripper thing.

6. papeshfoo

papeshfoo Full Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Joliet, IL
    I made the mistake of over tightening my Nautilus the first day I had it, and it was a BI**H to get it open. I closed the air hole and ran it under hot water for a few to heat the juice up around the rubber grommet the gripped it the best I could around the glass and it came free.

You cant take the top off unless the bottom is off first...just an FYI

7. Loves

Loves Full Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Mississauga,On,CA
    Managed to get it open, i pushed the bottom part against the glass and gripped the glass nearly tight (was seriously afraid it was about to break and slice my fingers), not going to be making that mistake again. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

8. SPACKlick

SPACKlick Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Durham, UK
    Just as a heads up, the iClear 30b can suffer the same issue because the entire surface seems to be friction resistant, I've started keeping the fingertips off an old set of washing up gloves in my carry case for days where I just can't crack 'er open.

9. Katcandoo

Katcandoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    Rubber jar openers and pliers are my friend. :D

10. SPACKlick

Feb 7, 2014
    Durham, UK
    Always worry about bending something with pliers. I once made an awful mess with a toilet and a pipe wrench using a similar principle so I hesitate to apply leverage on screw based liquid blockers. Friction all the way [ymmv]

11. Coelli

Coelli Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you have a pair of kitchen gloves, those are fantastic for gripping things when they won't open otherwise, especially since they make both hands grippy. They are the only things that will open my eBaron Pro dripper. Bonus: Won't scar the metal. :)

I actually learned this tip from my boyfriend, a mechanic. :toast:

12. ValorShop
    This message by ValorShop has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 11, 2014, Reason: unregistered supplier.
    Feb 11, 2014
  13. Cloud79

Cloud79 Full Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Archer, Fl. USA
    Never have that problem with a Protank 3. Never had any problems with a Protank 3 now that I think about it... Only that sweet juice is hard on the dual coils.

14. SPACKlick

Feb 7, 2014
    Durham, UK
    Yeah, with small parts like PV's have you don't actually need the whole glove, just cut the fingers/fingertips off two finger and thumbs and you can fit those in most PV carry cases.

15. iamzg

iamzg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Pennsylvania, USA
    It's all about the right tool for the job. I've found sometimes nothing but a good pair of channel locks works. You can put a rag or paper towel around the surface and loosely turn the channel locks u til they bite down to avoid marking up your tank, mod, etc.

16. Loves

Loves Full Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Mississauga,On,CA
    Ugh, same thing happened again, No idea why i guess it automatically seals after a bit? Idk. I soaked it under running hot water for 20 minutes as someone suggested earlier but i think the main problem is getting a grip (The only rubber kept in this household is lubricated). It's in the freezer now, this is probably the worst thing to happen lol, i love this tank but 2/3 times i've had to open to refill it it won't open easily. I ordered Iclear30b's and they should be arriving in a few hours, but someone said they have the same problem? This is going to be rough.

17. brawas

brawas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2014
    GTA, Canada
    those yellow dishwashing gloves do the trick everytime! Grip is the key.

18. Bungoleracing

Bungoleracing Full Member Verified Member

I find anything with an o-ring needs some constant pressure, not just a quick twist but firm pressure and you will find it will start to give. As above though, grip is the key also :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. GPC2012

GPC2012 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2014
    Reedley Ca
    I bought two small cheap pairs of channel locks and coated grip area with silicon caulking. basically I coated in rubber works like a dream.

20. brawas

brawas Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2014
    GTA, Canada
    Another trick: Saran Wrap around the glass. Works every time. Grip is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Bigbeaz

Bigbeaz New Member

I just got one a month ago and I find that two thick rubber bands will do the trick. One on the tank and one on the base.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.