New vaper need serious help with my tank (its stuck closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loves

Jan 16, 2014
Mississauga,On,CA
I recently started vaping less than a week ago, also upgraded my ego-c twist to a evic and my protank 2 mini to a aspire Nautilus. I gave my older tanks/batteries to my friends and my t3's got ruined yesterday. I filled up 3ml in my Nautilus yesterday and it's over today, I'm unable to open the tank at all.

I've tried to open it from the top, the bottom, everything, it won't work. my Nautilus is stuck closed, its hard to grip from the bottom because of the air-flow control system, but it feels like the tank somehow became air-tight from inside and i can't find any way to open it. I tried to use pliers to grip the parts but they just slide off, tried using my shirt and what not for extra grip but nothings working for me. I ordered a iclear 30b but that's not going to be here until Wednesday and i don't have any spare tanks. :( Help please?

Summary: my nautilus is stuck, it won't open, i can't refill it.

papeshfoo

Feb 3, 2014
Joliet, IL
I made the mistake of over tightening my Nautilus the first day I had it, and it was a BI**H to get it open. I closed the air hole and ran it under hot water for a few to heat the juice up around the rubber grommet the gripped it the best I could around the glass and it came free.

You cant take the top off unless the bottom is off first...just an FYI

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
If you have a pair of kitchen gloves, those are fantastic for gripping things when they won't open otherwise, especially since they make both hands grippy. They are the only things that will open my eBaron Pro dripper. Bonus: Won't scar the metal. :)

I actually learned this tip from my boyfriend, a mechanic. :toast:

ValorShop

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 18, 2013
Tempe, AZ
www.valorvapor.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

iamzg

ECF Veteran
Always worry about bending something with pliers. I once made an awful mess with a toilet and a pipe wrench using a similar principle so I hesitate to apply leverage on screw based liquid blockers. Friction all the way [ymmv]
It's all about the right tool for the job. I've found sometimes nothing but a good pair of channel locks works. You can put a rag or paper towel around the surface and loosely turn the channel locks u til they bite down to avoid marking up your tank, mod, etc.

Loves

Jan 16, 2014
Mississauga,On,CA
Ugh, same thing happened again, No idea why i guess it automatically seals after a bit? Idk. I soaked it under running hot water for 20 minutes as someone suggested earlier but i think the main problem is getting a grip (The only rubber kept in this household is lubricated). It's in the freezer now, this is probably the worst thing to happen lol, i love this tank but 2/3 times i've had to open to refill it it won't open easily. I ordered Iclear30b's and they should be arriving in a few hours, but someone said they have the same problem? This is going to be rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread