Tanks for the eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersonaNonSmoka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Try an Ismoka BBC on an Evic. They're beautiful! Kanger Protank, Evod and vivi nova are pretty nice, too. I use my iclear 30 for my Vamo.

I've got three of these myself. When I'm not using the IgoL rda, these are my go to. They fit the Evic nicely and I get good performance. I always remove at least one or two of the flavor wicks or else it doesn't seem to wick to the coil correctly. It is a tight draw, however, so keep that in mind.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
I love it! I loaded some 100% VG juice from Velvet Cloud into an eVod and WOW! The best vaping experience I have had yet! Great flavor, big throat hit, and a huge cloud of Vapor.

I want to try the iSmoka. Any recommendations on replacement coils--1.8, 2.2, or 2.5 ohm? Sadly, I don't know enough to know the difference.

Hope you enjoy it, I know I love mine!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
I love it! I loaded some 100% VG juice from Velvet Cloud into an eVod and WOW! The best vaping experience I have had yet! Great flavor, big throat hit, and a huge cloud of Vapor.

I want to try the iSmoka. Any recommendations on replacement coils--1.8, 2.2, or 2.5 ohm? Sadly, I don't know enough to know the difference.

i always go for the lowest resistance

i always go for the lowest resistance

Not always the lowest resistance is best, I recoil my protank and protank 2, traditional coiling 1.5 to 1.8 ohm 6.0 to 7.0 watts (32 gauge kanthal with 4 to 5 wraps) the best but if you coil micro coil for my experience 2.0 to 2.2 ohm with 4.5 to around 5.5 watts (32 gauge Kanthal wire with 6 to 8 wraps to 1.5mm Diameter coil) is the best, battery life can last longer too....

PersonaNonSmoka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'm using a Pro Tank II on mine with a 2.5 ohm coil. I've got it set at 5.8 watts / 3.80 volts and primarily vape 30/70 juices. I'm still looking for more vapor and better throat hit. What am I missing, do i need a different tank or to just tweak my settings?

You're throat hit will most likely be diminished with a 30/70 mix, but with a 2.5 ohm coil, I would crank the power up....try ratcheting it up a bit at a time until you hit the sweet spot. It will be different for different juices as well.

Midnight Toker

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2009
Los Angeles
You're throat hit will most likely be diminished with a 30/70 mix, but with a 2.5 ohm coil, I would crank the power up....try ratcheting it up a bit at a time until you hit the sweet spot. It will be different for different juices as well.
Interesting... I just refilled with a 70/30 and there is a better TH and a bit more vapor. I can't go much higher without getting the burnt taste. 5.8 watts / 3.80 volts seems to be the sweetspot for me.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
You guys should try a coil rebuild with cotton, I can crank my Power to 7.5 W and get good vape... This is on my PT, awesome vape... Less cotton = more vape...

Just make sure you lay down some flavor wicks with cotton on top of the coil to prevent leaks... Also, if you replace your wick, let it soak after filling the tank, for about half an hour... Dry burns with cotton DOES NOT taste good... :)

PersonaNonSmoka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Interesting... I just refilled with a 70/30 and there is a better TH and a bit more vapor. I can't go much higher without getting the burnt taste. 5.8 watts / 3.80 volts seems to be the sweetspot for me.

I'm wondering if the 30/70 just flat isn't wicking properly into the protank. Too thick maybe?

But hell...if 5.8/3.80 is the sweet spot, then I say stay in it!:toast:

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I see lots of recommendations for clearomizers, but unless I've missed it, none for carto tanks. I've got a couple of the "new" o-ringed original ProTanks (like the look a lot better than the II), but for some juices, I prefer laser-slotted Boge LR 510 cartos (from surevapes) in an IBTanked carto tank. The 19 mm is about the same width and holds about the same volume of juice as a ProTank in the standard carto length (which I use), and more with the XL cartos. You can try/learn cartos with a 5-pack of unpunched ones.

Don't use my Evic as much as I used to since I got my Reo, but I was using a Phiniac tank with a atmistique diver rba.
y5e6atam.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Maggie3199

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Ohio
Protanks and the like look awesome on evics. I use Evods a lot too, but they look funky. If you use evods, get a ego to 510 adapter to save your 510 threads and to raise them up so that they are more functional (I hate the recessed ego threading with evods.) I just got a tatroe - haven't tried it yet, but I bet it makes the evic top heavy!

Where did you get your tatroe and is it made especially for the evic or is it just "standard"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread