Leaky Tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
So I’m not new to vaping but did take a break for a few years because I got fed up. I am getting to that point again! I have 4 tanks and last night I put new coils in all of them and let them sit overnight with airflow closed.

I vaped on my Crown OG all day and it was constantly popping. I fixed that and now went to pick up my Smok Prince tank and half of the juice had leaked out. I looked at my Smok Big Baby Beast tank and noticed it’s leaking as well. The Tobeco Super Mini tank is the only one that didn’t leak. They were all sitting upright.

Anyone know why this happens or how to remedy it?

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
This issue causes, that I have a big boks filled with for me unusable tanks. I make my coils myself. The only exception is my Nautilus 2. Beside the Nautilus, I only use Kayfun's for MTL. They are leak free.
For the DTL, I use the OBS Engine Nano, TFV12 RBA and I'm waiting for the Zeus (GeekVape).
In my opinion the issue is also directly related to the juice thickness. The more PG, the thinner juice and more chance for leaking.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
This issue causes, that I have a big boks filled with for me unusable tanks. I make my coils myself. The only exception is my Nautilus 2. Beside the Nautilus, I only use Kayfun's for MTL. They are leak free.
For the DTL, I use the OBS Engine Nano, TFV12 RBA and I'm waiting for the Zeus (GeekVape).
In my opinion the issue is also directly related to the juice thickness. The more PG, the thinner juice and more chance for leaking.

All of my juices are 70vg 30pg

Reactions: stols001

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I vape with SMOK TFV8 tanks and they are notorious for leaking. The first time I tried one, juice leaked everywhere.

I set out to learn how to fix it and discovered that it could be for many reasons. Since the airflow is at the bottom of the Baby Beasts it can be a challenge and that type of design is prone to leaking.

First thing is to look at your coil. If there's a gap near the o-ring seal, that might be why. This video can show you more:

I get coils with gaps like that often and I just tap them down on a flat area until I seal the gap or fix them like he is doing.

Once you've made sure your coil is tightened in well and you put in your juice, make sure the top swivel is shut tight and the tank is screwed down well (but not TOO tight).

In order for them not to leak, you have to create a vacuum inside the tank. So if you see any seals with problems that could be that too.

Tbh, it can be quite a hassle but once you know what to expect at least you can get a routine down. I hope that helps! And YouTube has tons of videos to refer to if you need some more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread