Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
In my opinion a clearomizer is somewhat similar to a tank, and by tank ofcourse I mean something like the TubeTank, LavaTank or the Boge F-16 tanks etc. etc. and then with the Clearomizers we have such like the Visons and Smoketech Redux and so on and so fourth so I was wondering what you guys like and/or dislike about the two or any other tanks or clearos for that matter. I have 2 ego twist 1000 mah batteries and on one I have the smoketech redux rebuildable clearomizer and the other has the Boge F-16 and I like both but I think I get better flavor with the F-16. However these are the only two things I've ever used so far on my egos being a newbie to vaping and all so I dont have too much to compare them too as of yet so thats why I figued I'd ask you guys your thoughts and see what you like using.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have never had luck with a stardust/ce type clearo, I think out of the close to dozen diff types I have tried, only one type didnt leak, clog or some other crap. tanks are nice just for volume of fluid, find the right ones and you may never try anything else, im trying all kinds of stuff all the time but one of my fav's right now is the Smoktek Titan. boomin fire extinguisher clouds out of it, one of the few things I have that's still able to choke me out lol..

of course there are split tanks. carto tanks, atty tanks, all kinds of stuff, to buy alot at once seems like a drain, but if you pick up an item or two every couple weeks/month the 20-30 bucks isnt so bad and you may find something you really really like.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I used and liked Smokeless Image X2s and their clearomizers (These are essentially eGo type batteries with an 808 thread). Would occassionally get some leakage from the bottom or from a crack from accidental abuse. Then I filled a new clearomizer with a bakery ladies' strawberry-lemonade flavor and within minutes it had totally melted in my hand. That started my quest for pyrex tanks.

In case you weren't aware, there are some e-liquid flavors that can have a chemical reaction with the polycarbonate tubes of tanks and clearomizers. These flavors can crack, melt, or otherwise ruin your tanks. There is a list of these flavors in this link that continues to be updated:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tanks/219179-lets-make-list-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-29.html#post7203876

The above incident was just before I advanced to using mods and cartotanks. I use cartomizer tanks 99% of the time currently. 1% of the time I'm using ce3s just to test sample flavors.

I haven't found anything else that can beat a cartotank's flavor, or the all day convenience of not needing to refill a tank, or the ability to carry 3-7ml of juice in one device.

I use pyrex glass tanks almost exclusively, aside from a few polypropylene tubed tanks that are also immune to the volatile juices. There are more and more vendors recently coming onto the scene that are offering inexpensive pyrex glass-tubed tanks.
_____

I've tried the Smoktech Titans, a vivi nova clone. Although I liked the easy fill tops, they lacked the ability to provide the flavor that my cartotanks allow me.

I've been browsing the rebuildable atty (RBA) threads and am encouraged by the positive reports these are getting. I suspect that these may lead the way to the future by becoming the best juice/flavor delivery system. For the time being, they are too expensive and fiddley for the masses.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'm still confused as to how Cartos / Attys / Clearos all work.
I have a clearo as my first setup (a month now) and have had little issues except for when it's almost empty I get that nasty burnt taste and the minor leak prior to filling it up.
Anyone that has a link to a grade 5 explanation of this would be awesome, haha.

carto: the cig filter looking cartridge, filled with fiber and you fill them up.
Atty: a small device for dripping fluids you put 2-4 drops in the tube/head/device and get 4-5 puffs -drip and repeat.
clearos; usually small about 1.6 to 2.0 ml of fluid, has a wick inside and can sometimes run dry when close to empty, or sucking too much/fast.
tank, many styles but there are tank fed cartos, wick style tanks like giant clearos and tank fed atomizers.

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
I have a clearo as my first setup (a month now) and have had little issues except for when it's almost empty I get that nasty burnt taste and the minor leak prior to filling it up.

Sounds like you need a new one if it taste burnt.

The Wizard of Odd

Nov 10, 2012
TN
I have tried SO many plastic tanks, and many of them are top notch. My "go-to" tank was the Vivi Nova for quite some time. Then i stumbled upon Ray and his Valley Vapes' borosilicate tanks. HOLY FRIJIOLES! The 7ml sidewinder is the absolute pinnacle of tankage!

side note: I am not paid by, nor affiliated with Valley Vapes in any way, shape, form or fashion (though Ray, if you're reading , I COULD be bribed with the proper Pyrex, lol).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just a word up about the Triple V pyrex tanks that Ray sells at Valley View Vapes. Unless you order the sidewinder version which has the side fill hole, the other tanks come with silicone grommets and no end caps. These grommets fit extremely tight and make normal filling of the tank by sliding the carto up and down near impossible.

To fill these, you will need a blunt needle and syringe. There is a learning curve to this, because inserting the needle between either the grommet and the glass or cartomizer will push the surrounding part of the grommet into the tank with it. You will then need to use a tool to tease the grommet back into place. I found this to be a PITA. I then bought the delrin endcaps (Ray has since changed to aluminum ones) which allows filling the tanks like any other carto tank.

So my recommendation is if you are interested in these tanks, get either the sidewinder version or buy the additional metal endcaps with your tank purchase. Just my :2c:

I do like these tanks for a larger-sized mod like my Silver Bullet. They look very nice and the 7ml are a LOT of juice.

VVV-7ml-tank2.jpg Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG
Triple V with silicone grommets / same tank with metal endcaps

Last edited:

catoliver

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2012
South Carolina

I top off my clearo when it's half empty and I don't get that burnt taste anymore.

klbiggs26

Nov 11, 2012
Rockford, IL
I like the flavor and vapor from a basic, plastic, dc tank...but dealing with flooding cartos can be a pain. I've recently tried the Kanger T2, Vision CE5, and the Vivi Nova, I like these as well...but, dealing with the plastic taste (using the standard 2.4 ohms head) every few drags is really frustrating to say the least. At this point, I'm not too happy with reg. tanks or clearomizers and am feeling kind of lost.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I like the flavor and vapor from a basic, plastic, dc tank...but dealing with flooding cartos can be a pain. I've recently tried the Kanger T2, Vision CE5, and the Vivi Nova, I like these as well...but, dealing with the plastic taste (using the standard 2.4 ohms head) every few drags is really frustrating to say the least. At this point, I'm not too happy with reg. tanks or clearomizers and am feeling kind of lost.

Maybe try a different brand of cartomizer and a pyrex tank. Some carto brands are more notorious to flood than others (ie. Smoktech). Vaping technique can cause flooding, also. Slow, gentle draws work best on a carto tank; hard pulls draws too much juice into the carto too quickly and cause flooding. Pyrex tanks totally eliminate any plastic taste and are immune to all volatile flavors.

I recommend some Ikenvape Platinum cartos and a $20 pyrex carto tank from IBTanked.

IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

https://www.ikenvape.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1860

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread