Clearos vs cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
CAREFUL THE stardust tanks aren,t warm to vape and Taste very plasticky. I bought 6 and they just sit there. I only use the smoketech tanks with changeable crank cartomisers...very rm, tasty vape..

Did you get the new versions? Are you sure they're genuine? Vision is plagued by knockoffs. They're all over the place. Plasticky is from insufficient wicking, and primer residue. The new ones are supposed ot have addressed that problem. They probably still need some break in and tweaking when they're new.

Carto tanks are great, but with thick juice and a kGo, you have to do something about that microscopic hole and you better have LR single coil cartos.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
yup I've been buying vg nic base from good prophets & it is thinned w/dist water (i do believe)&
I bought vg nic base from void mist last year that was vg thinned w/pga ... serious throat hit there ...

I used to thin tho ...& it doesn't mess with nic content or flavoring ...
as long as you pre-thin & then just use it as you would normal vg ....calculations wise

pg is bad stuff.... :unsure: it gives me HIVES !!! ......so it does happen .

I have not noticed any plasticy taste on any of the stardust I have tried (gotvapesVisons)

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I don't find them to taste like plastic, just muted.

Muted. A symptom of insufficient wicking and maybe airyness. Does your stardust feel like you're sucking air? Or, do you get plenty of vapor, just no taste?
VG mutes flavors, but the makers of 100% VG juice will compensate for it in their recipes. Bobas and RYO are both good juices.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
yup I've been buying vg nic base from good prophets & it is thinned w/dist water (i do believe)&
I bought vg nic base from void mist last year that was vg thinned w/pga ... serious throat hit there ...

I used to thin tho ...& it doesn't mess with nic content or flavoring ...
as long as you pre-thin & then just use it as you would normal vg ....calculations wise

pg is bad stuff.... :unsure: it gives me HIVES !!! ......so it does happen .

I have not noticed any plasticy taste on any of the stardust I have tried (gotvapesVisons)
Oh, no. Thinning the base or the VG doesn't mess with the flavor if you're making your own. Thinning can do that if you're adding water to a pre-mixed juice.

I went from 100%VG to 50/50 and got hives. Then, I went back to 100% VG and got sick of the issues with thick juice. So I tried 20%VG and didn't have a problem. I upped it to 30% and still didn't have a problem, so that's where I'm staying. Few people are allergic to ANY PG. A decent number are sensitive to too much of it. PG is used in all kinds of food and beverages. Most people with a true allergy to it, find out at a young age. They can't even use a lot of toothpastes. People who are merely intolerant of large quantities don't find out until they start exposing themselves to large quantities.

MariB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Georgia
I've sat here puffing on one trying to decide what it is. I'm actually wondering if the difference is that the Boge is LR. The Stardust.. er Clearomizer is a 2.5-2.9 ohm. Right now I have the Boba's (24mg) on the stardust. I haven't tried this juice in the Boge carto. Before I got this in, I had the RY-4 in both. It was just better in the Boge.

Honestly, dont laugh at me but it's almost hard to taste anything with this nicotine burning my tongue.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
That 2.5-2.9 is on the high side for a 3.7V clearomizer. If your stardust is 2.7ohms, you're only getting 5 watts. That's not very good. If you're Boge is 2ohms, it's giving you 6.8 Watts. That's a significant improvement over the 5 watts you're probably getting with the stardust. I'm vaping with a 2.8-3.0 Fluxomizer right now and my PV is set on 4.7V. If it's 2.9ohms, I'm vaping at 7.6 watts and it's great. So, get a lower resistance stardust and a little thinner juice, and you should be golden.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I feel dumb that it never occurred to me that you might be using what is pretty close to a standard resistance. Duh!!
That pretty much explains everything. A lower resistance will be burning hotter, so you probably should still try some thinner juice. If you're getting dry hits or having wicking issues now, they'll be worse with a hotter coil. But it still might not hurt to try the Bobas with the new carto. I haven't used Bobas and it might not be as thick as I'm thinking it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread