Temperature Control -- Worth the Hype or a Gimmick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
As a lower wattage tank vaper using mainly factory coils and having visible juice levels, I haven't had a dry hit in recent memory. As a result, I am not in a hurry to buy into the current generation of TC devices, but will welcome that feature in the future should it become wire independent, consistent and work with my preferred toppers. If I want to use a tank where I cannot see juice levels, it would come in handy.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
It isn't a gimmick, works fine. I think a more accurate question would be is it worth the trouble? A good build, well wicked, etc., in Kanthal or nickel gives the same vape, and nickel takes more time/care, is less forgiving on connections and atty's. To each his own . . .

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Maybe if you're bad at building coils.

There has been no shortage of people who have struggled with doing reliable builds for temperature protection that have had a long, successful track record of doing Kanthal builds. Anyone new to temperature protection deserves to know this before spending their hard-earned money on a temperature protected device.

I've sampled at least one head out of six boxes of manufactured heads for the Subtank and two boxes for the Nautilus. All that I have used have worked reliably. The ones I have not used all have nicely spaced wraps.

However, my Subtank Mini's build deck was nearly 1 mm. short of connecting to the base. The replacement base and deck has just a so-so connection. That makes me wonder if someone having issues with prebuilt heads might have a base that is not made well enough to make a solid connection with the heads rather than the issue being a case of bad heads.

Reactions: dr g

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
There has been no shortage of people who have struggled with doing reliable builds for temperature protection that have had a long, successful track record of doing Kanthal builds. Anyone new to temperature protection deserves to know this before spending their hard-earned money on a temperature protected device.

I've sampled at least one head out of six boxes of manufactured heads for the Subtank and two boxes for the Nautilus. All that I have used have worked reliably. The ones I have not used all have nicely spaced wraps.

However, my Subtank Mini's build deck was nearly 1 mm. short of connecting to the base. The replacement base and deck has just a so-so connection. That makes me wonder if someone having issues with prebuilt heads might have a base that is not made well enough to make a solid connection with the heads rather than the issue being a case of bad heads.

Great info to pass along.... many have said the same thing about the Mini's build deck in other forums.... I use the ST nano with prebuilt heads and have had no issues with it...

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Direct control of temperature has profound advantages in every vapibng application. Saying it doesn't matter with low watts or with a tank is like saying a car doesn't need brakes if it has a weak engine or if there are no other cars around.
no it isn't- bad analogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread