Tasty Puff safe for vaping? remotely good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwball

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Qtown
The only E-juice my local shop carries is Tasty Puff, which is a brand I have never heard of before today and was curious if it is A) safe and B) even remotely worth buying.

the ingredients listed on there site is:
Tasty Puff E-juice Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, non-flavor ingredients include ethyl alcohol

narcotic

May 25, 2014
Switzerland
The problem with liquids, Tasty Puff or not, is mainly Formaldehyde. In HALO Liquids they found the same amount of Formaldehyde like in a tobacco cigarette. One never knows which one is good and which one not. We (national TV Station) tested (at University) some liquids from all over the world and some had no Formaldehyde at all but HALO was the worst in this testing. It is not only PG and VG in the end. Of course it is much better for health to not smoke but vape this is my personal physical experience. That`s all i know until now.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
And that's another thing. Some folks are gonna have different opinions on different things and what is good and not good. I can't say too much about a lot of different brands simply because I've never tried them. I can only assume some things because of what others have said. I like FW flavorings and Mt Baker e-liquids but lots of folks don't. It's about finding that thing that works for you and what makes your vaping experience enjoyable. Research and questions are a wonderful thing.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Which is why I am asking questions.
I'm thinking of going with Mt Baker for my first juices simply because they are affordable for getting started and ship to Canada

I think they are great. I don't buy their premixed any more but I still go to them for my DIY flavorings. And Got my MVP2 from them.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
The problem with liquids, Tasty Puff or not, is mainly Formaldehyde. In HALO Liquids they found the same amount of Formaldehyde like in a tobacco cigarette. One never knows which one is good and which one not. We (national TV Station) tested (at University) some liquids from all over the world and some had no Formaldehyde at all but HALO was the worst in this testing. It is not only PG and VG in the end. Of course it is much better for health to not smoke but vape this is my personal physical experience. That`s all i know until now.

Really? Can you link me to the test please? I hadn't heard about this!

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
That thread was before they updated the website and put a new line of E-juice up

I will likley wait and buy some better juice online though

They really did change their website quite a bit. Looks like they see a cash cow opportunity in the e-cig industry. Can't really be mad at em for that.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

Do you have a link to the test results, name of TV station and university? Curious also to know if the bottles (I would assume unopened) of Halo juice were bought direct from Halo in New Jersey?

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Do you have a link to the test results, name of TV station and university? Curious also to know if the bottles (I would assume unopened) of Halo juice were bought direct from Halo in New Jersey?

There is a lot of misinformation, and fake studies floating around these days, and it's to be expected as groups try to justify regulations.

The Formaldehyde problem was found in a "study" (choke-choke) that determined that high voltage vaping was dangerous, and produced large quantities of Formaldehyde.
    What they failed to mention in their press release was that they were using a 2.2 ohm top coil clearomizer at 4.8v.

So all their "study" proved was that top coil clearos don't wick well, and that dry hits really do taste bad.

Last edited:

narcotic

May 25, 2014
    Switzerland

Had to search for the Vid: Kassensturz Bericht über E-Zigarette - YouTube
    It is in Swissgerman unfortunatly but some Graphics are shown. Here is a PDF with the testing results:
    http://www.srf.ch/sendungen/kassens...0/version/2/file/testtabelle_e_zigaretten.pdf

Hope this helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread