Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
i JUST checked out tasty vapor and as you can all tell i'm BRAND new to the world of vapping...

Welcome to ECF, Sachi! I hope that this was just the first of many more posts by you.

First off, i know like nothing. Its pathetic. I'm very very new.

There is nothing "pathetic" about being new! In fact, it can be very exciting. Everyone in ECF was new to vaping* at some point. Most of us within just the past few months.

* It is vaping (i.e., long a, as in ape), not vapping (short a, as in snap, crackle, pop).:D

And we are all learning. For example, I'm pretty proud of my WWV Illustrated Guide (linked in my signature), but (within the past hour) I was confronted with a significant gaff:oops: I made (bearing witness to a ..... in my encyclopedic;) knowledge).

I had the mistaken impression all ecigs were upwards of 70 bucks.

Actually, $70 is not a bad estimate of an upfront investment in vaping. For example, if you go with the most popular model among ECF members, the 510, a starter kit will cost $45-$50 (or more). Add in a PCC for ~$25, and you're already at $70+ ... and you haven't even bought e-liquid yet.

But notice that is an upfront investment. Ongoing purchases of replacement parts and e-liquid would be around $40/month. And contrast that with the cost of a carton of cigarettes ("analogs" to us vapers). Over time, you can save money by vaping instead of smoking, if you don't get carried away (as many of us do) buying the latest and greatest model.

BTW, is Tasty Vapor still in business? I can't access the website. [EDIT: Nevermind. I just noticed Angus' www.tastyvapor.us link.]

Last edited:

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
This is a question about juice, not specifically about Tasty Vapor juice.

I've tried a few chocolate juices and been disappointed in all of them so far - all the ones I have tried have tasted like dry hot chocolate/cocoa powder, when I'm seeking something rich like a Lindt dark chocolate truffle.

Can anyone recommend a 'plain chocolate' juice to vape by itself or bended with another flavor?

I've had several great 'chocolate AND' juices like mint chocolate chip, choclate hazelnut and a few very good mocha juices (altho some have had that 'powdery' taste I've had with 'plain chocolate). But a good rich chocolate would be great by itself, and I'd love to be able to mix a good chocolate with an orange and get that taste of find dried orange peel candy covered in dark chocolate.

I haven't tried a DIY chocolate flavor yet - I thought I'd ordered some but actually ordered another coffee or caramel flavor - so if you can recommend a chocolate juice OR a chocolate DIY flavor, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

sachiaiko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
Rainier, WA
Hey guys, I dont understand why i cant post my own thread. I wanted to ask you some questions but for some reason it wont let me. keeps saying i'm not allowed and i dont know why. I want to buy my ecigs for myself and my brother and his fiance (christmas gifts) and i want to get the right thing but i'm worried i will get the wrong one so i wanted to ask questions. After i pick the ecigs, i'm leaning towards the 510, i am planning on buying some tastyvapors ejuices
hehe

Nikki

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
Hi sachiaiko! Welcome!! The reason you can't post your own thread is because you don't have 15 posts yet. It helps to screen out spammers. So just post 10 more posts and you are good to go. You CAN post right now in the new members section. This is probably a good place to post your questions because a lot of people go there to help newbies!! You will get more answers faster there!! Hope this helps!! :)

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I am only interested in Tastyvapor tobacco flavor...is it any good? Is it comparable to 555 or RY4 flavors? Also...Is ordering from them secure? I don't get the sending a payment email and then getting an invoice deal. I never seen another vendor do this. Thanks in advance.

I ordered some tobacco flavor, and should get it in the mail either today or tomorrow, so I will let you know. There is a review for the tobacco flavor in the e-liquid review section, you might want to check it out.

There is a reason he does the ordering that way. It's so a certain payment provider doesn't drop his account. If you've been following what's been going on over the last few months with other vendors, you'll understand. Geoff is a good guy, so you're safe ordering from him.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I noticed this site mentioned in another topic, and it sounds pretty cool. I am a bit confused, however.

How does this doubler stuff work? Can you mix it 50/50 with non-flavored 48mg nic PG to get 24mg e-juice?

Or would I need to mix this with HIS 48mg e-juice?

You could order just the Doublers and mix it with whatever nic juice you want. I'm sure he won't mind. :)

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I noticed this site mentioned in another topic, and it sounds pretty cool. I am a bit confused, however.

How does this doubler stuff work? Can you mix it 50/50 with non-flavored 48mg nic PG to get 24mg e-juice?

Or would I need to mix this with HIS 48mg e-juice?

Here's some more from Geoff:

Doublers don't have anything to do with flavor strength, it's primary function is cutting higher nicotine e-liquids, essentially doubling your quantities of lower strength liquid WITHOUT losing flavor. It doesn't double flavor strength.

So, Doublers are essentially no-nic juice, and the flavor is regular strength. Mix 50/50 with 48mg flavored juice to get 24mg e-juice.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I just recently got his Tobacco flavor, and I'm liking it. It's a lot different than the tobacco flavors you get from Dekang. It's almost like smoking a cig, but without all the yucky parts. It's really hard to describe, lol. The throat hit is fabulous, and it feels like inhaling smoke. Vapor is awesome (I'm using 50/50 VG/PG).

BigJimW did a video review and talked about the tobacco flavor. You may want to check it out.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Here's some more from Geoff:

Doublers don't have anything to do with flavor strength, it's primary function is cutting higher nicotine e-liquids, essentially doubling your quantities of lower strength liquid WITHOUT losing flavor. It doesn't double flavor strength.

So, Doublers are essentially no-nic juice, and the flavor is regular strength. Mix 50/50 with 48mg flavored juice to get 24mg e-juice.

I think I understand now. Mixing doublers with unflavored would dilute the flavor, would it not? I was kind of thinking of the doublers as perhaps a concentrate. :thumb:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Thank you guys for your input.... I made an order of his tobacco a few days ago and I received it today. All I can say is wow...this thing really taste and smells like tobacco. The vapor is great as well as the throat hit. I really love it. I would definitely recommend Tastyvapor to everyone. It does taste like pipe tobacco which is definitely a good thing.

The only reservations I have is that it seems to be quite thick...I hope it that it won't clog atomizers faster than other eliquids. So far I am having no wicking issues....just enjoying the amazing taste.

radwor

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
san diego
The Almond Joy looked strange in the bottle when I got it. There was nothing in the liquid that made it seem as though there was any chocolate in it. When I smelled it, it didn't smell like there was any chocolate in it, either. The coconut was very strong, as well. I honestly thought that my order for this juice was made without chocolate by mistake. But I went ahead and vaped it anyway. It was surprisingly pretty good. The coconut was strong, as Loranns coconut flavor is pretty potent, but it was a good vape regardless. I talked to Geoff after the fact, and he made a note about it so he knows to lower the amount of coconut flavor a bit for anyone ordering it in the future.

I really like the almond joy from V4L and nhaler, and would like to try from TV. But yours didn't workout? was it close?
thanks

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I really like the almond joy from V4L and nhaler, and would like to try from TV. But yours didn't workout? was it close?
thanks

The coconut flavor was a bit too strong in what he sent me. He said he would tone it down in future orders. I had enough DIY stuff on hand to lighten mine up a bit, and have been vaping it for a while. Very tasty.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
The only reservations I have is that it seems to be quite thick...I hope it that it won't clog atomizers faster than other eliquids. So far I am having no wicking issues....just enjoying the amazing taste.

It looked thick to me, too, but I've been using it for a couple weeks now and haven't had any difficulties with clogging the atomizer. The only issue I've had (and it's not unique to TV) is that the flavor stays in the atomizer for (near as I can tell) forever unless you clean the atomizer in a bath of your choosing.

With some liquids, I can switch the cartridge (I mostly drip) and vape out the previous flavor. Not with the flavors I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread