Tatroes 50w atlas box mod: any owners out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

krobeson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Orange, VA
One small annoyance that I've experienced with the Atlas is that occasionally, when I press the fire button to take a vape, it locks the mod instead. I'm doing a single long press, but it registers as three clicks instead.

Never had that issue, but I have noticed that it can be a pain to get to the menu because the SX350 interprets the the first 3 clicks and sometimes throws it into lock mode while your heading to the menu. My only other complaint would be the screws that hold the door on. I always find myself just swapping the battery out as opposed to charging it on the USB. Anyways...they are a very small hex size. Tatroe was nice enough to supply the allen wrench to get them off, but I'm finding that I am slowly stripping those screws out. No biggie though....just head up to the hardware store and replace them when needed.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
Isn't there a firmware update that doesn't take it to the 60 watts? I know that the atlas doesn't have the wire ga that yihi wants for the 60 watt upgrade and I personally have not reason to pursue that upgrade, but there was another update to the 50watt version that I don't know if I want or not.

Has anyone from the original batch gotten this update? And if so how did you install it?

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
The update is pretty simple. But you don't want to update to the 60 watts unless you have upgraded your wiring to 16 gauge.

If you have the old 50 watt or under version firmware I think it adds a screen flip, removes the 2.5Ω display with no atty and may speedup scrolling through settings but I"m not sure about that because I haven't had the old 50 w to mess with and there's probably a bunch of stuff in the back ground. I don't know of a change log being released to show what all has been changed throughout the different revisions so I'd say if your happy with how it is now there may not be a good enough reason to do an update.

krobeson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Orange, VA
Not sure, but I would definitely keep your name in the hat!! I'm not sure of other retail box mods touting the SX350 board. I do love this thing though!! Wayyyy better than a DNA...not sure why everyone is still flying that banner.

I heard Evolv is doing another chip that is comparable, but that is just speculation and if they are they better get their .... in gear if they want to compete. Hopefully they don't end up like provape and be behind the times!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Wow. I think 100 watts is crazy let alone 200. I don't even use 50 watts on my Atlas. I'm usually in the 30 to 40 range and that's plenty for me.
I also have an evolve DNA 30 and while I like it very much, I prefer the features and the vape experience that my Atlas provides me. I have no issues with the menu system jumping to lock or any other issues with the Atlas. The best thing to do when accessing the menu system is to click smooth, steady and don't click super fast.

MrOcelot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
New Glarus,WI,USA
ive had mine a little over a week and i freaking love my atlas. only one gripe is the split in the top. I'm a dripper and some juice and condensation gets in the split so i have to take the back off every day to dry off that stuff. other than that this is a home run. just got a second sx350 box on Facebook based on the chana box.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
ive had mine a little over a week and i freaking love my atlas. only one gripe is the split in the top. I'm a dripper and some juice and condensation gets in the split so i have to take the back off every day to dry off that stuff. other than that this is a home run. just got a second sx350 box on Facebook based on the chana box.

Is that a custom made to order or are the boxes available now with the right size cutouts? Any links?

MrOcelot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
New Glarus,WI,USA

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california

Is the 2d box you ordered the lightening vapes silver? Looks alot like Cana clone?
I almost got one but got out bid. I could of went for it again but the seller did not show the internals and the Atlas was a proven device, so went with the Atlas. Sure glad I did.

MrOcelot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
New Glarus,WI,USA
Is the 2d box you ordered the lightening vapes silver? Looks alot like Cana clone?
I almost got one but got out bid. I could of went for it again but the seller did not show the internals and the Atlas was a proven device, so went with the Atlas. Sure glad I did.
The one I got was very similar showed the internals looks very clean. A lot like the chana clones but sx350. Talked him down to 135 too! :)

Hmm.... I wonder if that is an issue with the chip or the Atlas. If it's the chip it could maybe be fixed with a firmware update. Might be worth figuring out how to submit some feedback on it.

I think it may be an issue with the button. It does not have a tactile "click" at the point when it activates, and it has a pretty long throw, so it's easy to do a half-press instead of a full press. And sometimes when you do a half press it may be oscillating in between the "on" and "off" state and registering it as multiple clicks.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Never had that issue, but I have noticed that it can be a pain to get to the menu because the SX350 interprets the the first 3 clicks and sometimes throws it into lock mode while your heading to the menu. My only other complaint would be the screws that hold the door on. I always find myself just swapping the battery out as opposed to charging it on the USB. Anyways...they are a very small hex size. Tatroe was nice enough to supply the allen wrench to get them off, but I'm finding that I am slowly stripping those screws out. No biggie though....just head up to the hardware store and replace them when needed.
Pretty sure there us nothing wrong with your mod. It will always show the lock/unlock mode on the third click, but you have to keep the same cadence when pressing the fourth and fifth time or else any delay or slower press will hold it in lock mode. If you're slow or do not press deep enough on the 5 clicks, just wait for the screen to clear and repeat the 5 clicks into the menu.

I doubt there is anything wrong with your chip. Just need to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread