TC Mod question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkuttleBug

May 8, 2013
San Antonio
I am not new to vaping but I found what worked for me years ago and have not looked for anything new since. Please be gentle :) Right now I am using a KangerTech KBOX Mini-C with a SubTank Mini. Using a 1.5 OCC coil at 11W. I love the way that this setup hits as well as the smaller size. I am also however wanting to spread my wings a little and get into something new. I have tried to use sub ohm coil in my set up and just don't like how it hits. I have not done the math to figure out if I could get a similar hit with a sub ohm coil or not. Any help here would be appreciated. I guess my question is if I get a TC mod would I still be able to use the SubTank with the 1.5 OCC coil? Thanks in advance for the help.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh and if I get a TC Mod do I have to use the TC mode or can I use it just like I'm using my KBOX??

Just about Every TC Mod I have seen has the Option to either run it in TC Mode, or to run in Variable Wattage (Power) Mode. So if you get a TC Mod, you Don't have to run TC if you don't want to.

One thing to Note: If you want to run an Atomizer in TC Mode, the Coil wire needs to be either Stainless Steel or Titanium or Nickel.

Kanthal(s) and NiChrome(s) can't work in TC Mode. Only in VW Mode.

Stainless Steel can work in either VW or TC Mode. That is why it is such a Popular Choice. That and it gives (IMO) a Very Clean tasting hit.

SkuttleBug

May 8, 2013
San Antonio
Just about Every TC Mod I have seen has the Option to either run it in TC Mode, or to run in Variable Wattage (Power) Mode. So if you get a TC Mod, you Don't have to run TC if you don't want to.

One thing to Note: If you want to run an Atomizer in TC Mode, the Coil wire needs to be either Stainless Steel or Titanium or Nickel.

Kanthal(s) and NiChrome(s) can't work in TC Mode. Only in VW Mode.

Stainless Steel can work in either VW or TC Mode. That is why it is such a Popular Choice. That and it gives (IMO) a Very Clean tasting hit.
Thanks for the info! How will I know what the wire is made from in the coil, if I don't make them myself? I was trying to see what the occ coils are made of and I cant seem to find that info.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the info! How will I know what the wire is made from in the coil, if I don't make them myself? I was trying to see what the occ coils are made of and I cant seem to find that info.

The Colour of the Bottom Seal tells you what type of coil it is.

It's been awhile since I have used Kanger Coil Heads. So someone should Double Check if this Chart is Correct?

RMLmoPh.jpg

SkuttleBug

May 8, 2013
San Antonio
@Coastal Cowboy can help with STM coil types. They have new coils since I used one. What size mod are you interested in trying?
I like small. I already have a bunch of 18650 batteries so one that would run off of that. I'm using the KBOX now and like how small it is. wouldn't want to go much bigger than that. Have been looking on Fasttech and am looking at the Freemax Conqueror 80W TC VW APV and the Simeiyue SMY75 Mini 75W TC VW APV.

They seem smaller and easy battery change. Don't have to unscrew anything to get the battry in.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Conqueror looks nice and I've seen good reviews on it (video review below). It's on my "Hmmm list."

You shouldn't have any problems with the STM on that device

@zoiDman's post is up to date on the xOCC series. There is a ceramic coil out there too, but it's Kanthal wired. Never tried it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
  • Useful
Reactions: Letitia

SkuttleBug

May 8, 2013
San Antonio
The Conqueror looks nice and I've seen good reviews on it (video review below). It's on my "Hmmm list."

You shouldn't have any problems with the STM on that device

@zoiDman's post is up to date on the xOCC series. There is a ceramic coil out there too, but it's Kanthal wired. Never tried it.

Ok im out of the lingo....what is STM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread