Kbox issue just happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
Just Rewicked the rta in my Subtank Plus on the Kbox started vaping after a dozen pulls it stopped working checked the build .6 ohms read fine on my ohm meter checked all the screws rewicked again nothing lights flash on the Kbox. Swapped over to the Subtank Mini same thing even tried the OCC stock .5 ohm coils nothing. For laughs screwed my Protank 2 on it and it works fine :-x, went back and tried the subtanks again nothing.

Tried moving the pin on the Kbox seems to be fine not stuck.

Any Ideas?

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Just Rewicked the rta in my Subtank Plus on the Kbox started vaping after a dozen pulls it stopped working checked the build .6 ohms read fine on my ohm meter checked all the screws rewicked again nothing lights flash on the Kbox. Swapped over to the Subtank Mini same thing even tried the OCC stock .5 ohm coils nothing. For laughs screwed my Protank 2 on it and it works fine :-x, went back and tried the subtanks again nothing.

Tried moving the pin on the Kbox seems to be fine not stuck.

Any Ideas?
Sorry to hear that – the exact same thing happened to my Kbox. Anything with a resistance lower than around 1.5 ohms would cause it to do the series of 15 flashes of the indicator light which indicates the resistance is too low for it to fire. Tried several fully-charged batteries (Samsung 25R, LE HE2 and HE4) with the same result.

It would usually fire 1.5+ ohm builds but even those were hit and miss – sometimes fine; other times no go.

It happened within a month of getting it, so I was able to return it to the vendor (Vapor Beast). After they got it they said the board was defective and I got a replacement Kbox. So far, that’s been working fine. Had it for about 2 weeks. On the plus side, I got the black one instead of the silver version I initially had, and the battery plug seems to be easier to deal with than it was on the silver.

Given the price I’m fine with this being a “disposable” mod, but I hope that I’ll be able to get several months of use out if it rather than just one.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
This is the same problem I had with two Kboxes in a row. My guess is that the battery pin insulator is getting squished and randomly deforms enough to short out. I gave up and replaced it with a Sigelei Mini. Shame though, I really liked the design and function of the Kbox.

Reactions: sando7

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
Was looking at it again last night Making sure the pin was free tried wraping a wire around to see if I could pull it up and noticed like a white mini o-ring loose around the pin. It came out and it looks like it ripped off something.

Now one of the subtanks works on it, but the other doesn't both with the same builds. Now I am wondering if that rubber came/ripped off the one tank from under the pin because it looks a little ragged under the pin. But that one still works on my mech. Gonna have to play and see If I can figure out which one is giving me the problem the subtank Plus or the Kbox.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Was looking at it again last night Making sure the pin was free tried wraping a wire around to see if I could pull it up and noticed like a white mini o-ring loose around the pin. It came out and it looks like it ripped off something.

Now one of the subtanks works on it, but the other doesn't both with the same builds. Now I am wondering if that rubber came/ripped off the one tank from under the pin because it looks a little ragged under the pin. But that one still works on my mech. Gonna have to play and see If I can figure out which one is giving me the problem the subtank Plus or the Kbox.
I just received a kbox.,was just going store it for the apocalypse.It was 17bucks but I try using it for a while.Sound like the oring came from your tank.I do suspect your 510.Lets us know what you find.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
i got mine about 2 weeks ago from the same vaporbeast deal... love the thing. it has given me issues where it wouldnt fire.. but it was ALWAYS due to a screw that wasn't tightened all the way. ive used this thing exclusively since I got it as well...

really impressed with it.

fwiw, ive heard/read people say they replaced the insulator in the kbox and it was great after that.

Reactions: sando7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread