Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaywardMage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
www.linkedin.com
I'm having issues with my original Buzz (first time in nearly 2 years!). I get the same behavior as others have mentioned, where I hit the fire button and all I get is the red LED lighting up. I checked the output with my multi-meter and it's showing 8.3v. It was my understanding that the Buzz didn't even go that high, so I'm pretty sure something is messed up somewhere.

• I've got fresh batteries
  • I use an adapter, but I checked the voltage with the adapter off
  • I took the top cap off and cleaned everything with alcohol

Does anyone have an idea what I can try next?

Thanks!

WaywardMage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
www.linkedin.com
Mage, it sounds like the PCB has probably gone bad in it. Unfortunately, we no longer have the PCBs for the original Buzzes and the Buzz Pro PCBs won't fit the old tubes :( I wish I had better news for you.

Wow....I feel like I should have a funeral. The Buzz has always been my "Old Reliable". When people would ask me which device to get, I would tell them "It doesn't have many frills, but when it absolutely, positively has to fire every time you hit the button, go with the Buzz".

Now, after years of service, it is time for it to go gentle into that good night.

Rest in peace, my friend. You've earned it. :cry:

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Wow....I feel like I should have a funeral. The Buzz has always been my "Old Reliable". When people would ask me which device to get, I would tell them "It doesn't have many frills, but when it absolutely, positively has to fire every time you hit the button, go with the Buzz".

Now, after years of service, it is time for it to go gentle into that good night.

Rest in peace, my friend. You've earned it. :cry:

Aw Dude! I could cry!!! :( Seriously! That was beautifully written.

On a happier note....the Buzz Pro's are on special!!! You should pick one up and feel better. ;)

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I still have my Original too Mage, and even tho I have Buzz Pros, I know the day will come to have to put my old purple girl out to pasture too. You are welcome to RMA it back to Notcigs to see if there is anything they can do, but I'm pretty sure it's the voltage regulator and would most likely be a waste of shipping money. I'm sad for you.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Does the blue light still work? Most likely the red led went bad, but there is not really anything you can service by taking it apart. If you are still within your 6 month warranty you can RMA it and the shop can fix it. RMA form

I don't recommend that you do any dis assembly other than taking the bottom plate off to access the batteries. Be sure you are using a sealed adapter to protect the top cap from letting juice seep inside.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a very strange problem with my original Infinity. It works perfectly but does strange things. I decided to screw on the little voltage meter the other day and it metered 7.6!! I turned it up and I turned it down and it still metered 7.6.
    OK so I screw the voltage meter on and press button-blue power light comes on and meter reads 7.6. I let go of button and power light stays on. Lighted display on the meter has gone out but the background numbers are fluctuating. Unscew meter and power light is still on. Screw on adaptor-light still on. Screw on tank and light goes out. It's not the meter. It works right on all my other units.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Let me know if the soak does any good Fran. The flaky voltage is how mine acted when the PCB went out.

Fright, the best way to tell when your vvpv needs charging is when it stops vaping. The red light will stay on when it needs to be charged, it's the blue light that won't come on. The warranty doesn't transfer when you buy one used.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread